**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

T1Alpha is becoming a huge bottleneck

2»

Comments

• Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I’m not sure I agree. Resource management is a much bigger obstacle. Far too many people waste some of these resources on pointless rank ups to rank 2 or 3. If you’re targeting your rank ups on champions that will help you clear content, there shouldn’t be a roadblock on any resource, including iso and gold. If you’re going to rank 2 and/or 3 every 5* you get, of course you’re going to have a shortage.

Case in point, just this afternoon, someone on global was complaining about a lack of T4B, T1A, gold and iso despite readily volunteering how he levelled up his only 6*, Rhino, to level 25 and took his 2 latest 5*, Bishop and Terrax, to rank 3. He’s not cav yet. My question was simple: what content do those 3 help you clear??? No answer.

The other thing no one seems to have mentioned is the number of rank up gems available in content like Variants. I’ve currently got 6 gems across classes for 2 to 3 and 3 to 4. That’s 30 T1A I don’t need.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

I’m not sure I agree. Resource management is a much bigger obstacle. Far too many people waste some of these resources on pointless rank ups to rank 2 or 3. If you’re targeting your rank ups on champions that will help you clear content, there shouldn’t be a roadblock on any resource, including iso and gold. If you’re going to rank 2 and/or 3 every 5* you get, of course you’re going to have a shortage.

Case in point, just this afternoon, someone on global was complaining about a lack of T4B, T1A, gold and iso despite readily volunteering how he levelled up his only 6*, Rhino, to level 25 and took his 2 latest 5*, Bishop and Terrax, to rank 3. He’s not cav yet. My question was simple: what content do those 3 help you clear??? No answer.

The other thing no one seems to have mentioned is the number of rank up gems available in content like Variants. I’ve currently got 6 gems across classes for 2 to 3 and 3 to 4. That’s 30 T1A I don’t need.

What about the people that Do have good Resource Management and still don't have enough? Just because 1 group of people are always Ranking Up every Champion the get doesn't mean Everyone is...
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    It's not so much an issue of rarity, it's the extreme amount of them needed right from the start. 10 to get them to rank 3, which is basically when the champions are even semi usable, Then another 12 to fully max them. I love DNA's idea of making the 1-3 gems more available for cav players.

But right now, my bottleneck is T4CC. Got a Warlock sitting at R3 with max capacity T1a's, T4b's, T2a's, T5b's, but only 2 Tech T4's. Opened everything in my stash: T4cc crystals, 200+ T4cc frag crystals, all glory/greater glory crystals, AQ crystals etc & pulled 0 fully formed techs, barely formed 1 from the frags. I then traded in like 12-18 max/overflow classes for the 3-1 trade in. I finally managed to get 1 lol

Even bought the $5 cavalier Tech deal today for the 9k frags. Opened my tech cav crystal expecting some random 3*, maybe a 4*, and couldn't believe it. Pulled a 5* Warlock -1st time dupe. The game is mocking me lol. Gonna be a long slog getting those additional 8 techs, but it's hardly the worst problem to have.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★

I don't get people that argue with everyone on this topic...
    So you don't have an Issue collecting and using T1 Alpha, Good For You, that doesn't automatically mean No One Else can have this issue and anyone that does is incompetent... If Kabam were to change anything making T1 Alpha more available/reasonable what would be wrong with that? It doesn't effect you if you already have plenty so all you have to do is Ignore It, you don't need to actively go against anyone asking for a Simple Reevaluation and Tune Up that again Won't Affect You if you aren't having any problems obtaining the Resource. Kabam knows what they are doing and would keep it Balanced if a Tune Up was made to make it More Reasonable but Not Overabundant, what are so afraid of about them reducing the Price slightly in the Glory Store or adding a Daily Quest people could do that You Can Ignore If You Don't Need It?

Well the argument is that the resource will change but the bottleneck will still be there. People at different stages of the game have different bottlenecks, different spending patterns have different bottlenecks. Let's assume that t1a is now freely available, then you'll be out of t4b. If t4b is widely available and you get all 5*s to r4 then it will be t2a. If t2a is widely available and you get all 5*s to r5 then it will be t5b. If everything is widely available and you're not a spender or a grinder then it will be gold and iso. If everything is available and you're a spender/grinder as well then you're bottlenecked by t5cc
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    i agree t1a is becoming troublesome for some, well many including myself. i cant be;ieve o have more t5b and t2a than t1a.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

I don't get people that argue with everyone on this topic...
    So you don't have an Issue collecting and using T1 Alpha, Good For You, that doesn't automatically mean No One Else can have this issue and anyone that does is incompetent... If Kabam were to change anything making T1 Alpha more available/reasonable what would be wrong with that? It doesn't effect you if you already have plenty so all you have to do is Ignore It, you don't need to actively go against anyone asking for a Simple Reevaluation and Tune Up that again Won't Affect You if you aren't having any problems obtaining the Resource. Kabam knows what they are doing and would keep it Balanced if a Tune Up was made to make it More Reasonable but Not Overabundant, what are so afraid of about them reducing the Price slightly in the Glory Store or adding a Daily Quest people could do that You Can Ignore If You Don't Need It?

