**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Venom solos Silver Surfer (Summoner Showdown - Week 1)

Pedrof6Pedrof6 Posts: 179 ★★
As you can see Venom is one of the best solutions. Keep doing Armor Breaks on heavies to cancel the coldsnap then use the sp1 to eat the buffs. I also love his animations and his long dash back helps to evade Silver Surfer's SP2.

I lost the combo at one point, because I forgot Silver Surfer was unblockable.

https://youtu.be/xRPdOQFJwq0

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Nice!
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Ok. Colossus, Venom, Human Torch, medusa, and than someone else. I think I may have a plan of attack.
  • VynrialVynrial Posts: 37
    Litterally just one-shot surfer using captain marvel movie, that coldsnap = permenant binary 👍
  • Vynrial said:

Litterally just one-shot surfer using captain marvel movie, that coldsnap = permenant binary 👍

Until the indestructible wears off though
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Vynrial said:

she has armor break so it should be ok
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Edit: got what I needed in another thread.
  • VynrialVynrial Posts: 37

Vynrial said:

Between willpower and the 12 second indestructible, wasn't an issue at all
  • Truue true. I've been trying at it with colossus and venom. Tried some others but these have gotten me the best results
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    @Jaded is this an option for you?
  • Pedrof6Pedrof6 Posts: 179 ★★

I really like how the people who were genuinely up for the challenge can easily complete while those that whine only continue to whine as others around them adapt

At first I was kinda reluctant in doing this, then I saw my Venom and got excited.
  • Pedrof6Pedrof6 Posts: 179 ★★
    Vynrial said:

Very cool, share the video with us.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

I really like how the people who were genuinely up for the challenge can easily complete while those that whine only continue to whine as others around them adapt

Those who complain are low tiers and newer players who expect to be able to do anything in the game that end gamers can. Its nothing new and happens with every single piece of content that comes out.

Awesome job with venom OP
    Not really.. Personally, and it’s could be just me, nothing enjoyable in a 10 minute fight that is the same sequence of moves over and over again. There is nothing smart or challenging about this fight other than the pure health pool. It does not require exceptional skill or knowledge of the game. It only require endurance
    Isn't endurance to not mess up a skill in itself?
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Now I speak for myself, but my problem is the rewards. They are so irrelevant that I don't know if its worth the effort. I imagine I could handle the difficulty, but haven't tried it yet so can't say for sure.
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★

I respect your view, however having done act 6 completion, running map 6x5 and 2 abyss paths (not far off 3rd), I do not believe the rewards are worth the time or effort required. Especially with how manageable herald and Canadian difficulty are for my roster. 1.4mil health is absurd considering how restrictive it is for 3k shards.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    It doesn’t look that bad at all, people are literally soloing a boss fight on a no energy quest, they’re getting a free 3,000 5* shards, and if you don’t want to do it that is what separates these players from ones who need rewards at every corner of the game
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Now I speak for myself, but my problem is the rewards. They are so irrelevant that I don't know if its worth the effort. I imagine I could handle the difficulty, but haven't tried it yet so can't say for sure.
    If the rewards were relevant you’ll get a different set of complaints of it being unfair.

Just imagine the uproar if the rewards were 3k 6* shards instead.
  • sacoma_sack78sacoma_sack78 Posts: 142
    Iron Patriot
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Medusa worked great for me. I was able to oneshot him after many failed attempts. Nick fury, karnak, blackbolt and kamala khan on the team with medusa for synergies.
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★

It doesn’t look that bad at all, people are literally soloing a boss fight on a no energy quest, they’re getting a free 3,000 5* shards, and if you don’t want to do it that is what separates these players from ones who need rewards at every corner of the game

Overreacting is this communities specialty.
    Don't be like that . The rewards were a bit low compared to the length of the fight . But personally, I enjoyed this , I reset the quest multiple times and had a blast trying to figure out who i could use . Ended up using the doom with the mr fantastic synergy to win it .
  • WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    Used Medusa in the show up. Managed to solo Silver Surfer. Will start doing the same on the Showdown to test the same without synergies. I really liked the idea of using CMM, I might rank her up just for this event.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

Those who complain are low tiers and newer players who expect to be able to do anything in the game that end gamers can. Its nothing new and happens with every single piece of content that comes out.

Awesome job with venom OP
    Not really.. Personally, and it’s could be just me, nothing enjoyable in a 10 minute fight that is the same sequence of moves over and over again. There is nothing smart or challenging about this fight other than the pure health pool. It does not require exceptional skill or knowledge of the game. It only require endurance
    1) you need to be good at baiting, and counter attacking as well as intercepts. If you rely on parries you will take too much chip damage.
    2) you need to be able to control cold snap
    3) all of that together with an endurance fight.

The only time you can do the same thing over and over is if you are using a cold snap immune. If you are relying on armor breaks to prevent cold snap it is anything but the same sequence of moves over and over, and you will have to be smart.