**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• JfinchJfinch Posts: 6
    I dont
    know how to post vids here but I have them
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    I don't know about lagging, but the AI is different after the update.

Even after Heralds of Galactus, Herald difficulty, the AI seems a lot more passive in "ALL" areas of the game. So far I have done:
    Act 6
    Side Event Quest (Heralds of Galactus)
    Arena

With the release of Variant 5 and new Monthly Event Quest later on today I am sure it will be the same.

iPhone 11 Pro Max.... No need for me to add all the other info, as everyone, iOS and Android regardless of device seems to have the issue.
  • KoutavitoKoutavito Posts: 14
    edited August 2020
    Game lags randomly in fights since v28 update. I get extremely low fps, device is heating up and blocks and specials are like behind 1 second (UI is not responding to my actions when it should but after 1 second). I just spent today’s Galactus’s favor for nothing :(
    Even right now, while I am writing this post and app is in background, device is cooling down. The moment I switch to the app, without doing anything, just being in the main menu, it starts heating up.
    I started seeing this the moment I updated. Did not have such fps lag before for the past year since I first got this device.

IPhone X
    ios 13.6
  • OtotheQOtotheQ Posts: 10
    In-Game Name: O-('.'Q)
    Device and Model: iPhone X
    Device Operating System: IOS 13.5.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both. cellular is China Mobile
    Game Version Installed: 28.0
    Game Mode: Logging in.
    Description of the Issue: Cannot log in from China once again w/o using VPN. Thought you guys fixed this last month. What is going on?
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    And now AQ has started, can't wait to see how bad this is gonna be. Thanks kabam for the comp last week, gonna need it since u broke ur game AGAIN
  • Tul123456789Tul123456789 Posts: 26
    edited August 2020
    In-Game Name: Libra-t
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Device Operating System: IOS 13.6
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular data
    Game Version Installed: 28
    Game Mode: every part : In combat
    Description of the Issue: After updated IOS and Latest Version on the game. Fight will be normal for a couple of fight and its get more lag till I cant even respond to block or parry anymore. The frame rate is delay and phone start to heat up a bit...

Not sure its because of new IOS or game version but it will effect the gameplay like AQ ,AW and Uncollected event. Due to cant block.

This problem still okay with the old version of the game. thanks
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Iphone 7, IOS 13.1, wifi or network.

Lag, low FPS, graphic glitches and phone is noticeably overheating within a minute or 2 after I open this game. Starts cooling down within a minute after switching to another app, and/or closing out game.
  • VenkatrvVenkatrv Posts: 16
    In-Game Name: Venkatrv
    Device Operating System: IOS 13.6
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular data
    Game Mode: every part : In combat
    Description of the Issue: After updated IOS and Latest Version on the game. Fight will be normal for a couple of fight and its get more lag till I cant even respond to block or parry anymore. The frame rate is delay and phone start to heat up a bit...
    Also not able to get pass the loading screen at the start since 24 hours

Not sure its because of new IOS or game version but it will effect the gameplay like AQ ,AW and Uncollected event , also will miss on the daily rewards schedules

• NizzaNizza Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: Captain Maestro

Device and Model: İphone SE 64GB (OLD)

Device Operating System: iOS 13.6 (THE LAST UPDATE)

Cellular or WiFi: NO

Game Version Installed: 28.0 (THE LAST UPDATE)

Game Mode: All Over The Game

Description of the Issue: After 28.0 update, it gave graphical and software errors in the game. I deleted the game from my phone 2 times and reinstalled it. but the problem has not been resolved and still continues. This situation disturbs me a lot and I don't want to play the game. I want your problem solved.

• 509_Kreations509_Kreations Posts: 10
    Now we know the drill Kabam, new month same bunch of glitches again.

Please fix this game so it can be a reliable fun game.... every month more issues or even the same
  • Boom25Boom25 Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: Boombord

Device and Model: iPhone 11PRO ( last model )

Device Operating System: iOS 13.6

WiFi: Yes.

