**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Evade when holding Block should be removed

GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
edited August 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Why? Just why, this problematic mechanics haven’t changed yet after so many years?
Evade is supposed to be a positive ability on a champions kit, not a disadvantage.
As it is now, evade champs (mostly spider verse) can’t reliably parry and have a chance to evade and being comboed into their block. That in endgame content, where attack ratings are very high, means a lot of block damage, making these champs more less of an option.
Kabam acknowledges the problem, since they have even introduced a synergy, to avoid this “buggy” behavior occur.
But why, already bad champions like Miles Morales, should need a synergy to even parry reliable?😡
Why Kabam just don’t disable evade while holding block?
Who else agrees this would be a great change for the game, especially for evade champs?

Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Agree, regarding being evaded out of being able to do a Parry.

Not necessarily when holding “any” block, but at least the PARRY should be calculated first, and if the Parry were to succeed then it should be allowed to successfully do the Parry.

Only if your block is not a parry should the Evade probability then be processed.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    The only interaction I see it being useful on is defense when you try and push an opponent back by hitting into their block. It does make characters who evade extremely painful to use on offense.

Only if your block is not a parry should the Evade probability then be processed.

I like this idea. It still makes the interaction useful on defense still (which I’m sure is what Kabam wants) and makes it less painful to use these characters on offense.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    I agree this definitely needs to be addressed.

Does this happen with domino too?
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

I agree this definitely needs to be addressed.

Does this happen with domino too?

Yes, while she is “lucky” the evade can kick in and mess up your blocks 🙁
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 347 ★★★
    Agreed , totally needs to happen.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    spider gwen and stealth are the 2 i know who can parry and block without evade but agree its annoying when ur using domino and going for parry and evades or back when og spidey was cool and u try to parry but he evades such a frustrating time and nice that kabam implemented a holding block no parry ability to spider gwen and stealth as i enjoy them both but spider gwen more as more block profiency and health to work with
    Sneakyko said:

If it’s Defense they are worried about is it possible to make it so on offence this is active so it would still act the same on Defense

It’s pretty sure Kabam can only ban evade while block, only when attacking with an evade champ.
    The evaders will still be able to evade while blocking on defense.
    There’s no need to change that.
    But there is absolutely the need to change the blocking/evade interaction at last 🙏

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Aayush19 said:

You'll have to take your words back when you get a stark spidey😂.

Evade while blocking with him is annoying as hell, I’d rather have to risk dexing on specials than have him evade when I try to parry something
  • AirWrekAirWrek Posts: 5
    All spider sense evades should happen when you aren't or can't block. If you are already blocking the only time your champion should auto evade is if the attack is unblockable.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    YES.

I've been playing Domino a ton lately and it's SO frustrating when I get my parry timing perfectly and then she evades and I got comboed into oblivion.

Just remove the evade while blocking mechanic. It's so stupid.

YES.

I've been playing Domino a ton lately and it's SO frustrating when I get my parry timing perfectly and then she evades and I got comboed into oblivion.

Just remove the evade while blocking mechanic. It's so stupid.

Literally that’s the only thing I hate about Domino.
    If you play against 10k+ attack rating opponents, when your lucky you need to be very careful on blocking, cause she may evade and as a result take a big % of your health on block damage.
    This take points many points out of her when it comes to endgame usefulness.
    This really useless block/evade interaction needs to be removed. It’s been so long 😠
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    this is stupid. Went for a parry with Starky, he evaded, then I got comboed and died
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

There is one synergy on Spealthy (lol im gonna call him spealthy forever)

Makes two spiderverse a bit usable.

So frustrating to get an evade on stark and domino. The only reason I don't prefer to use them.

pretty silly that it's on a synergy imo. shouldve been added to their kit

There is one synergy on Spealthy (lol im gonna call him spealthy forever)

Makes two spiderverse a bit usable.

So frustrating to get an evade on stark and domino. The only reason I don't prefer to use them.

Isn’t it funny that there is even a whole synergy to prevent this interaction?
    Symbiote Spidey and Miles Morales are bad champs and on top of that they need a synergy to even parry reliable. I personally find it pathetic as design.
    No champ should evade while holding block.
    It’s a big problem for evade champs and makes someone wonder why the don’t fix it 🤔
  • DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171
    Except for elsa. Elsa's evade during timely block is perfect since she counter with an attack. I hope kabam wont mess up elsa's evade if they decided to fix this.
    DariusYi said:

Except for elsa. Elsa's evade during timely block is perfect since she counter with an attack. I hope kabam wont mess up elsa's evade if they decided to fix this.

Elsa’s evade mechanism it’s more likely to be separately coded and it’s rather won’t be affected anyway. But even if it does, they can exclude her from that.
    The fact is that the this issue needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
    @Kabam Miike
    I rarely tag the mods but this is an important game issue, please take the time to look into it 🙏
  • Cage33Cage33 Posts: 45
    edited November 2020
    Bump. I was pumped to pull starky, and I absolutely love playing him. But this is a deal breaker when it comes to taking the champ to r5. My intercepts aren't good yet, and I rely on parry. I evaded in aq today, and it nearly screwed over the other 9 folks in my battle group. This feature is already in stealthy's kit, so it shouldn't be hard to put with the rest of the spideys.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Just do it Kabam. No champ needs to evade while parrying.