**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #5: Blood and Venom

Comments

• The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

Just a question: We can use spiderverse/mystic/symbiote champs of any rarity right ?

Yes
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Can we get a breakdown of chapter vs full completion and completion vs exploration?
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    Nothing for sinister six??
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Now I'd like to see what the purely completion rewards are, not combined with exploration
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    So is there no 3-4 gem for completion?
  • CatapoulpeCatapoulpe Posts: 101

I guess the rank 5 gem is now for completion and the 3 t5b and 25% T5cc for 100%. So it's a lot better
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

With so much new content release between the last Back Issues, and Cavalier difficulty on the Horizon, we’ve given the baseline difficulty of the Variant Difficulty a bump to keep pace with modern Player strength. This also means an update to the rewards to keep them valuable to those same players.

Rewards:

For completing and mastering all of the Variant quests, you earn:
    5-Star Rank 2 → 3 Gem x3
    5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem (2015/2016/2017 Champions) x3
    5-Star Rank 4 → 5 Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Crystal Shards x25000
    Tier 5 Basic Catalysts x3
    T5CC Fragment Crystal (25%)
    6-Star Crystal Shards x5000
    5-Star Signature Stone Crystal x48
    Gold x4,000,000
    Units x360
    Why is there no T2A ?

I guess the rewards are here fir summoner to boost their roster for the Book 2 and Act 6 but with no T2A those catalysts will have to wait before being used 😉
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,134 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

With so much new content release between the last Back Issues, and Cavalier difficulty on the Horizon, we’ve given the baseline difficulty of the Variant Difficulty a bump to keep pace with modern Player strength. This also means an update to the rewards to keep them valuable to those same players.

Rewards:

For completing and mastering all of the Variant quests, you earn:
    5-Star Rank 2 → 3 Gem x3
    5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem (2015/2016/2017 Champions) x3
    5-Star Rank 4 → 5 Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Crystal Shards x25000
    Tier 5 Basic Catalysts x3
    T5CC Fragment Crystal (25%)
    6-Star Crystal Shards x5000
    5-Star Signature Stone Crystal x48
    Gold x4,000,000
    Units x360
    Why is there no T2A ?

I guess the rewards are here fir summoner to boost their roster for the Book 2 and Act 6 but with no T2A those catalysts will have to wait before being used 😉
    I get more t2a than t5b so im happy with this and the increased rewards as my t5b i only rank a 5 to r5 if i need it to help in aq or war now so this makes me able to rank more fun champs for me to use for other content now
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 192 ★★
    Could you please explain what kind of level of difficulty can we expect? In line with Variant1? In line with Act 6?

Looking at the nodes, it's clear that you will have an easier time (doesn't mean easy) using the specific champions that benefit frm the nodes and a hard time if you don't. I'm concern with the first chapter as my only availability are spiderman classic and miles morales both 5* r1, not sure if i'll have to rank them up, or I can at least finish chapter 1 and while I explore 2 and 3 try to get starky or stealth.
    Ambjony said:

Could you please explain what kind of level of difficulty can we expect? In line with Variant1? In line with Act 6?

Looking at the nodes, it's clear that you will have an easier time (doesn't mean easy) using the specific champions that benefit frm the nodes and a hard time if you don't. I'm concern with the first chapter as my only availability are spiderman classic and miles morales both 5* r1, not sure if i'll have to rank them up, or I can at least finish chapter 1 and while I explore 2 and 3 try to get starky or stealth.

Just wait a few hours and you'll see for yourself

Can you please split the year rank up gems in our inventory and when we want to rank up a champion? I have some 2015 and 2015/2016 Mutant and Cosmic rank up gems but if I want to rank up a 2015 champ I am not sure if it will use the 2015 rank up gem or the 2016 rank up gem. I dont want to have to wait for a 2016 champ to rank up before i can rank up a 2015 champ. This will be more of an issue now because these rank up gems also include 2017 champs

These gems will be generic now so this will not be an issue anymore
  • Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    Chapter 2 looks hella fun for doom claire and symbiote supreme I'm really excited to see the node combinations with these globals.
    Can't wait to test Symbiot suprem and Venom on chapter 3. Hold block and then launch sp3 for SS or Sp2 for Venom, double fury time !
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★

Can you please split the year rank up gems in our inventory and when we want to rank up a champion? I have some 2015 and 2015/2016 Mutant and Cosmic rank up gems but if I want to rank up a 2015 champ I am not sure if it will use the 2015 rank up gem or the 2016 rank up gem. I dont want to have to wait for a 2016 champ to rank up before i can rank up a 2015 champ. This will be more of an issue now because these rank up gems also include 2017 champs

Thats good
  • TitanPunchTitanPunch Posts: 60
    Timely rewards buff esp. the bump up in gold! Dual class crystals have drained gold and also T1As!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Man_Bat said:

Out of 29 available Mystic champions in the game, there are 23 champions who don't have nullify or have a way to control their nullify ability. #justsaying

This doesn't seem right; let's list them out:

Mystic champs with some form of Nullify mechanic (20):
    Claire Voyant, Diablo, Doom, Strange, Voodoo, Dormammu, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Immortal Iron Fist, Longshot, Magik, Man-Thing, Mojo, Morningstar, Sasquatch, Scarlet Witch, Sorcerer Supreme, Symbiote Supreme, Hood, Jane Foster

Mystic champs with a guaranteed (100%) Nullify mechanic (11):
    Claire Voyant, Doom, Dormammu, Iron Fist, Immortal Iron Fist, Longshot, Magik, Man-Thing, Mojo, Morningstar, Symbiote Supreme

Mystic champs with some form of Buff Steal (2):
    Ebony Maw, Loki

Mystic champs with neither Nullify nor Buff Steal (7):
    Dragon Man, Guillotine, Juggernaut, Mephisto, Mordo, Tigra, Unstoppable Colossus
    Tigra has a fate seal type nullify, same with mephisto. Jugs has staggers off heavy attacks as well.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    My only concern, and I’m not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Variant seemed like the bridge between Act 5 and Act 6 since Act 6 requires 5 and 6* characters.

However, if Variant is going to increase in difficulty, does that mean it’s going to act as a bridge between Act 6 and Act 7? I hope not. I understand the need to give end game players a challenge but I hope it’s not at a cost for everyone else who enjoys the variants.
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    edited August 2020

I'm not sure about this. You cant use the gems right out of the inventory, but in the champ avatar just one gem can be shown and be used.

Therefore, I really see a problem with the gems and that you cannot use any gem on any (suitable) champ at any given time, but have to rank up champs you perhaps even wouldnt want to rank up, and moreover in such an order that you hopefully dont waste anything ...

Or at what point am i thinking wrong?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

My only concern, and I’m not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Variant seemed like the bridge between Act 5 and Act 6 since Act 6 requires 5 and 6* characters.

However, if Variant is going to increase in difficulty, does that mean it’s going to act as a bridge between Act 6 and Act 7? I hope not. I understand the need to give end game players a challenge but I hope it’s not at a cost for everyone else who enjoys the variants.

I think v2-4 are going to be the bridge now and people will have to progress if they want to do other variants like 1 later on, and then 5 and beyond. obviously, not great for those who are around that act five completion to cav level, but I think it will incentivize progression, especially if it's a fun and fair challenge
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★

Some men just wants to watch world burn.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I guess the rank 5 gem is now for completion and the 3 t5b and 25% T5cc for 100%. So it's a lot better
    Oh okay, that makes sense. It is a lot better, but I can’t say I’m not bummed about losing out on the 3-4 gem, I was hoping to take Red Guardian up to r4 with one.