**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #5: Blood and Venom

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Jestress said:

Jestress said:

Having issues with flux dispersal not resetting on a heavy attack on 3.1. Anyone else?

Correction... seems like it works *sometimes* but not every time. Anyone else encountering this?
    @Jestress do you have the pacify mastery? when you stun them and heavy, their aar can be reduced so the node is sometimes not triggered if you parry heavy which is an annoying interaction
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

I am on my last path from exploring section 2 with completion already done. I think I have used like 3 or 4 revives so far. My only gripe is there are encounters that the limitation of what champs you can bring in puts you at an automatic disadvantage. Like iceman with no cold snap immune option, or man thing with no poison immune champ, or the scarlet witch without poison immune. Obviously I have managed the fights but it feels a bit cheap. I would place the difficulty on this as easier than v1 for sure, probably somewhere middle of the pack

You have no cold snap and poison immune champs or there’s none available to use? Because mephisto is both.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    My favorite variant next to variant 4, you guys killed! The only thing that sucked was the amount of block damage from Hard to evade special 1 attacks in the 1.1 far left path.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Just finished it a few minutes ago 100%! I gotta say, I loved it for the most part. By far my favorite variant and I’ll do a full write up of it tomorrow.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    I’m not feeling it at all, like I’m playing a different game to you lot?

The fights are just really boring vs other variants. None of the boss fights are vaguely interesting.

Lacklustre
  • R_D_JrR_D_Jr Posts: 49
    The changes made to rewards are nice it is actually good to have r5 gem and 6* shards on completion also the other thing I liked is that they changed r4 2017 gems to generic
    Nice work done by the game team
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 192 ★★
    I have already finished exploring V2, V3 and V4, and I'm in the middle of exploring V1 (chapter 2.3 exactly). Do you guys think it's easier to do this variant or should I keep exploring V1 first?

I only got R5 SS and Magik, and then R4 Dr Vodoo, GhostRider, Guillotine, Venom the Duck and Hood. No spiderverse heroe available.
  • Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    Ambjony said:

I have already finished exploring V2, V3 and V4, and I'm in the middle of exploring V1 (chapter 2.3 exactly). Do you guys think it's easier to do this variant or should I keep exploring V1 first?

I only got R5 SS and Magik, and then R4 Dr Vodoo, GhostRider, Guillotine, Venom the Duck and Hood. No spiderverse heroe available.

It's definitely easier then V1 but you have to have the right champs... You can probably handle it with your champs you listed
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    The champion specific buffs were fun, challenge was decent for the rewards.
    Kinda felt like it was a bit basic? Compared to other variants but maybe that’ll change as people discover more unique interactions with the globals.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I did my initial clear by going after all the paths I thought would be most challenging for me. Maybe that's why, but I thought the chapter buffs were largely useless. I had an easier time completely ignoring them like 70%-90% of the time....

I wasted so much time trying to play the style set up by the chapter buffs before realizing the content would actually be easier for me if I just took in champs I liked and nuked the nuked. And by champs I mean Doom. I used him for the vast majority of the fights. Was excited to see how I could interact with the chapter buffs but ehhhh. Think I'm going to try and play with the chapter buffs when I'm going through exploration.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

Markjv81 said:

Mcord117 said:

I suggest utterly ignoring the globals because I never much found a tangible benefit to planning based on them.

Completely agree. I didn’t account for these nodes at all. Just focused on matchups and counters.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Another good variant. Some champs and their node combos are a little tricky but not horrendous. Did my initial run, no revives spent, 100% chapter 1, 1 revive spent and that was fully my fault. Let’s see how chapter 2 is for 100%.
  • Exidos17Exidos17 Posts: 25
    So I finished v5 first completion last night, and it was a lot of fun. I'm by no means a hardcore endgame player yet or have a surplus of maxed champs (Cavalier with 5 r5s). I've done completion of v3 and explored v4 as well.
    The first completion to me was easier than first completion of v3 and about the same as v4 (at least with my roster). The thing I enjoyed the most was that there were no super BS bosses like Kang from v3 or Deadpool from v4 which you need a hard counter to make it bearable. The last two bosses (Sym Spidey and Venom) weren't easy, but you could do a lot of damage before getting KOed.
    I used about 20 or so revives and a few potions from my stash for the whole completion run.
    My team I used the whole time was 5/65 Claire, 5/65 Sorc Supreme, 4/55 Gilly, 4/55 VtD, and 5/50 SW. Claire and SS were MVPs, but the whole team chipped in.
    Rewards: I pulled 5* Magneto (!!!) who I can take to r4 with gems, 6* Venompool (first dupe... RIP lol), and 4-5 Skill gem for Aegon (if I ever can pull him!)

