**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Cheat? Pause/restart app/no deaths in AW? [Under Investigation]

JEbertJEbert Posts: 157
edited September 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Saw this on Reddit this morning and we lost our AW to an Alli that admitted to doing it.

So you can pause your fight - restart the app - and it will bring you back like you never started the fight. Saw a dude do this almost ten times - said that he'd fight Dorm as boss until he got enough for his S3 and then he'd restart it so he wouldn't die.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• JEbertJEbert Posts: 157
    uyzals5nrkk7.png
    0aahfkay4snx.png
    1iv1an122ghz.png
    1rx8fp5x36kj.png
    Or are we supposed to be able to do this? If so, I am going to start doing this immediately.
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    JEbert wrote: »
    Or are we supposed to be able to do this? If so, I am going to start doing this immediately.

At the moment you can do this over and over with no penalty. Until they fix it, I would utilise it as much as possible if I were you. Save yourself some items.
  • BigbadromoBigbadromo Posts: 26
    Thankkkkksssssss
    I know defender kills don't matter but it comes down to skill vs. exploit. If you are using a cheat to beat another player it isn't right. Enough problems with the game - let's not make it harder on each other.
    I know defender kills don't matter but it comes down to skill vs. exploit. If you are using a cheat to beat another player it isn't right. Enough problems with the game - let's not make it harder on each other.

How does this make it harder on each other? It benefits every player.
    Not in AW - some spend units while others exploit. The game is not fair to all
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    AW Attack heavily favors using champs that regen at this point. I'd recommend Ultron, IM, and IP. You can time out and regen repeatedly every fight without penalty since Defender kills don't matter.
    Born wrote: »

Born - my issue is that both alliances could get 100% exp - 150 in diversity - kill 3 bosses - and skill wouldn't matter. The team with the higher defender rating will always win. If you are better at the game it wouldn't matter - the team with the higher ranked players (albeit worse fighters) would win every time. My 9 mil alliance was beating 13 mil alliances before the change.
    If they are going to beat us - they can pay to play instead of cheating

Born wrote: »

Born - my issue is that both alliances could get 100% exp - 150 in diversity - kill 3 bosses - and skill wouldn't matter. The team with the higher defender rating will always win. If you are better at the game it wouldn't matter - the team with the higher ranked players (albeit worse fighters) would win every time. My 9 mil alliance was beating 13 mil alliances before the change.

Yea I understand that. But failing to see where force closing and restarting the fight is making it harder for each other. Both alliances can do it, making it easier for everyone. Defender kills don’t matter so where does the hard part come in?
    If they are going to beat us - they can pay to play instead of cheating

Pay to play or not, it’s the diversity and challenger rating that will win it if both 100%. Providing both teams 100%, the outcome is predetermined.
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    is it hard to 100% anyway? no. the only difference in using this is the impact on kabam's wallet
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    I offer the hottest of hot takes and predict the following:
    in a week or so, Kabam Miike will reiterate this:

"Hey Everybody,

Knowingly exploiting a bug or glitch IS a punishable offence. That punishment can come in many different forms, including, but not limited to, a temporary or permanent ban. This is laid out in our Terms of Service, as well as right here in the forums, in the thread that was linked to from the announcement. http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/34/on-cheating-and-player-conduct"

Then the "I got ban please kabam unban I no do bad etc. etc." posts start up again. The never-ending circle continues.
    Dormammu, I've come to bargain indeed...
    It's not hard to get 100% explore now. Kabam wants us to rank up our Luke Cage, Kamala, "you name the worst character"...In order to gain "diversity".

Bottom line - exploiting weakness in programming against another player - thus making them use units or pay isn't right. If all can do it then make it a rule and all known. We had members pay to try to get the 100% when it was failed attempt due to shoddy programming. That is my grievance. Others tried and won due to not using units when it wouldn't have been possible to kill a boss. Therefore, winning a war because they had higher ranked champs - not because they were better players.
    I offer the hottest of hot takes and predict the following:
    in a week or so, Kabam Miike will reiterate this:

"Hey Everybody,

Knowingly exploiting a bug or glitch IS a punishable offence. That punishment can come in many different forms, including, but not limited to, a temporary or permanent ban. This is laid out in our Terms of Service, as well as right here in the forums, in the thread that was linked to from the announcement. http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/34/on-cheating-and-player-conduct"

Then the "I got ban please kabam unban I no do bad etc. etc." posts start up again. The never-ending circle continues.
    Dormammu, I've come to bargain indeed...

Lol. Well they can take it off my tab of the many times I have been on the receiving end of the numerous bugs and glitches causing me to lose health or get KO’d and having to use items. This bug could go on for months And they would still owe me plenty.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf where you at on this?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    This is the result of the endless stream of "why did my champ lose half their health when the game lost connection" threads when they couldn't maintain good server communication. Too many fights were compromised because Kabam couldn't figure out how to stay online for a full fight.

Instead of fixing the problem, they just removed the "penalty". Now that people are figuring out the penalty is gone, they will start exploiting it. I guarantee Kabam will fix this within a few days because it reduces the amount people will spend on the game. Their "fix" will likely be re-implementing the penalty instead of actually fixing anything in the gameplay or servers.

Then we'll see the "why did I lose half my health when the game crashed" threads again.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Just deal with it. Cry babies
    @New_Noob168 Stop trolling your apathy. Do you have anything to offer in regards to positive change?
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    who cares why even bring it up now kabam will need to spend there time on fixing this instead of focusing on the major problem with war
    @andrade5184 what is the major problem with AW in your opinion - vague comments won't solve the issue - come with recommendations to fix it. The programmers can't fix ambiguity.
    lol i figured everyone already knows defender kills being replaced by diversity is the only problem needing fixed with war asap
    theres a thread with over 2k comments on why war is **** now
    fdcqqcrysn1e.png
    Looks like you know the issues - champ strength vs skill - kabam should look at allowing max 4* to be relevant if skilled players are involved.
    War rating doesn't matter now it seems - alliance prestige will not pair us with equal players.
This discussion has been closed.