**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Move over deadpool and sentry. Air walker is the new low

I cannot understand why kabam would create such a bad character like air walker. Makes deadpool look decent.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    he’s a defense nightmare for someone like me
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    I don't understand why players believe that the characters in-game should reflect the extent of power their comic book counterparts have. Air Walker has Power Gain, Armor Break, and some more abilities. He's fine. He's not good, but he's fine.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Mokkie said:

Because he is a defender. A character created to be annoying in defense

Which node and why? He isn’t stubborn. He is be bled and poisoned and every other debuff. He isn’t stun immune. He can’t evade or auto block.
    He doesn't need to be the best defender.
    He can be annoying, but not that hard of a fight.
    When I said he was a deffensive champion, I didn't meant just on AW defense. On quests with the right nodes and 500k HP, he will be something else
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    It is a known fact that the characters we have in the game are not the same as the obes on the movies or comics
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

Because he is a defender. A character created to be annoying in defense

He definitely will not be an amazing or even great defender in plat4 and up. If I had to guess, he might get placed for “diversity garbage” but nothing more. He will pose a challenge to low tier aw.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Mokkie said:

I cannot understand why kabam would create such a bad character like air walker. Makes deadpool look decent.

Ok he's not that bad
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★

I don't understand why players believe that the characters in-game should reflect the extent of power their comic book counterparts have. Air Walker has Power Gain, Armor Break, and some more abilities. He's fine. He's not good, but he's fine.

"He's fine. He's not good" sums it up. He doesn't need to be OP but if a champ can't be considered "good" they aren't worth adding to the pool. There will be champs who are useful less often but every champ added at this point should serve a purpose in the meta. Even if it's somewhat niche. Take Man-Thing ( who I like): he isn't top tier damage or utility but he has matches where he is useful especially if you have a limited roster. I don't see the scenario where Air Walker is even the 3rd best choice to fill a specific role. I agree with others he seems like a defender but his lack of immunity and very available counters make him as undesirable on defense as he is on offense. He's not garbage but he's not "good" in my opinion.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★

If they are super overpowered and unbeatable in comics, personally I would rather see them as a final boss or not in the game at all. For example, Dormammu, Silver Surfer, Terrax, Magneto(Finally getting justice), and a few more, are just too broken to really be in the game, they should be the most broken champs ever. Especially silver surfer. That’s why I really don’t want to have Galactus as a playable champ.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    the reason why kabam create great good average and bad champion is because they can't have all great champions. theres gotta be a balance in the battlerealm. So with that being said i can careless about air walker, never never of that guy before before this game. what i am really dissaponted is how they create silver surfer. they made us wait for 12 months, and then come out with trashy silver surfer. i hope cosmic ghost rider is nothing like silver surfer and air walker.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Aayush19 said:

If he looks fine to you, im not saying anything about that. But about the first half of your comment, "because why not?"
    I can already see the forum post:

HOW CAN WE BEAT THANOS WAR BOSS IF STORMBREAKER THOR ISN’T RELEASED? NEED COMPENSATION!
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    Midnite93 said:

I will say he's ok but definitely better than terrax

People don't know about Terrax. I assume in a few weeks we'll hear about Air-Walker's dps being about the same as Silver Surfer's which is about the same as many other champs that people really like. Air-Walker could use an immunity, though.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

Can deadpool reach this damage ?