**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stuck on the unit grab man (5.2)

SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So I'm cavalier and have been working on Act 5 exploration. I've explored everything but the collector quest I still can't get through him without using revives and that annoys the hell out of me. So..I was wondering if there are any clear counters to him that I overlooked.
Help me out?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    doom, spidergwen, quake.
    Corvus with unitman is a popular option as well
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    CMM was a great counter if awakened has like a 10 sec indestructible and at 25 binary insane burst with her 5 furies and energy damage. When he started to regen I used gulk who was ok.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★

So I'm cavalier and have been working on Act 5 exploration. I've explored everything but the collector quest I still can't get through him without using revives and that annoys the hell out of me. So..I was wondering if there are any clear counters to him that I overlooked.
    Help me out?

I struggled the first time came back with r4 unduped cull obsidian and soled him every time.. I just waited until right before his to got down low enough to make him unlockable and used rout to kill him pretty easily
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Quake with black widow did it for me 🙃
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    I did it with Domino and Cap IW
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Any R4 5* with boosts. I did it with Blade and Venom. I think if I do it again I would bring Doom and BWCV.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    use aegon for every fight so he gets a lot of hits, then fight collector.

stark spidey and poeer control champs are also good i think.
  • Zenn_LaZenn_La Posts: 84
    edited August 2020
    Just 100% 5.2.6 myself after becoming Cavalier a few months ago. The content is ridiculously hard for the rewards and the level that players are supposed to be at to complete it so don’t feel bad bro.

Sure, people will brag and say how easy it is and that they got Elders bane with 3*s or 4*s but honestly that’s not gonna happen for most people skill and roster wise. I have a full team of r5 “God-tier” duped 5*s, 1 r2 6* Corvus and a bunch of great r4 5*s and I still find parts of Act 5 to be very challenging and still haven’t completed Elders bane.

The nodes leading up to the collector alone will easily kill an r4 5* and even an r5 5* or r2 6* champ if you make 1 mistake and get hit once or sometimes not hit at all on some of the tougher nodes, then the Collector isn’t really a fair fight and any champ will die getting hit once or twice. For me r2 6* Corvus absolutely owned the Collector and took him out pretty quickly so if you have him as a 5* he helps just with sheer heavy damage even though he doesn’t have power drain or evade. Truth is you either need to wait to have stronger/node counter champs ranked up or you’re gonna have to drop a few hundred units in revives to get through it, possibly both.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Zenn_La said:

Just 100% 5.2.6 myself after becoming Cavalier a few months ago. The content is ridiculously hard for the rewards and the level that players are supposed to be at to complete it so don’t feel bad bro.

Sure, people will brag and say how easy it is and that they got Elders bane with 3*s or 4*s but honestly that’s not gonna happen for most people skill and roster wise. I have a full team of r5 “God-tier” duped 5*s, 1 r2 6* Corvus and a bunch of great r4 5*s and I still find parts of Act 5 to be very challenging and still haven’t completed Elders bane.

The nodes leading up to the collector alone will easily kill an r4 5* and even an r5 5* or r2 6* champ if you make 1 mistake and get hit once or sometimes not hit at all on some of the tougher nodes, then the Collector isn’t really a fair fight and any champ will die getting hit once or twice. For me r2 6* Corvus absolutely owned the Collector and took him out pretty quickly so if you have him as a 5* he helps just with sheer heavy damage even though he doesn’t have power drain or evade. Truth is you either need to wait to have stronger/node counter champs ranked up or you’re gonna have to drop a few hundred units in revives to get through it, possibly both.

I guess I'll just have to drop a few hundred units in revives (or can grind them)
    Thank you so much y'all!!
    Moot4Life said:

use aegon for every fight so he gets a lot of hits, then fight collector.

stark spidey and poeer control champs are also good i think.

My 5 star Aegon is unawakened. That is why I'm kinda rushing into things, to get the generic gem from exploration.

You: *asks for team recommendations*

Also you: *doesn't show us your roster*

Yeah sorry 😅

• Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I did the exploration of 5.2.6 (5 runs) in a total of 5 single revives (40%,because that's all i had). Corvus is AMAZING if you can just bait out heavy attacks and get to an sp2 before running out of changes or having him throw specials
    I took him down to this point in one try (which meant it didn't cost me any revives in this particular path)

(also i assume you'd have atleast 3 r4 5* by now)
    Other good options are doom, LC awakened, NF worked for me when the decoy was alive going into the fight.

• Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Mayis said:

I did the exploration of 5.2.6 (5 runs) in a total of 5 single revives (40%,because that's all i had). Corvus is AMAZING if you can just bait out heavy attacks and get to an sp2 before running out of changes or having him throw specials
    I took him down to this point in one try (which meant it didn't cost me any revives in this particular path)

(also i assume you'd have atleast 3 r4 5* by now)
    Other good options are doom, LC awakened, NF worked for me when the decoy was alive going into the fight.

wheres corvus in this screenshot? Is he invisible?
    Dead lmao.. Perfect screenshot
    Grumpy said:

You: *asks for team recommendations*

Also you: *doesn't show us your roster*

Yeah sorry 😅

Your stuck On the collector with that roster ? Sorry but is it yours as you should breeze it
    I can't one shot him and just want to minimize the amount of units spent.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    Mayis said:

I did it with Domino and Cap IW

@ThatGuyYouSaw235 what rank they are? What tactic u use? I have both at R4 but still need 2 solo revives for Domino. I take first 75–80 % with domino and then take down unstoppable phase with cap
    Domino was R4 at 5*, Cap IW was at R5 as a 4*. I used Domino to leave large dents in the collector and let Cap IW in for a bit, but I kinda resorted back to Domino to deal as much damage as I could hoping Unstoppable wouldn't trigger to the AAR. I'd say you could use Cap IW for the rest. I don't remember much as I became uncollected in October of last year.