**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Show Up Difficulty Feedback [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,878 Guardian
    Lovejoy72 said:

Jestress said:

Best attempt so far got him down to 65% with colossus, no boost.

That’s actually very impressive!
    My best was getting him down to like 40% with ghost.
  • Remember the rewards / prizes for winning or getting in the top 4 of the summoner showdown are crazy!!
    6* Generic AG
    Choose any 6* champ
    iPhone 11

This is the big boi challenge, it's meant to find the best of the best. The average and even the highly skilled are expected to struggle.

You’re thinking of the showdown difficulty, the hard one. We’re talking about the EASIER ONE
    (Or at least it was supposed to be) show up. The one that was meant for everybody that wasn’t of age, cavalier, or in the region the qualifiers weren’t allowed in.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Remember the rewards / prizes for winning or getting in the top 4 of the summoner showdown are crazy!!
    6* Generic AG
    Choose any 6* champ
    iPhone 11

This is the big boi challenge, it's meant to find the best of the best. The average and even the highly skilled are expected to struggle.

You’re thinking of the showdown difficulty, the hard one. We’re talking about the EASIER ONE
    (Or at least it was supposed to be) show up. The one that was meant for everybody that wasn’t of age, cavalier, or in the region the qualifiers weren’t allowed in.
    they never said it would be easier...They listed the differences in the fight, and it was not the difficulty.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    I think this is a really good event and the difficulty is spot on.
    It is very doable, you just have to pick the right champ and practice.
    It literally costs nothing and doesn't have to be completed within an hour of it being released.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Bruhツ said:

Is this a bug? Plus the annoying nodes AND 1.4 million health AND we can only bring 4 star champions?! What is going on? For only 3k 5* shards?/

Exactly and why does he have 1.4 m health i thought the show up difficult was going to be easy
    they never said it would be easy, they only said it would be the same fight but you would be able to take in a full team and use boosts.
    but the rewards aren’t worth it
    the rewards are better than fighting LOL.
    ...what are you on?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Bruhツ said:

Is this a bug? Plus the annoying nodes AND 1.4 million health AND we can only bring 4 star champions?! What is going on? For only 3k 5* shards?/

Exactly and why does he have 1.4 m health i thought the show up difficult was going to be easy
    they never said it would be easy, they only said it would be the same fight but you would be able to take in a full team and use boosts.
    ...what are you on?
    I'm on my chair
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Lormif said:

WRIR said:

Honestly, people who say its "not supposed to be easy" and "not for you", suppose your boss told you this weekend you can do one little extra task for 5 dollars. So you thought, hey, 5 dollars, that mustn't be hard. Alright. I'll stay a bit later and do it. Turns out its literally your day **** job, but he's giving you 5 dollars because its optional and a challenge. Wouldn't you think, Wow. This guy. He really thought I'd actually put in a lot of work for 5 fricken dollars?

except they never said it was going to be a "little extra task". And I would say back, verify the work before you make assumptions.
    Doesn't change the fact that it's your day job for 5 dollars. As in, we don't care that it "wasn't supposed to be easy", because that doesn't change the fact that it isn't well targeted. Players who don't care about the small rewards and are willing to do this long, painful fight, who has the right 4 star roster either ranked or wiling to rank is probably a very small percentage.

My veal analogy before seems to have been deleted so I'll say it again. Regardless what they said, this is like bringing veal to a vegan party. You can say that its for the non-vegan friends, but even among the non-vegan friends not everyone's gonna enjoy the veal, and even if you tell the person hosting the party it said nothing about bringing only vegan food, the fact is most people in the party don't like what you brought, and you have wasted your time making the food, and unnecessarily triggered some animal-loving vegans who think its disgusting. You being defensive about your choice reaaally doesn't do anything at that point.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

If you don't have the roster or skills to do it, then it's not for you

Huh? Use your common sense big guy. You don't have to defend Kabam about literally everything. This is not about having the skills or roster, it's about common sense. What kind of common sense goes into making a 1.4 million health Silver Surfer with insanely niche nodes (need a consistent armor breaker or coldsnap immune) AND you can only use 4 star champions. 4 STAR CHAMPIONS. The last time I've upgraded a 4 star champion was a long, long time ago. And all of this for 3k 5 star shards?! Pathetic.
    It's optional. You don't have to do it. They made a challenging quest to make us think outside the box. It's free to try and you can attempt it as much as you want. I tried it and after a couple attempts, for sure not going to waste my time on it. They said all along that this was supposed to be a very hard challenge.
    Think outside the box? In what way? Literally the only requirement for this fight is skill and a cold snap immune champ. Colossus is going to own the leaderboard since he’s the hardest hitting coldsnap immune champ.
    Coldsnap immune is not the only way to go. There's a much larger group of Champions that have access to Armor Break, and that ability does not activate when Armor Broken. I am definitely not the most skilled player here, but I found the most success with Medusa using the Karnak synergy. One heavy attack and that ability is finished for the whole fight.
    You’re spreading lies now Miike. I tried three times with medusa only to get coldsnap everytime off the first hits. Pictures as proof...

