**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Move over deadpool and sentry. Air walker is the new low

Comments

• slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited August 2020

slacker said:

Can deadpool reach this damage ?

thats 30k. From a full boosted R3 6*. Not exactly impressive
    33k from medium hit, but you got a point, he still outdamage SS and Terrax tho...and haven't seen any sp2 use in that fight which could get up to 90% addition damage
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Air Walker is the new Morningstar. Great, if you get him ramped-up, which is awful in long fights.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★
    slacker said:

slacker said:

thats 30k. From a full boosted R3 6*. Not exactly impressive
    33k from medium hit, but you got a point, he still outdamage SS and Terrax tho...
    Don't know about all that.
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★
    His dark tide is annoying and he is a good defender imo
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Shafeeq said:

His dark tide is annoying and he is a good defender imo

doom destroys him. Almost anyone in higher tiers will have at least a 5/65 doom
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

I don't understand why players believe that the characters in-game should reflect the extent of power their comic book counterparts have. Air Walker has Power Gain, Armor Break, and some more abilities. He's fine. He's not good, but he's fine.

"He's fine. He's not good" sums it up. He doesn't need to be OP but if a champ can't be considered "good" they aren't worth adding to the pool. There will be champs who are useful less often but every champ added at this point should serve a purpose in the meta. Even if it's somewhat niche. Take Man-Thing ( who I like): he isn't top tier damage or utility but he has matches where he is useful especially if you have a limited roster. I don't see the scenario where Air Walker is even the 3rd best choice to fill a specific role. I agree with others he seems like a defender but his lack of immunity and very available counters make him as undesirable on defense as he is on offense. He's not garbage but he's not "good" in my opinion.
    He has a reliable Armor Break. He has a nice Power Gain. No one is immune to his Dark Tide debuff aside from Taskmaster, which means that he has easy access to a DOT effect. Again, he's not good, but he's fine. Just like you said, if you have a limited roster, he can be useful.
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★
    Some people forget that the air walker is one of the heralds of Galactus so his sp3 Is going to grant him a lot of power and yes his sp1 is pretty much annoying if placed in sp1 unblockable node and is not as easy as Mr sinister's sp1...

My thought is that he is not a god-tier but some useful champ and stop insulting any champ cuz every champ deserve something and do not freaking call Deadpool x force and sentry low tier cuz one has an imp synergy and the other is the dark side of the void

I don't understand why players believe that the characters in-game should reflect the extent of power their comic book counterparts have. Air Walker has Power Gain, Armor Break, and some more abilities. He's fine. He's not good, but he's fine.

If they are super overpowered and unbeatable in comics, personally I would rather see them as a final boss or not in the game at all. For example, Dormammu, Silver Surfer, Terrax, Magneto(Finally getting justice), and a few more, are just too broken to really be in the game, they should be the most broken champs ever. Especially silver surfer. That’s why I really don’t want to have Galactus as a playable champ.
    I agree with you. These characters shouldn't be playable. But now that they are, why should they be broken? They really shouldn't be going off of comic-book "greatness". That just leads to imbalance.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Any new cosmic champ will need to be incredible to make noise in the game, just because if what we already have. CMM, Corvus, Hype....

I pulled AW as a 6 star. He is not trash, but not amazing either.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Midnite93 said:

Midnite93 said:

I will say he's ok but definitely better than terrax

I have some pebbles in my backyard, I’m pretty sure they are close relatives of terrax.
    Wait a second if those pebbles are relatives of Terrax...then does that means those pebbles are used and are floating when his rock field is active?
    No, the pebbles in my backyard probably do more damage.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    slacker said:

As a 6* rank 3 fully boosted yes

If they are super overpowered and unbeatable in comics, personally I would rather see them as a final boss or not in the game at all. For example, Dormammu, Silver Surfer, Terrax, Magneto(Finally getting justice), and a few more, are just too broken to really be in the game, they should be the most broken champs ever. Especially silver surfer. That’s why I really don’t want to have Galactus as a playable champ.
    I agree with you. These characters shouldn't be playable. But now that they are, why should they be broken? They really shouldn't be going off of comic-book "greatness". That just leads to imbalance.
    It’s very apparent that you don’t read tons of comics. I have personally read thousands of old comics. So when kabam releases a character based off of a specific comics book, I expect there to be some inspiration. Dormammu can pretty much not die, Silver Surfer is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, thus they shouldn’t be in the game. Sure, they are fun to have, but if they’re going to add them it should be an alternate version, not the original from the comic.

Vision Aarkus and Black Widow Clair Voyant are two very obscure heroes that many didn’t know about. I have personally read the comics with them in it, and Kabam did quite a good job mirroring their powers into game. This update went as far as using the vintage comic cover as the opening loading screen, so I would have hoped as much.

Another example of this is Hit-Monkey- I was honestly very surprised by the choice to add him, as I hadn’t read almost anything about him. I think Kabam did an amazing job portraying his powers in game. There are definitely more champions like this, but you get the points.

It would also be disappointing for me if Kabam was to add some of the incredibly powerful Omega-Level Mutants like Hope Summers, Frank Richards, and Legion. These should all be game breaking champions if they were to enter the game. Plus Sentinel, who is a good champion, should be insane. No mutant could stop the sentinels except for a select few. Not to mention someone of the skill or science variety. They would most likely get pulverized.

Finally, we have the Kabam created champions. These are personally my favorite. Whenever they come out with a new champion that they created they release 1-2 comics that go with them as they did with Guilly 2099 and Aegon. I find this super fun because not only do we get a new champion, but we also get to read their backstory. Plus, if Kabam keeps the streak they have, they champion will most likely be good. Think about it, Kabam hasn’t released a champion they created that was considered bad.(And no, if you were wondering, punisher 2099 was not made by kabam.)
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

Are you guys basing your opinions on Seatin's gameplay of Airwalker? Because, honestly, Seatin is pretty ass at playing him well/effectively.

I'm not saying Airwalker is amazing (and I even agree the first fight is a bit painful), but he's a damn sight better than what Seatin displays.

It painful to watch that he didn't use sp while charging heavy which mess his damage potencial a lot, lagacy gameplay did Airwalker more justice
    Also is the same case with Storm X which put her in unimpression view
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    slacker said:

Are you guys basing your opinions on Seatin's gameplay of Airwalker? Because, honestly, Seatin is pretty ass at playing him well/effectively.

I'm not saying Airwalker is amazing (and I even agree the first fight is a bit painful), but he's a damn sight better than what Seatin displays.

It painful to watch that he didn't use sp while charging heavy which mess his damage potencial a lot, lagacy gameplay did Airwalker more justice
    Also is the same case with Storm X which put her in unimpression view
    Yeah, I just don't understand why seatin can't/ won't/ is unable to watch a few videos of people unlocking the full potential of the champion in question before making his own video, like he does a very good job on some champs and then he makes some videos which give pro players cringe induced vomiting fits.
    For instance, watch his 'Revisiting Dormammu' video, anybody who has experience with Dormammu will immediately point out the mistakes and there are quite a few in that video

These things don't matter if a noob like me plays like that but seatin is the biggest mcoc youtuber and has a lot of influence on the community, so people watching videos of him using the champ inaccurately get the wrong idea, and then that opinion will spread through to the entire community.

It’s very apparent that you don’t read tons of comics. I have personally read thousands of old comics. So when kabam releases a character based off of a specific comics book, I expect there to be some inspiration. Dormammu can pretty much not die, Silver Surfer is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, thus they shouldn’t be in the game. Sure, they are fun to have, but if they’re going to add them it should be an alternate version, not the original from the comic.