Well the argument is that the resource will change but the bottleneck will still be there. People at different stages of the game have different bottlenecks, different spending patterns have different bottlenecks. Let's assume that t1a is now freely available, then you'll be out of t4b. If t4b is widely available and you get all 5*s to r4 then it will be t2a. If t2a is widely available and you get all 5*s to r5 then it will be t5b. If everything is widely available and you're not a spender or a grinder then it will be gold and iso. If everything is available and you're a spender/grinder as well then you're bottlenecked by t5cc
    Ok but then what about the people that have Plenty of Every Endgame Resource, since Kabam is making those more Reasonable Available with the Newer Content, but are only being held back by this Mid Game Resource that keeps getting left behind because it's still got the Same Availability and Price for Everyone whether they are Mid or Late or Endgame. They have done Price and Availability Splits for the other Resources like T5 Basic and T2 Alpha and T4CC/Basic ect. depending on your Act Title but keep leaving T1 Alpha behind even though it's an Mid And Endgame Resource since you need it for Each 5 Star Ranks. The major problem with these arguments is it groups together everyone having the issue as if they all have the same "bottleneck" cause, some people Rank Up every Champion they get (which yes is there problem), there's people with Great Resource Management but don't have the Time to Grind out Arena, the Side/Event Quests, and be in a Top Tier Alliance for the T1 Alpha from that branch, then there's people in those Top Alliances with Great Resource Management but the Constantly Evolving Game requires them to Rank Up the New Counter for an Event or Challenger or War if they do it which most High-Top Alliances Require.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

DNA3000 said:

In terms of ranking up specific targeted champs, I think there's plenty of T1A available between all sources.

Plenty for whom? What sources?

There is the Glory store, that we covered, you need 3550 Glory a week for 10.
    There is Master (3) & Heroic (2) & Normal (1) main event a month.

So, you are saying that 6 T1A is plenty, if you don't spend Glory a month? That is 1 rank up for a 5* a month.

Sure, you can also pay for more at the Sigil store, but, lots of people don't have $10/month for that.

Not everyone is in a big alliance to get them from the events either, heck, lots of people are not in any alliance because of time constraints being in a alliance brings.

The only people that have T1A coming out of their ears are the ones in alliances that meet most all their goals.

There needs to be more sources, or cheaper prices for F2P people. Add some in the side-event. Yeah, this month has some help with the 1->2 gems, but still need more T1A if you hope to rank up 2-3 champs a month.
    You left out arena which is a minimum of 9 a month. Alliance 3 day events don't have to hit the top bracket to hit the alpha in rewards either just put in some work to get the alpha and some of those events are super easy to hit.

This game is partially about resource management. If you aren't managing your resources you will eventually hit a bottleneck whether its t1a, t2 or t4b. Especially if you aren't getting a lot of glory from aq or using your glory to complete aq
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

DNA3000 said:

In terms of ranking up specific targeted champs, I think there's plenty of T1A available between all sources.

There needs to be more sources, or cheaper prices for F2P people.
    And there are, Alliances and Incursions.
    I chose to step out of both, so I don't complain, just lament.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Dshu said:

You left out arena which is a minimum of 9 a month. Alliance 3 day events don't have to hit the top bracket to hit the alpha in rewards either just put in some work to get the alpha and some of those events are super easy to hit.

This game is partially about resource management. If you aren't managing your resources you will eventually hit a bottleneck whether its t1a, t2 or t4b. Especially if you aren't getting a lot of glory from aq or using your glory to complete aq

They might be easy to get in alliance events for your alliance, but, lots of alliances & F2P people don't have that luxury.

Oh, right, forgot about Arena, that is 3 T1A every 9 days. So an additional 9 a month. It still is a drop in the bucket to rank up 4* & 5* champs.

