**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why do people think that Ice Man is "god tier"??

Comments

• UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Raa wrote: »
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    He has decent damage, direct damage, tank more L3 than Magneto and he has triple immunity

No, he can only take a L3 when his ice armor is active. If you want to tell it be 100 about.

Why would you lose your ice armor.. only option is getting hit or getting stunned which shouldn't be happening.. l3 should be the only thing that breaks it

Or using his sp2
    Well yeah, but sometimes you don't need to use his sp2. Sometimes it won't crit and it isn't completely worth it. I'd stick to sp1 and sp3 for cold snap and his l1 can stack even more frostbites. But his l2 is sick, if it crits it's extremely powerful.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    He has decent damage, direct damage, tank more L3 than Magneto and he has triple immunity

No, he can only take a L3 when his ice armor is active. If you want to tell it be 100 about.

If you want to be absolutely fair, Magneto's refraction scales with signature level, and even at sig 99 he tops out at about 14%. That means Magneto takes about three times the damage that Iceman takes when eating a large attack like a special 3. Iceman can only take an L3 when Ice Armor is active, but Iceman starts the fight with Ice Armor active and it reforms in 12 seconds awakened. Not many opponents can shoot you with two SP3 attacks in 12 seconds so in most fights Iceman will in fact be able to take more SP3 attacks than Magneto either in one fight or across many fights in a path.
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    I'm very curious, why do people consider him god tier? The hype needs to die.
    Triple immunities: Doesnt matter if you don't get hit, with the exception of Abominations passive poison
    Coldsnap can stop evade: SO can Archangel, and other defensive ability accuracy reduction champs
    He can tank and L3: So can the Magnetos, does that make them god tier??

I don't think you have much experience in this game.

LMFAO!
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    He's not god tier. He's demi-god tier.
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 158
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Triple immunity is another bonus (stops invenerate on LOL agent venom or it should anyway.

He doesn't stop incinerate or anything about agent venom in LoL as I used him on AV in for a little bit. Catches on fire like he was supposed to melt right in front on my eyes.

Ice man, really good champ would love to have him rank four. I personally consider him an All-star more than Superstar or god-tier champ. Can you beat LOL with him as your main champ....nope. But sure would be necessary for one or two paths as utility guy. Handles a few War bosses too.

Definitely, a champ I rather have over 90% of all the others. I just would think god-tier is for SL, Spidey, GP. But Maybe I'm just being too hard on Alex....Um...I meant Ice. Lol
  • HawkeHawke Posts: 46
    Triple immunities: Doesnt matter if you don't get hit, with the exception of Abominations passive poison
    Coldsnap can stop evade: SO can Archangel, and other defensive ability accuracy reduction champs

Sounds like someone's a little frosty they don't have an icicle to play with :lol:
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    I don't know, maybe people like him because he's good or something weird like that. People don't make sense.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @313rd I know he doesn't stop it. Alliance members of mine have tried it. According to Kabam on a post from a guy in my alliance Iceman should be immune to LOL Av incinerate. Kabam said they will work on a fix. That will probably never happen
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    This is totally off-topic but I think I am in love. I may be crazy but I like a woman that uses 4 letter words.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/134209#Comment_134209
    R4GE wrote: »
    R4GE wrote: »
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Go luck trying to reduce the cutoffs. I support you.

hahahahahaha! I didn't even consider that. Kudos to the OP. We get your strategy now lol

We can only hope that is his strategy.

LOL, its the only thing that makes sense of this thread

Still 5 million cutoff don't you think?
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I think Iceman is really good (although these "tiers" are always really arbitrary and partly made up).

However, the triple immunity is more of a gimmick. Having incinerate immunity is pointless. Only one champion in the whole game (Phoenix) can stack it and only with a certain number of passive charges.

His damage also isn't busted, it's just okay.

Having said that, he does have an amazing amount of utility between being partly sp3/stun immune, anti evasion, and bleed/poison immunity. It's just rare to have all those things on one champion. It also allows him to run suicides while still benefiting from Willpower and not taking damage.

