**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Changes to Guardian

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Given the sensitivity of the issue, could we get a current update? Specifically, how it looks like changes will be implemented, when they will be implemented and the expected effects of said changes?

Thanks.
    Dr. Zola
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

That's why I suggested just adding "this ability can only occur once every (X) seconds" similar to Gulli 2099. That way it still processes but doesn't land on every hit of a long combo or special attack. You still get perfect blocks and the associated power gain just not in a crazy way. The Guardian synergy highlighted the occurrence but it's possible with other things like Longshot's lucky boost under certain circumstances.

@Kabam Miike I think that this is the best solution. This situation is very similar to the caltrops insane power gain cheese of the Guillotine 2099 synergy, so I think that it still should work on Domino because why not, she's a champion in the game who deserves to benefit from the synergy, but she can only gain power from external sources every 12 seconds or something. From masteries and her normal kit, nothing changes. From external sources like synergies, she can gain the effects every 12 seconds (just like the Guillotine 2099 synergy).
  • MaximusSavageMaximusSavage Posts: 37

That's why I suggested just adding "this ability can only occur once every (X) seconds" similar to Gulli 2099. That way it still processes but doesn't land on every hit of a long combo or special attack. You still get perfect blocks and the associated power gain just not in a crazy way. The Guardian synergy highlighted the occurrence but it's possible with other things like Longshot's lucky boost under certain circumstances.

@Kabam Miike I think that this is the best solution. This situation is very similar to the caltrops insane power gain cheese of the Guillotine 2099 synergy, so I think that it still should work on Domino because why not, she's a champion in the game who deserves to benefit from the synergy, but she can only gain power from external sources every 12 seconds or something. From masteries and her normal kit, nothing changes. From external sources like synergies, she can gain the effects every 12 seconds (just like the Guillotine 2099 synergy).
    Exactly my thinking, neither champion gets hurt in any way, you still get the benefit with Doms just not in giant chunks.
  • K_kK_k Posts: 6
    Let's just figure out a way to leave domino 100% untouched. This will end up badly kabam. C'mon, 12.0... do we need to keep "altering" long standing and highly sought after champions still? The obvious solution would be to re write the synergy code to not have that unwanted effect with domino. Please learn from the past, I beg of you.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    It will still affect domino. Since now they are thinking to change of her ability. Those who use perfect block mystery now useless
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Besides damage domino has nothing.
    Thanks again Kabam Team
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Yeah. Block proficiency that comes from Domino's abilities sounds great.
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★

We thought it was safer to make a change to the Synergy since Guardian is newer, and we would rather not make a change to Domino, a long-standing Champion that is pretty sought after. However, it seems like you all disagree with that.

We do have another idea that I would like to float by you guys that will leave the Synergy unchanged, and leaves Domino basically unchanged, but does mean that this interaction will no longer happen.

Right now, her abilities take into account outside sources of Block Proficiency, but we would change it so that it does not. The new ability would read: "A Block with (X) Block Proficiency from Domino’s Abilities results in a Perfect Block, reducing incoming attack damage to zero and granting 10% maximum Power instantly."

Basically, the Perfect Block has to come from her own abilities. Thoughts on that?

Read a few comments Around saying something similar. Much better option
    I’m sure more people will be in board
    I think guardian users, which there are definitely more than a few in this thread, would be into it. Need to get some feedback from others before I can be confident in this though.
    I have 5* r5 sig 175 Guardian, and a maxed out r5 Domino. I would be happy with the proposed compromise.
  • JAsummonarJAsummonar Posts: 171
    edited August 2020

Alright, from the feedback we're seeing here, and because this change should roundly result in no perceivable difference to Domino without the Synergy, I think we're going to move ahead with the Domino adjustment. I will have final information with numbers, etc soon.

We will be taking into account the Block Proficiency Mastery, as previously mentioned.

Really? How many MCOC players are there globally and how many of them are active here on forums? I am not usually active here though I have been playing the game for more than 5 years now.. I do not think that it is a good way of deciding it based on inputs received only in forums.

Plus what if there are issues left after changes in domino? Are we thinking to provide rank down tickets etc? While I do understand your comment "It's not going to impact Domino for people not having Guardian on their team", I also understand that it's not just a change in description, you have to change Domino to avoid block proficiency she might be getting from any other synergies. That is a change! That can leave issues in the way she plays today!

@Kabam Miike Don't you feel this post make any sense? If it does, I would really appreciate your comment and explanation on the same. I also know that you may be receiving 100s of such comments and you may not be able to respond to all but I don't see clarification about above queries anywhere in this thread. Please guide

@Midnite93 WHYT? You said she won't be changed, any comments on these?
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Alright, from the feedback we're seeing here, and because this change should roundly result in no perceivable difference to Domino without the Synergy, I think we're going to move ahead with the Domino adjustment. I will have final information with numbers, etc soon.

We will be taking into account the Block Proficiency Mastery, as previously mentioned.

Really? How many MCOC players are there globally and how many of them are active here on forums? I am not usually active here though I have been playing the game for more than 5 years now.. I do not think that it is a good way of deciding it based on inputs received only in forums.