Yup still not worth it lmao...fail of a company to promote an event just to lead to disappointment. Oh well easy pass, complete everything else but I’ll leave this garbage.

Should have kept the event just for youtubers, since that’s the only people trying in the competition part.
    Actually, I just tested it. He was right. Get a Heavy off first, and no Coldsnap. Another option is Pyramid X with Ice Tempest Pre-Fight.
    I tried 3 times, parry-heavy and got 1-2 coldsnap before the armor break was applied 🤷‍♂️. He’s lying about how it was instantly perfect. It’s not.
    Don't Parry. Dex and Heavy when you have a window.
    You should become a comedian because that was funny.
    Not funny at all. I literally just did it. Wait until he's far enough away so you can charge and land a Heavy. Then the Fight is free from Coldsnap. Bait his L2 for safety, and keep hammering away. Then it's not that BS at all, just long.

I’m sorry I really am, and I’m not meaning to be inflammatory here at all - but you’re really telling us that you got through this with that little struggle? I’m suddenly questioning a heck of a lot that you have posted in the past on here. You weren’t even uncollected until recently, and you’ve made multiple posts when they have monthly content on “epic difficulty” that you couldn’t get through.

You said the sinister labs was too difficult...but magically you were able to make it through this with a four star without taking chip damage (meaning you’re intercepting perfectly) and not using a bunch of items to get through it? How is this possible with the struggles you yourself have admitted you’ve had on content that’s verifiably much easier than this?

I tested Miike's strategy and other Champs because I was on the road. I haven't sat down to finish the Fight because I'm in the middle of making supper.
    I didn't say they were "too difficult". Not specifically. I had a point about relative consistency with Epic. I could have done the Labs at the time I posted that. I found it to be too much stress for what it was.
    Lol so you haven’t finished it?

Ok. I just find it incredibly strange that you have complained about difficulty changes from month to month on far easier content, but suddenly breeze through at least what you’ve done so far on this. Even Seatin struggled with this and used items getting him down.

Medusa works if you play perfectly and don’t take any damage from the challenger rating, and manage to not get hit at all. And it takes forever still, for tiny rewards. So it’s hard to believe your endorsement of this difficulty when I’ve seen you struggle with much easier in the past, and when there’s a slew of strong players on here and other forums saying it’s extremely difficult without using items that aren’t worth blowing.

Kudos if you do make it through but it’s going to be hard to believe your comments in the future if something else comes out you complain about on here when you’re clearly much better than you’re letting on.
    I tested some options before I actually sit down to go through. Since when is that a bad thing? I can see what argument you're trying to make, and I'm not interested in going off-topic on a personal basis.
  • DrikinhooDrikinhoo Posts: 21
    I'm disappointed in this tournament, although the fight in itself I find it fun. But a tournament like this, to be fair, needs to have every participant in an even playing field. In a game with so much luck involved, it is impossible to do so, unless you give a tournament only access to every 4-star available and access to all masteries for free to all participants.

I'm a long-time player almost 5 years now, and I still don't have certain 4-star champions. I would have loved to try this fight with some of them that I dont have. That could really give a big advantage to some players.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Huh? Use your common sense big guy. You don't have to defend Kabam about literally everything. This is not about having the skills or roster, it's about common sense. What kind of common sense goes into making a 1.4 million health Silver Surfer with insanely niche nodes (need a consistent armor breaker or coldsnap immune) AND you can only use 4 star champions. 4 STAR CHAMPIONS. The last time I've upgraded a 4 star champion was a long, long time ago. And all of this for 3k 5 star shards?! Pathetic.
    It's optional. You don't have to do it. They made a challenging quest to make us think outside the box. It's free to try and you can attempt it as much as you want. I tried it and after a couple attempts, for sure not going to waste my time on it. They said all along that this was supposed to be a very hard challenge.
    Think outside the box? In what way? Literally the only requirement for this fight is skill and a cold snap immune champ. Colossus is going to own the leaderboard since he’s the hardest hitting coldsnap immune champ.
    Coldsnap immune is not the only way to go. There's a much larger group of Champions that have access to Armor Break, and that ability does not activate when Armor Broken. I am definitely not the most skilled player here, but I found the most success with Medusa using the Karnak synergy. One heavy attack and that ability is finished for the whole fight.
    You’re spreading lies now Miike. I tried three times with medusa only to get coldsnap everytime off the first hits. Pictures as proof...

Yup still not worth it lmao...fail of a company to promote an event just to lead to disappointment. Oh well easy pass, complete everything else but I’ll leave this garbage.