For example, Agent Venom kind of does all those things, but just not with as much accuracy (sometimes he won't shrug everything off, and his anti evasion is not a 100%).
  • VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    edited September 2017

Since not gettinh hit is your answer to bleed and posin, what's your answer to nodes/buffs that give off either one? You don't need to be hit on those.
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    I think Iceman is really good (although these "tiers" are always really arbitrary and partly made up).

However, the triple immunity is more of a gimmick. Having incinerate immunity is pointless. Only one champion in the whole game (Phoenix) can stack it and only with a certain number of passive charges.

His damage also isn't busted, it's just okay.

Having said that, he does have an amazing amount of utility between being partly sp3/stun immune, anti evasion, and bleed/poison immunity. It's just rare to have all those things on one champion. It also allows him to run suicides while still benefiting from Willpower and not taking damage.

For example, Agent Venom kind of does all those things, but just not with as much accuracy (sometimes he won't shrug everything off, and his anti evasion is not a 100%).

Thing is iceman is better than him.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Raa wrote: »
    Name one champ that bypasses evade from the start of the fight til the end. Add that to his triple immunities, the fact that frostbites aren't considered debuffs and his ability to take an l3 like it was a basic hit and tell me why he is overhyped.

Magneto can tank multiple l3's from Hyperion, unlike Iceman which requires the ice armor. Triple immunity does NOT matter unless you get hit or run suicides, Evade doesn't matter unless they are stun immune, Crossbones can stop evade right from the beginning with furies

@NormanBJJ yeah but besides magnito's other vulnerabilities, he throws pillows at his opponent. He is one of the worst offensive champs in the game. His ability to not die doesn't make him comparable.
  • They really should just introduce Mimic, who would have all the abilities of Iceman, archangel, beast, Cyclops and Phoenix and then this thread could die.

Also, it would be kind of hilarious having a super OP champ.
    You guys say magneto does the whole safegaurd affect thing better.... iceman is still a better attacker than him and has more uses than magneto. Mags is not terrible, but his damage output compared to ice man is bad.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I would agree that he is not "God Tier", but only on the basis that the God Tier no longer exists. No Champ has the extension they used to in the current meta. Iceman is fairly versatile with his Armor, Immunities, and Damage. Damage that is fairly unavoidable and can mount fairly high. All-in-all, he's a useful Champ.
    Tier videos wouldn't be such a joke if people like seatin didn't make them lol.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @SlyCat42 more than one champion can stack it. Hyperion can stack a lot of them very quickly with his L1. Vulture might be able to stack some as well. I’ve never played worth him so not sure. Av could if you can get to L2s very quickly.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    He's the only champ in the game where you're never going to say "oh i shouldn't take iceman for this fight, it's a bad matchup". Magic is basically the only champ he isn't really good against. He can take every single path in every map of AQ or AW (new or old AW), which is nice and doesn't trigger MD.
    danielmath wrote: »
    He's the only champ in the game where you're never going to say "oh i shouldn't take iceman for this fight, it's a bad matchup". Magic is basically the only champ he isn't really good against. He can take every single path in every map of AQ or AW (new or old AW), which is nice and doesn't trigger MD.

THIS! only thing he'd activate md with tho is his armor if he loses it, but that's only 1 buff that activates every 15 seconds if u lose it. He works for everything. Such an amazing champ, he works great for all the new act 5 stuff, (5.2 and 5.3, we all know 5.1 was a cake walk lol).
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Thank you Binkie, Mags is ****. Those other champs that can take an L3 take way more than 5% damage from it. ANd yes, triple immunity does matter if you don;t get hit; I take the bleed or poison path in AQ and there are bleed and poison nodes in AW. C'mon OP!!!
    Maybe evade reduction isn't the best, but it's awesome and better than most. Damage above average. His overall kit is matched by few even if any one ability isn't off the wall amazing. Not the best Magik AW boss killer, but I get half down before limboing to death on an r4/55.
    But I digress, I'm biased because I wreck AQ and AW and act 5 with him and destroy stun immune and NC and spideys and hypes with him. This thread is so hilarious.
    BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    Thank you Binkie, Mags is ****. Those other champs that can take an L3 take way more than 5% damage from it. ANd yes, triple immunity does matter if you don;t get hit; I take the bleed or poison path in AQ and there are bleed and poison nodes in AW. C'mon OP!!!
    Maybe evade reduction isn't the best, but it's awesome and better than most. Damage above average. His overall kit is matched by few even if any one ability isn't off the wall amazing. Not the best Magik AW boss killer, but I get half down before limboing to death on an r4/55.
    But I digress, I'm biased because I wreck AQ and AW and act 5 with him and destroy stun immune and NC and spideys and hypes with him. This thread is so hilarious.

