**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is the AI in arena passive again?

WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
Especially in the 5* arena or it is just me?

Comments

• Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    It has been extremely passive for me since the new round of arenas started yesterday. There is definitely something lingering from the update
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yeah the ai has still had some issues. its been staring me down a lot and daring me to hit them, where I get parries/blocked
  • GuruYosenGuruYosen Posts: 87
    Maybe they have recoil mastery, so AI prefer SP 3
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Again? It's always been pretty passive, esp building up to match 20, but it is a whole lot more passive then it's ever been, even post match 20, when the AI traditionally gets more aggressive and fires off sps easily. It seems to stay semi passive post infinite streak now.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Seems to be passive a bit more everywhere still. Tried uncollected, act 6 and varient. All seems to be holding block alot more and not throwing specials nearly as much.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    It’s hit and miss for me. Sometimes they throw SP1 right away, sometimes not. A better AI that plays to strengths makes the most sense to me. Why would Guardian throw a SP1 or Wait for an SP3 when his SP2 ends most fights. Same with Havok. I’ve played Havok a few times and he throws SP1 4 times and I mop the floor with him. I’m not saying I want the AI to be ultra aggressive, but if a champ has a lethal SP1 or SP2, why not use them? It would make arena much more enjoyable for me. I still grind like crazy, but it does me no favors to play 20 rounds of arena and then jump into act 5 and get smoked. Just slightly more consistent would be great!
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    Yes.... It's passive. Not ready to throw specials and blocking all day
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    In arena they just sit there and do nothing. They aren't blocking nor throwing sp attacks for 3-4 seconds
  • Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147
    It seems to actually have strategy now, for example I had 6 prowess with emma frost and it didn't stop blocking until they ran out. I've had this a few times with various buffs/characters, and not just in arena. I don't mind it but it definitely feels like the AI is smarter than it was.