Game Version Installed: 28.0 (THE LAST UPDATE)

Game Mode: All Over The Game

Description of the Issue: After last updated I have graphical lags and software errors in the game. When stated fight, their some lags with graphic. I reinstalled game, but the problem has not been resolved and still continues. Please solved this.

• FireflyFirefly Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: Wølfberry
    Device Operating System: 13.6
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi (only logged on wifi)
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: Phone starts overheating and gets really hot. After only a few minutes of gameplay, the phone is burning and then it starts lagging badly. This is only when playing MCOC. It does not occur when I am playing other games or when surfing other social media sites such as Facebook, youTube, etc.
  • GasHaulerGasHauler Posts: 174
    In-Game Name: GasHauler
    Device Operating System: 13.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Description of the Issue: Multiple instances of random game crashes, in arena, monthly quest event, Variant 3 quest. Usually occurs either right before starting a fight or after a fight concludes, once happened in the middle of a fight in Alliance Quest. Has only begun happening since 28.0 update.
  • VISSIEBVISSIEB Posts: 1

In-Game Name: VISSIEB
    Description of the Issue: Since the release of update 28.0 I am experiencing massive lag during fights in AQ and the monthly event quests.
  • battybatty Posts: 177
    edited August 2020
    In game name:KNG_BATTY
    Device and model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Device operating system: iOS 13.6
    Cellular or WiFi : both
    Game version installed:28.0
    Game mode : everything
    Description of issue: when doing any fight or even just looking at my roster the game would shut down or restart shutting down will take me of the game on to my home screen and restarting will restart by its self tried to fix it nothing is working
    Thank you
  • battybatty Posts: 177
    batty said:

In game name:KNG_BATTY
    Device and model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Device operating system: iOS 13.6
    Cellular or WiFi : both
    Game version installed:28.0
    Game mode : everything
    Description of issue: when doing any fight or even just looking at my roster the game would shut down or restart shutting down will take me of the game on to my home screen and restarting will restart by its self tried to fix it nothing is working
    Thank you

Also like to add to this my phone would heat up a lot which isn’t normal and will be extremely hot also going in and out of the app to give alliance members info will close the game down which isn’t normal forgot to add this in
  • sluicedsluiced Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: sluiced
    Description of the Issue: Phone is overheating after a short time playing. Game lags and becomes unplayable if playing and charging at the same time, most likely due to further overheating.
  • BEANBOT714BEANBOT714 Posts: 32
    Been having an insane amount of crashes, can't do a fight without one
  • so much lag in variant 5.

every special 3 lags, and i'll get intermittent lag on about every other fight. the lag makes it so every input is registered about 1 second later. this is unplayable.

iphone x, ios 13.6
  • In-Game Name: Kman The Great
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: 13.5.1
    Game mode: All modes
    Description of the issue: The game has become unplayable, more so in the last few days. There’s a lot of game lag ever since the last patch, and the game is literally crashing and switching off every few fights. This is especially concerning when it happens in alliance war. My phone is also getting very hot while I’m in game, the temperature is fine with using other apps.
  • DonrefreDonrefre Posts: 124 ★★
    In-game name: Donrefre
    Device and model: iPad Pro (11”, second generation)
    Device operating system: 13.6
    WiFi only
    Game version installed: latest
    Game mode: all modes
    Description of the issue: first of all there’s no difference in graphics between this IOS device and my Android phone (Xiaomi Mi 9)
    Aren’t iOS graphics supposed to be better? I don’t see any of the warp effects or the rain during fights
    Also the game doesn’t seem to run smooth and it lags for a few seconds sometimes
  • In-game username: Im_Adam
    Device: iPhone 6
    Device operating system: IOS 12.4.7
    Cellular or WIFI: WiFi used most of the time and it doesn’t seem to be the problem connecting to this.
    Game version installed: latest
    Game mode: the game crashes more often in AQ, AW and incursions.

Description:
    The game will start to lag until it crashes after 10 minutes or more, champions will take longer than usual to appear on the list to pick, the longer you’re on the game. It happens very often when I’m doing story quests, event quests, AW, AQ and incursions.