Ya when people are talking about being bleed/poison immune it's not referring to getting hit by wolverine and bleeding, it's about those paths in aq/aw.
  • NormanBJJ wrote: »
    Triple immunity is good when you get hit, or good for suicides. If you play perfectly you shouldn't get hit

U don't need to get hit to get poisoned. Passive poison like Abomination is one example.

Same goes for Archangel's ability to inflict poison while blocking. Unless your version of playing perfectly means not attacking into a blocking opponent at all. In that case, you are god tier, whether the champ is god tier ot not doesn't matter.
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    He's not god tier. He's demi-god tier.

Calling something "god tier" just initiates arguments over what god tier means. But I believe Iceman is a top tier champion. He occupies that space where you can argue who is in that tier, but there's nobody higher than that tier.

Voodoo is in there, Archangel is, Gwenpool I think is. Hyperion is in there. Stark Spidey is probably in there. Iceman is legitimately in there for me.

For me, arguing tiers is a bit abstract, especially because different champs are useful for different things. I think the practical question is: if you pulled that champion as a 5* would you immediately upgrade to 4/55 or would you save the t2a for a better draw in the future? That's a real question that has real world significance, because that could really happen to a real player. The champions I mention above fall into that category of generally being worth upgrading to 4/55 rather than waiting for something better farther into the future.

I should say fell into that category because I did pull Iceman as the featured and I did upgrade him to 4/55. So at the moment, I only have enough t2a to rank up one more 5*. So my decision making process is different now.
  • KappaluzzoKappaluzzo Posts: 42

Already finds it funny from the very first post, even more funnier as I read through the thread.

You already list all the great abilities in Iceman; ALL of them in ONE champ. Others may have similar or better ability; Gwen (damage), Mag (L3 reduction), etc but rarely they have more than one compare to Iceman. If I want to bring them to AQ AW, I will definitely bring ONE that can do it ALL.

On the matter of if you are so good at not being hit, hence you don't need immunities... If you can hit a 1000 hit combo, I'm sure u can use a 2* Groot to fight the Collector.
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    I'd love to have Ice Man for Attack and to use in AQ with suicides.
    edited September 2017
    Kappaluzzo wrote: »

Already finds it funny from the very first post, even more funnier as I read through the thread.

You already list all the great abilities in Iceman; ALL of them in ONE champ. Others may have similar or better ability; Gwen (damage), Mag (L3 reduction), etc but rarely they have more than one compare to Iceman. If I want to bring them to AQ AW, I will definitely bring ONE that can do it ALL.

On the matter of if you are so good at not being hit, hence you don't need immunities... If you can hit a 1000 hit combo, I'm sure u can use a 2* Groot to fight the Collector.

You don't even have to read the nodes in AQ or AW with him because it doesn't matter, he counters everything. AA becomes useless against any immunity champ/node. Mags is useless always.

Also i said this already but immunity is to counter NODES, not enemies.
  • wappykidwappykid Posts: 91
    Greywarden wrote: »
    Triple immunity - check
    Unavoidable damage that nobody is immune to - check
    Ability to place Frostbites that aren't considered debuffs and do nice dmg (1k+ per stack at 5/50) - check
    Ability to completely nullify evade - check
    Decent damage - check
    Ability to tank sp3's - check

Archangel is obviously a boss but as soon as your enemy is bleed or poison immune he loses that title....whereas Iceman doesn't

Comparing him to Magneto is also not viable. Yes, Magneto can tank sp3 the whole fight but so can Iceman as long as the enemy isn't getting sp3 every 11 seconds. Other than that one Magneto feature how can you really even compare the two, you've got to at least admit Iceman is better than Magneto...

now who can do all these amazing things apart from iceman
    it is true that other champs have his ablilties but not together archangel is good but not good on tripple immunity
    even if u get parried by mistake he can remove it