Plus what if there are issues left after changes in domino? Are we thinking to provide rank down tickets etc? While I do understand your comment "It's not going to impact Domino for people not having Guardian on their team", I also understand that it's not just a change in description, you have to change Domino to avoid block proficiency she might be getting from any other synergies. That is a change! That can leave issues in the way she plays today!

@Kabam Miike Don't you feel this post make any sense? If it does, I would really appreciate your comment and explanation on the same. I also know that you may be receiving 100s of such comments and you may not be able to respond to all but I don't see clarification about above queries anywhere in this thread. Please guide

You've gotta understand they can't get Everyone's opinions on matter like this or any decision in general, they take the feedback from people on the Forums and the Majority is considered the community's decision. If those people want to participate in decision making like this then they would make a Forum Account and come here, it's the most reasonable way of getting Feedback from the community instead of waiting for the whole community to respond on each individual matter or going across all forms of social media collecting all the opinions of people that aren't on the forums...

You've gotta understand they can't get Everyone's opinions on matter like this or any decision in general, they take the feedback from people on the Forums and the Majority is considered the community's decision. If those people want to participate in decision making like this then they would make a Forum Account and come here, it's the most reasonable way of getting Feedback from the community instead of waiting for the whole community to respond on each individual matter or going across all forms of social media collecting all the opinions of people that aren't on the forums...
    Agree, they should be here but they are not and the fact is they play the game too and they are part of MCOC community nevertheless. Plus more than that, I am (with many others) concerned about the change in Domino. Yes she is my primary champion, yes I don't have guardian on my team an yes it really can impact my team and it's performance in case some issues are left after this change in the champion. I don't see why people like me who are not having guardian on their team should not be worried about the change??
    edited August 2020
    Also I feel there are less number of people opposing this change may be because the subject line says "Changes to Guardian" and not "Changes to Domino".. Created below poll

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/216064/changes-to-domino#latest
    Midnite93 said:

Agree, they should be here but they are not and the fact is they play the game too and they are part of MCOC community nevertheless. Plus more than that, I am (with many others) concerned about the change in Domino. Yes she is my primary champion, yes I don't have guardian on my team an yes it really can impact my team and it's performance in case some issues are left after this change in the champion. I don't see why people like me who are not having guardian on their team should not be worried about the change??
    Nothing about her is being changed at all except her interaction to Guardian's synergy
    Same way nothing was changed in AI but still there was a fix!!! And still it behaves badly sometimes.. I think you are not seeing what I am trying to point out...
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    There's nothing to be worried about though @JAsummonar , no one was running Full Teams of the Teammates Synergy (+5% Perfect Block Chance) or the Heroes For Hire Synergy (85+ Block Proficiency) for Domino before this Synergy... Anyone that was would've been using it in RoL and just for Fun, you are not going to see a change her minus the Insane Power Gain and No Block Damage activating so much caused by the Guardian Synergy that Needs to be fixed because it is 100% unfair and unbalanced. And no one wants to see Guardian's Whole Synergy be nerfed, a change you won't even notice for Domino is 1000% Better than nerfing the Synergy for All Champions which each of those have their own followings and would quickly go against that change so to your point there would be more people against the change to the Synergy than there are people against the change to Domino seeing as there's more Users of Wasp, Cull, Mojo, and Everyone Else combined than there are Domino User.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Midnite93 said:

Nothing about her is being changed at all except her interaction to Guardian's synergy
    Same way nothing was changed in AI but still there was a fix!!! And still it behaves badly sometimes.. I think you are not seeing what I am trying to point out...
    And they will address it in a bug fix like they addressed the AI change. I think you are over reacting too much. No one I know was running a perfect block team particularly for that ability of Domino. Taking in everyone's opinion is not really a feasible way.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Midnite93 said:

Pulyaman said:

Midnite93 said:

And they will address it in a bug fix like they addressed the AI change. I think you are over reacting too much. No one I know was running a perfect block team particularly for that ability of Domino. Taking in everyone's opinion is not really a feasible way.
    Let's be honest I wasn't even aware of it until kabam posted the synergy change lol
    Exactly, and even if I was, I would not be running that team. Perfect block team usually sucks for endgame because of the champions you need to take in the team. Could work for LOL , sucks for other content.
    People that are worried about Domino are looking at this the wrong way. Masacre's block proficiency is pretty good, 71%. Red Hulk's is about 50. Not great. You add Guardian to the team, Masacre's becomes fantastic, and Red Hulk's gets better by about 25%. That means if you add even a 3 or 4 star version of Guardian to the "preferred" Domino team, you get 500 or 750 point bump to THEIR block proficiency. Domino still functions almost exactly like she always did and Masacre's already good BP gets even better, and Rulk gets a healthy bump. Granted you need a 5 star Guardian to go into act 6, but literally everywhere else the trinity gets a bonus. It's a win for everybody.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★

Sorry, I know I'm late. If the adjustment to Domino is made, how would this impact her trinity-synergy with Red Hulk and Masacre?

Sorry, I know I'm late. If the adjustment to Domino is made, how would this impact her trinity-synergy with Red Hulk and Masacre?
    Not in ANY way that I see. In addition to the potential 1000 point bump Guardian adds to everybody he also has a 5% perfect block chance with Rulk so it really makes the support team EVEN STRONGER.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    i dont use domino much but im glad you guys are listening