**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Magik Stand-Up Intercept Nerf/ Bug?

WedgemonsterWedgemonster Posts: 323 ★★★
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
This one seems to be flying under the radar.. but sometime recently Magik has lost the ability to perform a stand-up intercept. Whether that is intentional or a bug with her sp2 animation I can't say for certain. Maybe it is only specific to my phone. But now when I have the opponent power-locked against the wall and knock them down with a sp2, the game noticeably lags/slows and when you try to perform an attack at the time you normally would to hit them while standing up, your input fails and she just stands there. If you're lucky that's all that happens, but often you'll get hit after trying it too. The fact that it is only against the wall and prevents an advantageous part of her function makes me suspicious of an intentional nerf... especially considering the timing with the V5 release. But I am hopeful that this is merely a bug that will be resolved soon.

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

I'm aware of that. It's not a timing issue. It's simply not being able to do it, my input fails. I can't use it against anyone now. I was trying in V5 and had to just resort to parries.

was there a certain champ that it didn't work for? i haven't had problems
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

Everyone. Like I said, it kind of lags/slows for the duration of the sp2 and until they're back standing. Almost like it would if your phone was on 1% battery, except it's not. I can swipe all day and she just stands there until after they're back on their feet.

Sounds like a you problem therefore it’s bugged
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Everyone. Like I said, it kind of lags/slows for the duration of the sp2 and until they're back standing. Almost like it would if your phone was on 1% battery, except it's not. I can swipe all day and she just stands there until after they're back on their feet.

have you considered it is your device?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

A me problem.. lol. If you could read you could see that’s not the case. I’ve been performing stand-up intercepts with her without issue for a long time. But thanks for the helpful comment.
    a "you"/"me" issue would include it being your phone.

Lormif said:

have you considered it is your device?
    I have. That’s why I said “maybe it’s only specific to my phone”.
    fair.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    When I did my v5 exploration last night it seemed to work fine
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    No problems with my Magik and I use her often
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    I’ve been using it a lot in my V5 exploration, has been working fine. Sounds like an emerging issue with your device more than anything.
  • Chimi869changaChimi869changa Posts: 6
    edited August 2020
    Hello OP, I’ve been running the cosmic herald thing all day today and I’ve used Magik exclusively for the Hyperions I fought. Worked fine, no issues.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    The only "broken" thing imo is that some champs have different stand up times. Like I miss my stand up intercepts on Silver Surfer every time. There was 1 more champ I had a problem with in V5 chap 2. Cant remember who else it was tho
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I used Magik throughout V5 last night. It was fine. Some champs' animations do take a tad longer though and you just have to time it right. I know Surfer takes longer than others and some of the OG Women of the contest sometimes take longer.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    You’re swiping a bit too early. He’s still flat on the ground when you’re going in for your hit. Wait until they are starting their animation to stand before you go in. You probably only need about another half second before you should swipe. Adjust your muscle memory. I also used Magik intercept for a large portion of V5 and noticed no difference than the norm.
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

Maybe I misinterpreted.. Yes it is me and apparently not everyone experiencing it, so it would be a bug, not a change.
    I'll have to see if it persists outside of Variant 5 or if it's only there. That may be the only place I've experienced it in retrospect. Or else it'd be from the latest update, because the issue is recent.
    I was being sarcastic
  • CowabungaCowabunga Posts: 78 ★★
    Storm also takes longer to stand up btw