**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

With the Magneto buff we need to fix the #metal situation

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
I mean come on kabam. Some champions aren’t listed as metal but very clearly use LOTS of metal.

For example
1. Blade (Swords and guns)
2. Corvus glaive (Glaive)
3. Black Panther CW. (Suit)
4. Domino (guns)
5. Magneto (his suit is definitely magnetised seeing as otherwise Magneto could not control it)

Those were just a few examples of champions that use metal weapons/have metal suits that aren’t classed as metal champions. Just saying. Magneto as of now has a much more limited use then maybe he should have.

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★

^
    He'll become too overpowered in a way

Not really seeing as they’ll probably nerf him against non metal champs
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    GagoH said:

^
    He'll become too overpowered in a way

Not really seeing as they’ll probably nerf him against non metal champs
    If one goes my "anything that is metal will be destroyed by magneto"
    There won't be many non metal options for him
    For the sake of balance, let's just let him be as he (hopefully) soon will be. Is still gonna be a beast for so many matches
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★
    I agree with all of you above and especially with @mayis he has given a perfect reason but guys there is another thread where @Kerneas only focused on tech champs

Hulk Buster (how could this iron wall not be magnetized screw that)
    starlord
    rocket raccoon
    yondu

these 4 can not be magnetized and are counters for magneto
    well, rocket's gun can be magnetized in some case...
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Faseeh said:

Elsa,Psylocke,Antman,Wasp,Aegon,Cable

Antman, Wasp and Cable are already classed as metal
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★
    Frosty said:

Shafeeq said:

I agree with all of you above and especially with @mayis he has given a perfect reason but guys there is another thread where @Kerneas only focused on tech champs

Hulk Buster (how could this iron wall not be magnetized screw that)
    starlord
    rocket raccoon
    yondu

these 4 can not be magnetized and are counters for magneto
    well, rocket's gun can be magnetized in some case...

Pretty sure HB is metal and can be magnetized. If I'm wrong then that seems foolish
    YOU ARE RIGHT CUZ HE IS IRON WALL
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

TP33 said:

I mean come on kabam. Some champions aren’t listed as metal but very clearly use LOTS of metal.

For example
    4. Domino (guns)
    5. Magneto (his suit is definitely magnetised seeing as otherwise Magneto could not control it)

Those were just a few examples of champions that use metal weapons/have metal suits that aren’t classed as metal champions. Just saying. Magneto as of now has a much more limited use then maybe he should have.

I get what you mean. However not all metals are ferromagnetic. And many argue Magneto can only control ferromagnetic metals. It's commonly debated weather he could control a lead bullet, and many agree he cannot. He can control the weapons firing it, but only bullets made of ferromagnetic metals, och jacketed in a metal like that.

I guess Blade uses a silver sword, since he slays vampires. I think a solid silver sword might be to brittle though... (correct me if I'm wrong) ...so he probably has a silver coated steel sword.

Anyway, I'm not sure what corvus´s glaive is made of. Could it be Uru (like stormbringer and Thanos´s sword)? In that case, do we know if it's a ferromagnetic metal?
    And... I guess they have to draw the line somewhere. Most of the champs probably have some little thing made of metal on them, their weapon, belt buckle... or heck... their keys in their pocket. ;)
    I do apologize for the bad spelling btw.. :# Phone set to auto correct in Swedish, so it didn't help hide it.
  • DianeNelsonDianeNelson Posts: 29

I disagree with some but bpcw, he really should he listed as metal.

Vibranium alloy cannot be affected by Magneto's powers. Google it.
    I guess that's why also Captain America is not considered Metal Champ, his Shield is made of Vibranium too.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    edited August 2020
    Terra said:

TP33 said:

For example
    4. Domino (guns)

I get what you mean. However not all metals are ferromagnetic. And many argue Magneto can only control ferromagnetic metals. It's commonly debated weather he could control a lead bullet, and many agree he cannot. He can control the weapons firing it, but only bullets made of ferromagnetic metals, och jacketed in a metal like that.

I guess Blade uses a silver sword, since he slays vampires. I think a solid silver sword might be to brittle though... (correct me if I'm wrong) ...so he probably has a silver coated steel sword.

Anyway, I'm not sure what corvus´s glaive is made of. Could it be Uru (like stormbringer and Thanos´s sword)? In that case, do we know if it's a ferromagnetic metal?
    And... I guess they have to draw the line somewhere. Most of the champs probably have some little thing made of metal on them, their weapon, belt buckle... or heck... their keys in their pocket. ;)
    Blade's sword is actually Adamantium, coated with acid.
    Wow... really? I did not know that. Then again, my knowledge of Blade mostly comes from the films starring Wesley Snipes, not the comics.
    From what I can find most say it's actually Titanium, with acid etchings. If that is so it should not be ferromagnetic. Since you can get Titanium implants and still have an MRI without the titanium reacting to the strong magnetic field.

But then some claim it's forged with a special technique using a steel core, so in that case it should be sensitive to Magneto.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Donnymeij said:

Not all metals are magnetic thou. So I guess the Metal tag is only if the metal they use if magnetic.
    Maybe adamentium isn`t magnetic and thus BPCW does not have the metal tag.

Magneto is amazing with this new buff if it stays as it is. There is no need to make him even stronger.
    If you look up the metal tag champs there are a lot where magneto might possibly be the best counter for.

This is just like corvus all over again how, in some way. 90% of all champs should have been avengers because of reasons.

The tag is fine, And magneto will shred a lot of content with his new buff.

Adamantium is in the comics a steel alloy with vibranium, hence Magneto could strip Wolverine's adamantium from his bones.

BPCW uses pure vibranium and cannot be magnetised.

Cap's shield used to be adamantium but I think it was retconned to pure vibranium.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

Vibranium can't be controlled by magneto, cap and bp should be immune but also so should vision as he's made from vibranium too.
    When you have champs like gwenpool who are #metal because of her swords I guess we should think about being more specific for skill champs because class advantage but less picky for others.

I agree. With space metals we should assume they are not ferromagnetic. But Punisher's guns, Hawkeye's arrows and Deadpool's swords are all ferromagnetic.
  • DianeNelsonDianeNelson Posts: 29
    Mayis said:

Deadpool and Masacre carry metal, but they use em only for special attacks. Gambit, Hela, Namor, Electra use metal. Aegons helmet seems to be metal. Bishops, Agent Venoms, Racoons, Elsas, Hit-monkeys, Furys guns are metal. Caps suit/shield is metal. Cyclops eye-thing is metal. Black Bolts crownish thing seems to be metal. His wife uses metal.

U can find metal almost on every champion. Well, even I carry metal on my slippers.

We already have 53 metal champs now. It's almost 30 % of all our roster. If u tag everyone with #metal, who will counter Magneto? U can't parry him, u can't bleed him, u can't shock him and u have AAR. There will left only few options who can beat magneto, and it isn't fair towards players with small roster to make him THAT OP.

Well said, and if you want to put it in more detail than that. Magneto could be so OP that he doesn't even need the opponent to have metal.

All he needs is to hold a coin on his hand to crush you.

Wink