**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who do you hate?

Comments

• The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

Venom the effing Duck. Howard the Effing Duck and Hit-Monkey.

WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY are they in the game and not characters like Iron Monger, Whiplash, Hellcat, Jessica Jones, Kurse, Skurge, Shuri, Mantis, Misty Knight, Baron Zemo, Mockingbird, Klaw, Goliath, Valkyrie, Shocker, Lady Deathstrike, Warpath, Pyro or Avalanche?

I still don't understand who wanted Hit-Monkey as a playable champion. Is there a specific reason why they added him to the game?
    This year they are focusing on lesser known characters and not so much main marvel characters, obviously movie tie ins are a must for them but there aren’t many of those currently
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    Does it have to be “who” or can it be “what”? I hate any fight where high rank and class advantage are not enough, and you have to have a very specific champ ranked up to win. I thought that Kabam had learned from feedback about the original 6.2.6 boss fight not to do this, but then I experienced this month’s Herald quests. Every single boss fight is this way. This is the future of the game?
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Howard the Duck, hated the movie growing up and have hated him ever since.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY are they in the game and not characters like Iron Monger, Whiplash, Hellcat, Jessica Jones, Kurse, Skurge, Shuri, Mantis, Misty Knight, Baron Zemo, Mockingbird, Klaw, Goliath, Valkyrie, Shocker, Lady Deathstrike, Warpath, Pyro or Avalanche?

I still don't understand who wanted Hit-Monkey as a playable champion. Is there a specific reason why they added him to the game?
    because he was cheap
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★

because he was cheap
    @lowlevelplayer what do you mean by cheap?
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Now: Korg, Thing, Nick Fury, Domino
    Last year: IMIW, Sentinel
    Two years ago +: Nightcrawler, Magik
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Korg, Annihilus, and Thing, mostly. I have basically no Unstoppable counters, so that's super annoying to deal with. Korg punishes you for evading and also has Unblockable abilities, while Annihilus essentially requires you to evade immediately from the start of the fight or not at all because if he so much as touches you he'll put that debuff on you that lets him go unstoppable, and he's also parry immune just enough of the time to confuse you into wondering if he is or isn't and how do his abilities work again? Thing is a little easier to work around, but I still haven't figured out what the trick is. Get him to 15 charges and then bait a special, sure, but half the time he gets to 15 long before he even gets to SP1.

But of all these, Annihilus is my most hated. Every time I fight him he's just insanely aggressive and it's a massive pain to evade and intercept fast enough, and if you screw up at any point you still have the reflex to intercept, except now he's Unstoppable and will wreck you.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    Fighting Gulk is inexplicably struggle with so often because his SMASH so often catches me off guard
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Korg (too few counters, none of which I have)
    Domino (no real counters)
    Killmonger (sp1 evade timing, unstoppable, recoil), Aarkus and Omega Red (only the really beefed up ones. Variant-type beefed)
    Dr Strange - mainly due to me blindly jumping into every single Strange fight ever with Voodoo, forgetting that counterspell exists and getting shut down every single time.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    solopolo said:

Korg (too few counters, none of which I have)
    Domino (no real counters)
    Killmonger (sp1 evade timing, unstoppable, recoil), Aarkus and Omega Red (only the really beefed up ones. Variant-type beefed)
    Dr Strange - mainly due to me blindly jumping into every single Strange fight ever with Voodoo, forgetting that counterspell exists and getting shut down every single time.

Won't champions immune to AAR like AA, Mordo, Oml work against Domino? I heard people complaining about her a lot but I haven't fought her much outside of arenas.
  • Joshua_EiversJoshua_Eivers Posts: 108

Now: Korg, Thing, Nick Fury, Domino
    Last year: IMIW, Sentinel
    Two years ago +: Nightcrawler, Magik

I definitely have to agree with you on that
  • HelluvaPullHelluvaPull Posts: 83

I hate Ghulk. A long time ago, I pulled 10k 6 star shards from the free GGC when I was only Proven. Soon, I would get requests from alliances that are wayyyyy above my level just because my pfp was a 6 star. My first AW, I ws looking forward to fighting him so bad. My main champ was a maxed 3 star Ghost, other than the 6 star Nebula ofc.

My first fight in AW was ghulk. I went in with my Ghost, thinking I'll save Nebula for the boss. I phased first few hits and went for a medium and BOOM! It is a smash attack and he goes Unstoppable and I die. I didn't know about the concept of "giving away kills in AW" back then.

So I had many revives but no health pots, so I proceeded to revive 9 times trying to kill him. Intercept? Nah unstoppable due to smash effect go brrrr. And I had no clue how to dex his SPs either, and sometimes they are unblockable. And that, is how I got kicked out of that alliance.

What’s pfp?

• SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    i hate 6.2.2 sinister. i could probably complete act six with my current champs but still no sinister counter. opened 10 cosmic/tech dual crystals hoping for cmm/ hyperion, heimdall/ warlock but no luck. i pulled two og iron mans, superior iron man, green goblin, HB, annihilus dupe, venom and two iron patriots and symb spidey.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I hate people that whine about content they are clearly not ready for... fair enough if there’s a genuine issue, But something like say the herald difficulty this month is a reasonable challenge.
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★
    Midnite93 said:

ESF said:

Always hated Domino’s kit. From release to now. Think it’s unnecessarily OP and I always hate unavoidable, random damage

Use Mysterio no unavoidable damage, no AAR and no unlucky plus he's tech.
    people have forgotten mysterio I feel sad why they are crying against domino while we use mysterio like a boss...
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    I literally hate all game laggers especially in the good old days venom and Dormammu used to lag the game a lot especially their sp2 because I was using my tab or something but even now the AQ boss doctor doom sp2 lags a lot and even Mysterio and vision Aarkus (dude you can see air coming from his armpits) just so much graphics...
    If you are probably using a lower android version in the past you will know
    Thank goodness I bought a phone 1 month before the lower versions incompatibility...
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★

When I was a newer player I was in an alliance that was really too high for me at the time, which helped me a lot. I only had a couple of 4*s and I pulled 4* Joe Fixit. I asked if he was good and no one was brave enough to tell me the truth. Bear in mind this was pre willpower nerf and Joe Fixit was arguably the worst champ in the game. If you were using him vs anyone with willpower he was like an amazing doctor who would keep the opponent at full health the entire fight. But everyone felt bad for me and didn't want to tell me the awful truth, so I ran the hell out of the daily quests to get the resources to take him immediately to R3. Used units for energy refills so I could rank him in time for War defense as I was trying to get 3*s off the team. It wasn't long before I discovered just how bad he was. I sold him in order to complete my first ever 5* crystal and pulled SL and sold him every time I pulled him after that for ages. He won't quit me though and I now have the 4* at max sig lol. He isn't nearly as bad as he used to be but I still hate him and still might sell him again.

Everyone liked that 😂
    Mayis said:

Korg is the worst designed champion ever.

Wanna parry? Well, he shrugs off debuffs and becomes stronger.
    okay, maybe intercept? Heck no! He returns part of the damage from mediums, heavies and specials back to you.
    Ummm, maybe try eat a full combo to block and counterattack him? Good luck with that, he goes unblockable and unstoppable if u simply dash back.
    And be sure you don't hit his block too much, he'll go unstoppable too.

Aside from all of this his sp1 is unblockable and is very hard to evade...
    Oh, I forgot to say he receives less damage when rock is active.

His class is pretty much messed up too. He is skill, so the best counters are mutants, yes? YES?
    Nope. Korgs main weakness are energy/non-contact attacks. Most mutants do contact attacks, and most mutants attacks are not energy-based. There are more mystics who deal energy damage.

Maybe mystics are a good counter to him? They can nullify unstoppable and unblockable, yeah? Nope, because they are passive, so u need slow.
    And who has slow?

- She-Hulk
    - Red Guardian
    - Spider-Gwen
    - Sorcerer Supreme
    - Stealthy

We don't count Pyramid X storm, because she puts it only for duration of special attack 1. We don't count synergies, because they are synergies -_-

So, we have 5 potential counters. Btw, most counters (maybe all of 'em, I'm not sure about Shulk) were not in the game when Korg was released. This proofs that he has horrible design.

3 of 5 are science champions, so their slow will not work on Korg. We have only 2 counters for Unstoppable: Stealthy and Sorcerer Supreme. Stealthy isn't a perfect counter too: he relies on refreshing his debuffs, which can be shrugged off if rock shield is active.

We have only 1 champion, who has energy attacks and can handle Korgs unstoppable: Sorcerer Supreme. And again, Korg may just shrug off that Slow. Sorcerer Supreme was released in 2020, while Korg is in game since 2018.

If we put aside unstoppable, we have Havok, Namor, Omega, Iron Man IW, Claire, Hype and couple of other counters.

And what about attack? Well, he's a wet noodle. He doesn't have debuffs, except for the bleed on SP2. I wanna remind u that most of good skill champs either put a lot of dots on opponents (Squirrel Girl, Blade, Ronin, Black Widow, EVEN BLACK PANTHER) or do hit like a truck (Stealthy, Aegon, Taskmaster). Some of them even combine this two abilities: Monkey, Elsa, Nick, Masacre. Korg does none of this.

I can talk about his horrible design for hours, but there is a lot of text already, hope it's enough.

Saying mystic can't handle him is BS.
    I use doom and intercept the living day lights out of him, and Smacked him senselessly.
    Before I got doom, I used to fight with Hyperion. He has a long range for a light intercepting. Hell! Sometimes I intercept him with a medium, to get the monkey business done faster. Because you only need 2 full 5 hit combos, or 3 4 hit combos of LLLL.
    Saying you can't dash back is false as well. You can't dash back twice at a go, just like fighting sentinels, only Dash back when it's necessary and intercept him as he comes for you.
    Without any stupid extra alliance war BS node like mix masher, you can easily get his first batch of rock stacks down. Then that's where the fun begins.
    I used to hate vision arkhus with all passion in this world, because of the god damn lag when ever I fought him, plus the cold snap just sent me fast to hell when I can't see half of what I'm already doing.
    Thankfully I've been recently blessed with a doom, and all I have to struggle with now is the lagging.
    Now mojo is topping that chat until I pull a 5 star quake, then I'll achieve enlightenment.