Should have kept the event just for youtubers, since that’s the only people trying in the competition part.
    Actually, I just tested it. He was right. Get a Heavy off first, and no Coldsnap. Another option is Pyramid X with Ice Tempest Pre-Fight.
    I tried 3 times, parry-heavy and got 1-2 coldsnap before the armor break was applied 🤷‍♂️. He’s lying about how it was instantly perfect. It’s not.
    Not funny at all. I literally just did it. Wait until he's far enough away so you can charge and land a Heavy. Then the Fight is free from Coldsnap. Bait his L2 for safety, and keep hammering away. Then it's not that BS at all, just long.
    Geez man, stop with the jokes!! They're just toooo funny! Throwing a random heavy with a 4-Star against someone with 9k attack!? Bahahaha! Where do you come up with this stuff bro? Not BS at all? OMG you are hilarious!
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Geez man, stop with the jokes!! They're just toooo funny! Throwing a random heavy with a 4-Star against someone with 9k attack!? Bahahaha! Where do you come up with this stuff bro? Not BS at all? OMG you are hilarious!
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I'm nowhere near the best Player, and it took 2 run throughs to get that Heavy off. Literally not hard at all.
    A video would be quite helpful.
    The last thing I want to do is post my Account. It's not hard. Take your Team in, keep restarting the Fight until you get a Heavy off and Armor Break with the Synergy.
    First off, people know your account. I won’t share it, I respect your privacy.

Second, pause the fight as soon as you enter, hit record, and end it on the ko screen. Edit the video so the name doesn’t show. Bada bing, bada boom.
    I really don't need to post a Vid to show people how to Dex and Heavy. It's just about timing. First shot, I couldn't get the Heavy off because he Intercepted. Second time I restarted the Quest and went in with an Evade. If you time it right, you have enough time to make contact.
    Bro silver surfer have what like 8k attack if I am not wrong and tha coldsnap 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

BTW herald difficulty is awesome and refreshing. Enjoying it. I can use 5 stars thi😂
    So am I, but this isn't Herald.
    edited August 2020

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Bruhツ said:

...what are you on?
    facts. At the best rewards for the effort you get about 1176 shards 2647 t2a shards and 5294 of each class t4cc per fight, the only thing hard to quantity per fight is the class AG. In addition LOL is way more of a pain in the butt. It gets way worse when you go for 100%.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Seraphion said:

Okay this 3k 5* shards are not worth the time.

If you still want to do it itemless:

Bring Medusa (if you have her) and her Royal family + Heimdal. You can run full suicides no problem. 1 SP1 and then cycle only SP3s. You gain extra powergain if you bleed on your light attacks so going from SP3 to SP3 is not too hard.

Willpower is key imo. His random heavys (watch out for them/ is like vs Mr Sinister) and SP1s give your armorbreaks = willpower healing.

I stayed around 70% hp the whole fight.
    It was my 11th try or something.

And look who haunts me now 😅

when you have none of those options available (even willpower)

And thats why this event is not good imo.

At least put that coldsnap away so you can actuly use champs.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Mik81 said:

The fact that they force you to rank up champions you’ll probably never use again is the thing that kills it for me. It’s just plain stupid or malicious. Take your pick.

Nobody is saying that you should do that. If you don't have Champions to use and don't want to Rank any up for this content, then don't! It's not necessary to beat and is not going to keep you from progressing in-game.
    Yes because it makes sense to design content that will frustrate 95% of your player base, also content that most of your players will not play. Genius !!
    A lot of end game content is not time limited so theoretically speaking anyone could eventually progress up to doing it. But in actuality most players of the game won't reach that point. Both Labyrinth and the Abyss fall into the same category of content that most players will not play.

It isn't a challenge if everyone does it and everyone succeeds. Sometimes, and this is a microscopic percentage of all content in the game, most players will fail. When there's really only been twice so far this kind of content as appeared in the game (the Maze being the other time) it is hard to consider complaints about this kind of thing being valid.

The content has barely been out for a couple hours and we already have people judging the content incorrectly, something I thought had largely disappeared from the forums. Like thinking you can only use cold snap immune champs, for example. So far the best options I've found aren't cold snap immune.

I've always said there should be a place for all kinds of content that would appeal to all kinds of different players. This kind of content is *very rare* but it does appeal to the high progress theory crafters. Heck I'm not 100% sure I can do Show Up itemless, but I've got a month to try (granted it is one out of three, so I need to step on it a bit) and I have to say while the difficulty is substantial, it isn't a brick wall either. I doubt if the absolute best strategy has even been discovered yet, although there's already a few floating around there that are pretty good.
    Daphboy said:

Anyone tried going in with corvus and using a cosmic power boost to just spam sp2???

It is harder with corvus, I went in, you take more chip damage because you rely on parries, and you also cannot punish specials as often.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,878 Guardian
    Daphboy said:

Anyone tried going in with corvus and using a cosmic power boost to just spam sp2???

He would gain zero benefit with the power boost
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    I Used my 4* venom and Hyperion because i got these two who can break armour And there are no 5/50 coldsnape immune in my roster because i left ranking up 4* 3 years ago.
    Venom did good but used few revives.
    Health pool is too large would’ve been around 500k maybe. Or increase the rewards maybe.