As it is now, 4* don't ever get ranked up anymore, unless there are some gems available, and all resources are going to 5* champs. Even if everything is perfect for resource management, it still leaves LOTS of champs that you can't ever hope to rank up without gems to help you out on resources.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

SparkAlot said:

DNA3000 said:

There needs to be more sources, or cheaper prices for F2P people.
    And there are, Alliances and Incursions.
    I chose to step out of both, so I don't complain, just lament.
    Since when does Incursions offer t1a?
    I don't think so, it gives gold ?
    So I should start a thread about Gold scarcity?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    I just sold t1a today since they were expiring
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

I just sold t1a today since they were expiring

They were expiring because the inventory limit for t1a is only 15!
    And what you got for selling them?
    0,05% of a t2a for each t1a 🤣
    If you sell 200 you will form a very rare t2a catalyst.
    Yep, Kabam better not increase t1a availability, it will be game breaking 🤣
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 347 ★★★
    Wow I see so many posts by people here who don't know how bad this t1 alpha problem is.
    When you have huge rosters for ranking 4-5 5*s simultaneously you need so much of them.
    The current price of T1A in glory story is not justified at all.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    It’s definitely in a shortage right now for me. Gone from having 10+ in overflow constantly to now always spending as I’m able to get them in a few months. Not sure now where they were all coming from before....side quests I guess??

I’m not even a frivolous ranker of champs, don’t do arena so only champs I’ll use for questing go above r1.
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    Agree. I am having T1a issues now. Too many waiting to be ranked up. I have most of the resources but not many t1a n the comparative cost of t1a to t2a is higher which makes me reluctant to purchase from gs, so I have to still do heroic to farm those t1a. I hope the t1a cost is reduced to 50 glory a piece. they are currently overpriced imho.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    SparkAlot said:

DNA3000 said:

Plenty for whom? What sources?

There is the Glory store, that we covered, you need 3550 Glory a week for 10.
    There is Master (3) & Heroic (2) & Normal (1) main event a month.

So, you are saying that 6 T1A is plenty, if you don't spend Glory a month? That is 1 rank up for a 5* a month.
    *If* you aren't spending glory, and *if* you aren't grinding them out in the arena, and *if* you aren't getting them from SA rewards, and *if* you aren't getting them from AQ crystals, then you probably aren't getting plenty.

In other words, if you restrict yourself to only getting them from the second lowest source of them in the game, then you'll probably be constrained a bit.

If your goal is to rank up two or three champs a month, you probably need to be a little more active than that. One two two hours a week (really, every nine days), depending on roster, would get you nine a month from the T1A arena (technically every 27 days). 750 glory a cycle gets about twelve a month (technically every 32 days). That plus the six from monthly event completion is already about 27 T1A a month, and this level of effort is doable even for solo players, as a solo player running a solo alliance can get more than 750 glory per cycle. In fact, I believe you mentioned knowing someone who was doing even better than that in the solo alliance thread from a while back.

For most players in reasonably active alliances, even low alliances doing map 3 or 4 can spare 750 glory. But even if they spend less on T1A they are also getting T1A from map 3/4 crystals. Alliances doing map 5 or higher stop getting T1A from crystals for the most part, but are getting way more glory to compensate.

All of this is free to play available, and doesn't require things like the Sigil which have additional paths to T1A.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    The way some are going on, it’s like they’re trying to rank multiple 5* to rank 4/5 every week. Sure some maybe lucky to hit a rich vein of RNG luck and pull off a few amazing 5* in a short space of time but that’s not common.

The last 5* I got that I’d say was worthy of ranking up was Blade, 3 weeks ago. I already have Fury and Aegon maxed out as well as a 6* Stealthy so I don’t need another skill champ so Blade stays as rank 1.

Also these comments about end game players being held back by T1A bottlenecks is a misguided comments at best. Most end game players have extremely well developed rosters and are lacking 1 or 2 champions, at most.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    So we’re back to this again? If memory serves next week the t4c will be the bottleneck issue trendy topic, after which off course follows the highly sought after resource “gold.” There’s a sort of pattern with the bottleneck issues in this forum 🤓
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

Dshu said:

They might be easy to get in alliance events for your alliance, but, lots of alliances & F2P people don't have that luxury.

Oh, right, forgot about Arena, that is 3 T1A every 9 days. So an additional 9 a month. It still is a drop in the bucket to rank up 4* & 5* champs.

As it is now, 4* don't ever get ranked up anymore, unless there are some gems available, and all resources are going to 5* champs. Even if everything is perfect for resource management, it still leaves LOTS of champs that you can't ever hope to rank up without gems to help you out on resources.
    If you are contributing to the events (1/30th) of the events score and others aren't maybe you should look into another alliance. Out of curiosity what level are you and where are you in Story quest? What aq are you running in your alliance and are you using glory to get through aq? Are you using the alphas you get to rank champs to help you complete variant content for the rankup gems? Those gems save you resources. Without context your argument sounds pretty weak?