And whenever it’s about to crash is always when I’m about to fight, it’ll just show me the loading screen and it crashed. Never when in the middle of a fight. It’s like there’s a limit for me, the first fight will load fine and go just fine. Second fight will start to lag a bit on the loading screen or when I’m picking the right champ to fight, and it gets worse until it crashes.

Take notes that the crashes in the middle of the loading screen happens a lot in AQ, AW, story quests, event quests and incursions. I can fight in arena for how many matches I want without crashing. And it only lags outside and crashes outside of the fight. If I made it pass the loading screen to the fight, I’m safe.

But the crashes also happens during certain champions animations.

Thing’s sp1 guaranteed a crash if I’ve been on the game for long enough. But his sp2 and sp3 works fine and smooth. If I wanted his sp1 to not crash, I have to make sure I’ve restarted the game.

Mister fantastic and silver surfer’s sp3 never has a chance to complete its animation without crashing even after restarting the game.

Doctor doom’s sp2 will guarantee a crash if I’ve been on the game long enough just like thing’s sp1 but doom’s sp1 and sp3 works just fine.

Champions animations crashes happen in all game mode. I tried to avoid using a certain special attack as much as possible to avoid the crash.

Again, In arena, as I mentioned above, I can fight as many matches as I want without crashing or lagging, but I have to remember to not use the mentioned special attacks above too, to avoid crashing.

But even if I successfully avoided the animation crash, after like 100 fights or more with no interruptions in arena, if I were to switch to another game mode, It’ll start to lag and eventually crash.

Crystal spinning is also starting to lag a few weeks ago, and it could potentially crash too.

Let me know if the problem can be solved because this is frustrating or I should probably get a new phone or something.
  • Ckent1099Ckent1099 Posts: 69
    Kabam,

I’m having issues lately with my champs breaking loose while I’m holding down block. The champ runs into the fight but would not attack so the champ takes damage. The controls stick also. I’m in mid combo and the champ stops the combo completely. I’m using an iPad Pro 9.7”. Please fix. Game play is annoying and not enjoyable anymore man.sorry..
  • Annique89Annique89 Posts: 33
    In-Game Name: Annique89
    Device and Model: Iphone X
    Device Operating System: IOS 13.6.1
    Game Version Installed: 28.0.2
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Serious overheating. The frame rate drops after +- 15 minutes when you continue playing. Slow motion fights then. Experiencing this problem since the last update.
  • Foehammer1990Foehammer1990 Posts: 73
    Foehammer1990
    iPhone XR
    Wifi
    In any battle but specifically AQ the game lags and I can’t block. It’s making the game unplayable.
  • Kevin110Kevin110 Posts: 69
    Currently the game is frustrating I have had to fight the same aq fights up to 3 times with half my health gone each time. Lose my streak in arena along with points. I’m afraid to do war because deaths hurt my team. PLEASE FIX this is costing me units glory and $ along with real frustration
    Thank you
  • JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    JoseOk
    iPhone Max XS
    Wifi , high speed

1) Arena is essentially unplayable above a certain threshold, 20 or so matches in , the opponents will not throw any specials. I can only win with power control , seems pretty unfair, a change from a couple months ago.

2) Incursions are so glitchy i have to click the buffs 2 or 3 times to activate on each one. Also often having problems with opponents throwing specials, especially the bosses. Again, this wasn't like this a couple months ago.

3) I'm having problems where if i hold down the block to parry or try to activate a heavy, my hero just stands there and gets pummeled. Im pressing the same way i always pressed.

• MihaiVomirMihaiVomir Posts: 13
    In game I’d: MihaiVomir
    Device: IPhone 8+
    Device OS: 13.6
    Internet connection: WiFi
    Game Version: 28.0.2

I purchased the Daily Cavalier Crystal and it showed no connection and I went out of the buying page and went back and hit BUY, again which it went as intended.
    I checked my account balance and it shows that it charged my twice for the same Daily Cavalier Crystal.

Please see picture attached