**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Storm is WAY Underrated

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips

Seatin currently has storm in the 2nd worse tier, but I think she may be the most underrated champ in the game. When awakened, her specials are way more powerful when the opponent has lots of power. I was testing her out; and an awakened 4/40 can do 17,000 damage on a SP2. When she’s unawakened, she’s terrible; but when awakened, I think she could be a Demi-god tier champ.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

Even if she’s not a viable option for act 5 or RoL or any later gameplay, she’s still a great and easy option for a beginner in act 3 and 4.

Any champ is viable for act 5 if they are not then there’s a reason they are rank so low
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    why use storm when you have namor!
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    Cowabunga said:

Her sp2 is 1 hit. And if it doesn't crit....

Cowabunga it is
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Midnite93 said:

She may even get a update for all you know 🤠

A buff is unlikely since we recently had Storm (Pyramid X). She's also in the limbo tier (Characters who aren't good enough but also not bad enough to be considered for a rework).
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Actually, it’ll be quite straightforward to buff her.

At the moment, her usage requirements to dish out high damage is counteracted by opponents going to an sp3.

So give her some utility eg Shock / Cold Snap / Incinerate immunity.

Then add 100% stun chance for sp2, then add a power drain effect for sp1 when opponents are at max power.

So her rotation can be along the lines of sp2 (defenders get stunned), then 2 combos, sp1 to drain.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

no utility

Sadly, utility comes at the price of a synergy and lower damage. But it’s still there.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

At the moment, her usage requirements to dish out high damage is counteracted by opponents going to an sp3.

Then add 100% stun chance for sp2, then add a power drain effect for sp1 when opponents are at max power.

So her rotation can be along the lines of sp2 (defenders get stunned), then 2 combos, sp1 to drain.

Exactly. Give her something else and let her fire her SP2 without an automatic SP3 in return if it doesn't kill them and we might have something. I just duped my 6* Storm so I support this lol
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I did Labyrinth easy path with her back in the day, she’s no meme.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Exactly. Give her something else and let her fire her SP2 without an automatic SP3 in return if it doesn't kill them and we might have something. I just duped my 6* Storm so I support this lol
    She was my second 5* R4 back in the day. Lol.