**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW Diversity Not Acting Like Kabam Mike Stated

@Kabam Miike , you had stated that diversity would no longer be per BG, but would be taken for the alliance as a whole during AW when you announced that attacker kill points were being reduced. We just lost our war due to the fact that we set up our diversity across the entire alliance, not per BG, which was supposed to be the "broken" method of scoring.

Why is it still acting in the broken fashion where it is doing diversity per BG? Is this a known issue and under investigation? Finally, is there any expected date for this to be fixed?

Thank you!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike , you had stated that diversity would no longer be per BG, but would be taken for the alliance as a whole during AW when you announced that attacker kill points were being reduced. We just lost our war due to the fact that we set up our diversity across the entire alliance, not per BG, which was supposed to be the "broken" method of scoring.

Why is it still acting in the broken fashion where it is doing diversity per BG? Is this a known issue and under investigation? Finally, is there any expected date for this to be fixed?

Thank you!

He's mentioned that they are working on a fix, and he will let us know when it's pushed. I thought it may be after Maintenance, but I guess it will be after.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    7vjd5h55fads.png
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    So they add a dumb metric and don't even add it right. I can not tell you how shocked I am that this happened. Everything else they add works perfectly from the jump.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I wonder if they farm out programming this game to the local JR. High computer science class? If not, maybe they should.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Based on how greedy Kabam is they are most likely outsourcing all the work on the game to India. This really resonates with me working as a Sr Software Engineer for a greedy corporation. The outsourced teams work on a different timezone and can't seem to do anything right. They take shortcuts and do not test. They try to just change things without knowing what the side effects are. I am constantly rejecting their code reviews due to the lack of thought put into them regarding edge cases and testing. My company spends more on the Sr Developers in America babysitting these guys than they would if they just hired a few extra of us to do the work. Worst of all is the response time because every comment I make about how their code sucks it takes a day for them to respond.

Anyways, I appreciate the info guys. Thanks for filling in for Mike.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    edited September 2017
    I wonder if they farm out programming this game to the local JR. High computer science class? If not, maybe they should.

What's actually funny about this is that some of the best work at my employer was done by interns from our local university's computer science department. Judging by Kabam's standard, High School or Jr High would be a step up.

If they want to give me a slight raise to 140k a year, I will happily come in and figure out their entire front end and back end code and lead the teams so that all these issues get addressed. What do they have to lose? That's like 1/100th the money they made from the recent 5* offer alone probably lol.

Tell you what Kabam, I will fix this one for free for you if you want to send me a BAA to work with you guys.
  • 0pTimus0pTimus Posts: 113
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    Based on how greedy Kabam is they are most likely outsourcing all the work on the game to India. This really resonates with me working as a Sr Software Engineer for a greedy corporation. The outsourced teams work on a different timezone and can't seem to do anything right. They take shortcuts and do not test. They try to just change things without knowing what the side effects are. I am constantly rejecting their code reviews due to the lack of thought put into them regarding edge cases and testing. My company spends more on the Sr Developers in America babysitting these guys than they would if they just hired a few extra of us to do the work. Worst of all is the response time because every comment I make about how their code sucks it takes a day for them to respond.

Anyways, I appreciate the info guys. Thanks for filling in for Mike.

I dont think so, i am from india and we dont have this level of incompetency.