If you have a few decent r4s, then you can get thru the easy paths without too much problem, so go for it! Good luck to everyone out there!
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

Markjv81 said:

Mcord117 said:

I am on my last path from exploring section 2 with completion already done. I think I have used like 3 or 4 revives so far. My only gripe is there are encounters that the limitation of what champs you can bring in puts you at an automatic disadvantage. Like iceman with no cold snap immune option, or man thing with no poison immune champ, or the scarlet witch without poison immune. Obviously I have managed the fights but it feels a bit cheap. I would place the difficulty on this as easier than v1 for sure, probably somewhere middle of the pack

You have no cold snap and poison immune champs or there’s none available to use? Because mephisto is both.
    I worded it wrong. Let me try better. There are encounters that to optimally defeat you need a couple particular champs ranked. This is not to say they can not be beat without. I used some boost and did iceman with stark. My point was once again if we go to the road map these micro targeted encounters are supposed to be a thing of the past. That’s all

I just finished exploring v5. Overall impression is it is fun, I enjoyed it. I am fortunate enough to have ranked champs that fit the mold of this quest so as to not hit any impassable road blocks. My mvps were doom, magik, venom. Honorable mention to stark which was nice because I haven’t dusted him off in a while.

I think all in I probably used like 10-15 revives, this could have been much lower cause I just blasted through it and had I been more patient could of saved resources. I had revives in stash so I am still at max capacity on 20%. Potions I under planned on so I used some units on them but ended the quest with more units than I started with.

If you do not have r5 versions of the very small selection of champs I don’t think this content will be for you. You can do it with r3 and r4 but the encounters are pretty beefy and your skill will need to be high. Section 1 has a lot of stun immunity which taking into account they are pushing you to use spider verse (squishy) champs it can prove to be punishing. I suggest utterly ignoring the globals because I never much found a tangible benefit to planning based on them.

Overall I was looking forward to this for a long time, and I am happy with the content. My 2 cents
    I agree to an extent about the global buffs. The symbiote buff in chapter 3 was awesome for me. The spider verse in chapter 1 was largely useless though
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kaspy said:

Haji_Saab said:

Jaggers68 said:

Why does this say 3 responsibility and in the quest it says 100?

Still works at 3
    How do you know when you have 3? I don't see a visual icon, do you have to keep mental note?
    you get a green icon with a spider symbol. It could be confused with a dex buff on some champs, but it has a timer.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

The fights are just really boring vs other variants. None of the boss fights are vaguely interesting.

Lacklustre

are you using the special abilities? they make the fights more fun and easier at the same time.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Very much enjoying this variant. Fun fights on the main account. Really challenging on the alt.
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    Iceman has counters and so does man thing ...Sasquatch...mephisto...agent venom can shrug off also
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    R3 Venom a while back... Crazy, or Genius ahead of his time? 😛
    Great content so far. And it was nice of them to front load some of the really good rewards into initial completion. And obviously happy to see 6* rewards added overall.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    RogerRabs said:

Overall not a big fan of this Variant. The chapter buffs to the allowed champion felt bland and rather lazy. Past Variants have let me bust out champions we never get to use and make them powerful enough to get through the content. This time, they weren't strong or fun enough for me to consider using someone like OG Spidey in Chapter 1 or Diablo in chapter 2. Instead I just stuck to Doom/Magik/Venom because they were by far the superior option, even without the buff.

Plus losing 7 or 8% of a 5/65 champions health on a blocked hit isn't very fun.

At least the rewards were great.

Don’t block? Lol
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Berjibs said:

Lacklustre

are you using the special abilities? they make the fights more fun and easier at the same time.
    No I did the whole thing pretty much with CV.

I tried using stealth for a bit who is my only spidey at r3 (who got ranked for this) but I hate him frankly, his animations and double mediums don’t agree with me. I appreciate that’s my issue.

Cv and magik are my only good mystics but cv doesn’t benefit from the buff as far as I could tell. Maybe I got a bit of powergain from magik, not sure.

Last chapter I used vtd against IW and venom vs the spider boss but the block holding seemed a complication i didn’t need to factor into those two fights for various reasons.

For eg v2 for me was way more fun, I was shredding that thing with 4/40 venom and 5/50 vtd. Those were sick buffs.

Honestly I’m so disappointed in this one having waited so long. It feels lazy or like an imitation of a variant and the entry requirements are also overly restrictive imo.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    Flux dispersal is not working correctly. It doesn’t always reset on heavy.