**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

With the Magneto buff we need to fix the #metal situation

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kevo9513 said:

Faseeh said:

Lol u guys are right. But nearly every champs has metal stuff if u wanna play it that way

And then there was quake
    She has metal as well if you want to get down to it, we all have metal in out bodies.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Not.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★

Donnymeij said:

Not all metals are magnetic thou. So I guess the Metal tag is only if the metal they use if magnetic.
    Maybe adamentium isn`t magnetic and thus BPCW does not have the metal tag.

Magneto is amazing with this new buff if it stays as it is. There is no need to make him even stronger.
    If you look up the metal tag champs there are a lot where magneto might possibly be the best counter for.

This is just like corvus all over again how, in some way. 90% of all champs should have been avengers because of reasons.

The tag is fine, And magneto will shred a lot of content with his new buff.

Adamantium is in the comics a steel alloy with vibranium, hence Magneto could strip Wolverine's adamantium from his bones.

BPCW uses pure vibranium and cannot be magnetised.

Cap's shield used to be adamantium but I think it was retconned to pure vibranium.
    Caps sheild used to be a adamantium vibranium alloy. Since the MCU, I only ever see it refered to as pure vibranium now
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★

TP33 said:

I mean come on kabam. Some champions aren’t listed as metal but very clearly use LOTS of metal.

For example
    1. Blade (Swords and guns)
    2. Corvus glaive (Glaive)
    3. Black Panther CW. (Suit)
    4. Domino (guns)
    5. Magneto (his suit is definitely magnetised seeing as otherwise Magneto could not control it)

Those were just a few examples of champions that use metal weapons/have metal suits that aren’t classed as metal champions. Just saying. Magneto as of now has a much more limited use then maybe he should have.

I get what you mean. However not all metals are ferromagnetic. And many argue Magneto can only control ferromagnetic metals. It's commonly debated weather he could control a lead bullet, and many agree he cannot. He can control the weapons firing it, but only bullets made of ferromagnetic metals, och jacketed in a metal like that.

I guess Blade uses a silver sword, since he slays vampires. I think a solid silver sword might be to brittle though... (correct me if I'm wrong) ...so he probably has a silver coated steel sword.

Anyway, I'm not sure what corvus´s glaive is made of. Could it be Uru (like stormbringer and Thanos´s sword)? In that case, do we know if it's a ferromagnetic metal?
    And... I guess they have to draw the line somewhere. Most of the champs probably have some little thing made of metal on them, their weapon, belt buckle... or heck... their keys in their pocket. ;)
    Captain, we have a big brain here!
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    TP33 said:

I mean come on kabam. Some champions aren’t listed as metal but very clearly use LOTS of metal.

For example
    4. Domino (guns)
    5. Magneto (his suit is definitely magnetised seeing as otherwise Magneto could not control it)

Those were just a few examples of champions that use metal weapons/have metal suits that aren’t classed as metal champions. Just saying. Magneto as of now has a much more limited use then maybe he should have.

Forget about them even hulkbuster isn’t tag as metal. 😂🤣😂 I was like WTF.
    Imran said:

TP33 said:

For example
    4. Domino (guns)

Forget about them even hulkbuster isn’t tag as metal. 😂🤣😂 I was like WTF.
    Yes he is... you cannot 100% trust third party sites

Not all "metal-looking skins" in the game are metal in the game
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

This is a stupid thread but I wanted to point out that titanium is weakly magnetic. It isn't enough to be affected by today's machines for medical procedures but it still has a weak magnetic field. Just wanted to share some actual science in case anyone wanted to learn something after reading through all the pointless comments.

And Iceman isn't coldsnap immune, trying to use actual science within a game with superpowered beings is useless and redundant to do
    HI_guys said:

How is sentinel metal? Weren't they changed to not be affected by magneto

That was Archangel, a long time ago
    Jestress said:

HI_guys said:

How is sentinel metal? Weren't they changed to not be affected by magneto

I think he's referring to the X-Men movie where Trask made Sentinels without metal so Magneto couldn't manipulate them. Either way, this game doesn't follow Marvel movies to a tee.
    in the cartoons there were plastics as well.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I always found it pretty wack that Gwenpool is a metal champion but Blade isn’t.