**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My problem with the Magneto Buff

RazorDevilRazorDevil Posts: 956 ★★★
The new kit is awesome and it’ll do justice to a legendary marvel character, but there’s one thing that I find to be too overpowered.

No, I’m not talking about offensive abilities, I’m talking about the 3000 damage cap included in his sig ability. It says he cannot recaive more than 3000 damage from "any source other than sp3". That’s broken, that’s literally the most powerful defensive ability we’ve seen in the game. It’s like he’s got an in-built rage node, minus the furies and unstoppable, you get my point. Pretty much any champion will have a horrible time against this guy, except maybe Ebony Maw, cause he’s a champion that does not deal damage.

My simple solution would be to add a cooldown to this broken ability, say 10-12 seconds. Another solution is to make it percent-based. I wouldn’t mind that either.

Anyway, this is what I wanted to bring to your attention @Kabam Miike . As for the community, does anybody think the same when they saw this ability? Let me know.

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

So you're saying the unbuffed magneto is good for defence right? Cause he has that exact ability on his signature in the game

No, his current ability is percent based. So if you are facing a 300,000 health Magneto at max sig you can still do up to 38,010 damage per hit. Or a 100,000 health Magneto you can do 12,670 dmg per hit. The new version of Magneto is not percent based, it's literally 3,000 per hit.

This only becomes an issue if Magneto pops up in places where he's going to have over 300,000 health or so (Act 6 and above). It does make him significantly harder in LoL. If he was in Abyss with 2.65M health it would take 883 hits. However, the OP is leaving out that you can use other methods to reduce his health, such as DOT or champs that will bypass it through AAR. I do think they should move it back to percent based like he has with his current sig ability. He will already be a much better defender with the changes they are making to his non-sig abilities.
    While it is % based, it is also seemed to be based off base health in the videos by lt1 (masteries did not seem to affect it), so a + health node may not apply to it, we have to see.
  • Options
    AtomixX33AtomixX33 Posts: 63
    Kabam when making a fight besides in aw can change the sig ability to either make it more powerful or weaker an example is thanos in act 3 has more damage resistance then the one players can have

• Options
    AtomixX33AtomixX33 Posts: 63
    But it would be much if it was % based
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Hmm if only there's were effects in game that champs could place that get around safeguard abilities and maybe do something like damage but over time

I was thinking the same, obviously you need to take him down through DOT - however I can’t help but think the sig is a touch OP (on paper), I’m not looking forward to fighting a beefed up magneto.
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★

Hmm if only there's were effects in game that champs could place that get around safeguard abilities and maybe do something like damage but over time

I pointed that out above. But by basically forcing you to use DOT champs that are non-metal, you're severely limiting the amount of counters available. Combine that with current meta of node combinations that already restrict your options to a handful of counters and you're severely limiting the amount of champs you can use. I don't think it's a gamebreaking change, but they'll have to be very careful with the nodes they put him on in the future. Simply making it a percent of health cap instead of a flat number fixes that issue.
  • Options
    E_Rich423E_Rich423 Posts: 121 ★★
    I think this would be a neccessary change. Just stick to percentage based. That doesn't hurt the champ offensively and it does make it more practical to fight against. Just keep it 10% at max sig please.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    E_Rich423 said:

I think this would be a neccessary change. Just stick to percentage based. That doesn't hurt the champ offensively and it does make it more practical to fight against. Just keep it 10% at max sig please.

Just needs to be of modified health
  • Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Bro, it’s his og sig ability for like whole 5 years since the game release. Why u are talking about this now???
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

SknZn said:

*cough* In beta *cough* *cough*

*cough* we can still point out potential issues *cough* *cough*
    Can we?
    I mean, wasn't it some leak they didn't want? Won't kabam close or delete this thread?
  • Options
    DenRodDenRod Posts: 43

Looks like someone didn't read Magneto's buff and doesn't know he'll have 90% resistance to the most prevalent DOT (bleed) and also to shock debuffs. How many remaining champs able to defeat him in a fair window of time would you consider a healthy amount? There are very few left. As an advice, some research in the future may be needed before writing stuff just for the sake of it.

This is a very important part of his new kit and definitely needs to be looked at. Has the potential to be very problematic.
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    I SAY WE KEEP MAGNETO THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (plus quake and ghost are still more broken)
  • Options
    DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★

Here, I’ll put this here and I’ll let you decide if it’s the same thing.

So you're saying the unbuffed magneto is good for defence right? Cause he has that exact ability on his signature in the game

It Might not be as Bad as it looks Abyss Cap Marvel Movie damage receiving Interactions were changed up according to her health
  • Options
    The Number are in Green after all and I do agree with your initial point but only with the circumstance that it should be Changed according to Health Pull - Actually it is...
  • Options
    3* Buffed Magneto's Damage cap is different to that of the 5* Version so in theory it should be turned according to Health Pull
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    it would b op if u fight him with no counters, whick is where we r moving, beta magneto is great but against tech n non tech he'll b good, so fighting him with torch he'll still melt quickly, just like u cant use any champs against torch u cant just use any champ against magneto, so champs like torch,rhulk,archangel, blade,venom,Vtd,domino,mojo, longshot,symbiote n sorcerer supreme, mysterio, void etc may still be able fight him just normally. % base would surely be better but i see they deliberately wanted to make him siffixult on defense so they went with Hp numbers instead of %.
  • Options
    Tuned
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

I was thinking the same, obviously you need to take him down through DOT - however I can’t help but think the sig is a touch OP (on paper), I’m not looking forward to fighting a beefed up magneto.
    'plenty of choices to take him down and very common ones... voodoo will poison him to death, also HT with his incinerates, let alone Longshot with his sp2 incinerates, etc.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    From a single source. Think of the ways we've dealt with Safeguard.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    i'm also very intrigued to know who will have no advantage over the other. Magneto has the #villain tag and we know Blade with ghost rider synergy will murder all villains. and now buffed up magneto will have a huge fury buff when launching sp3 versus #hero champions. very cool.