Vision Aarkus and Black Widow Clair Voyant are two very obscure heroes that many didn’t know about. I have personally read the comics with them in it, and Kabam did quite a good job mirroring their powers into game. This update went as far as using the vintage comic cover as the opening loading screen, so I would have hoped as much.

Another example of this is Hit-Monkey- I was honestly very surprised by the choice to add him, as I hadn’t read almost anything about him. I think Kabam did an amazing job portraying his powers in game. There are definitely more champions like this, but you get the points.

It would also be disappointing for me if Kabam was to add some of the incredibly powerful Omega-Level Mutants like Hope Summers, Frank Richards, and Legion. These should all be game breaking champions if they were to enter the game. Plus Sentinel, who is a good champion, should be insane. No mutant could stop the sentinels except for a select few. Not to mention someone of the skill or science variety. They would most likely get pulverized.

Finally, we have the Kabam created champions. These are personally my favorite. Whenever they come out with a new champion that they created they release 1-2 comics that go with them as they did with Guilly 2099 and Aegon. I find this super fun because not only do we get a new champion, but we also get to read their backstory. Plus, if Kabam keeps the streak they have, they champion will most likely be good. Think about it, Kabam hasn’t released a champion they created that was considered bad.(And no, if you were wondering, punisher 2099 was not made by kabam.)
    The problem arises when you have these Cosmic and Mutant powerhouses, where they're literally able to bend and warp reality against Skill champions, who are just humans who possess enhanced agility, endurance, strength, etc. If Kabam were to create characters based on the comics, well, the Skill class would logically be the worst class with no champions that would be able to even be in the same tier as the top Cosmic and Mutant champions. Would you rather have that imbalance?

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Because he is a defender. A character created to be annoying in defense

He's useless if you have an Armor Break immune like doom, who is very often used in war.
    Who would've thought Mystics were better against Cosmics?
    Whoever disagreed with this comment, I would love to hear why you think otherwise. Thank you. 💖🧚‍♂️✨
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★

Actually I have gotten Terrax on my alt account, and im not sure why he gets so much hate. Hes really not that bad, do a few fights and get a few charges and then when you go and use a sp2 and go into rock field its awesome, multiple indestructible charges and he hits alot harder while also doing damage with his rock field. I dont know I just always try to look at the positives of each character. Not every new character released into the game needs to be the new baddest strongest champion in the game

I wish Kabam hadn't nerfed Terrax after his spotlight came out. Hitting for a 15k heavy on the first hit of the fight after a couple thou of passive damage is still pretty good. If he had that original heavy attack boost though...
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Grumpy said:

slacker said:

Obviously the whale has him
    Thats the Beta. Everyone there has him
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

The problem arises when you have these Cosmic and Mutant powerhouses, where they're literally able to bend and warp reality against Skill champions, who are just humans who possess enhanced agility, endurance, strength, etc. If Kabam were to create characters based on the comics, well, the Skill class would logically be the worst class with no champions that would be able to even be in the same tier as the top Cosmic and Mutant champions. Would you rather have that imbalance?
    what about aegon?
    edited August 2020

what about aegon?
    Aegon has the ISO-belt, so it gives him some power. Most of the other Skills are just humans without any "superpower".

Point is, if you want the in-game champion tier to reflect that of the comic books, a lot of the Cosmic and Mutants would have to be stronger than most of the Skill class. Wouldn't that create some imbalance?
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    GMAX77 said:

I agree. Airwalker, isn't OP, but he is still better than a good chunk of the champs in the game. The problem with releasing champs like Dr.Doom, NIck Fury, and Guilly 2099 is that it's almost taken for granted that every new champ released has to fit in Setin's high-demi god tier or beyond, or they are considered "trash".

I agree with your point generally. People often compare all champs to those considered "beyond God tier." But in this case I think his long ramp up, lack of any considerable resistance or immunity, and lack of solid utility make him below what I expect from a 2020 champ.

Thus these insane champs shouldn’t be added. And blade and quite a few others have powers, or some sort of enhancements. Like nicks lmd