**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Show Up Difficulty Feedback [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Oh and i forgot another point.
    Because of the nodes, you are limited to a few 4 stars champions so bye-bye Quake, Doom, symbiote supreme and every other champion not coldsnap immune or cannot armor break their opponent.
    Better have one of those already at rank 5 or you will have to spend those nice ressources in hope to get 3000 5-stars shards 😅

I don’t even talk about the week 2 where you will probably have to use, and maybe rank up, another specific 4 stars to get some juicy 3000 5-stars shards... wow amazing 😂
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    I did it waste of my time tbh
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    H3t3r said:

I think ghost(hood synergy as well) is the best but you need him to only throw sp3s

No, you can solo him with full Ghost, keeping him in SP2 and SP3 only. If he does throw SP1 you just run away. I solo with Full ghost in 3:00 ish. Wasn’t that bad, once you have the timing down.

• FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★

The way Showup difficultly was marketed and portrayed was kinda misleading and bad. It was portrayed as something for everyone, a bit challenging, but doable and rewarding without having to toss an unfathomable amount of revives, potions, boosts, and rank up materials for 4*s.

The exact words were "This difficulty is just like the Showdown Difficulty with some key differences. You will be able to bring in a team of five Champions with the ability to use boosts and consumables. Scores completed in this difficulty will not be entered into the leaderboard and/or the official Summoner Showdown Tournament."

That said, I understand why people are upset. When we see content in-game, it's easy to view it as all the same. Every piece of content serving the same purpose, with it being account progression. That's not the case here. This is supplementary content that is a celebration of the Summoner Showdown and went live in a month that already has extra content like the Boss Rushes coming every week, and the Solo Objective tied to the Side Quest.

Regardless, I have made sure we've raised this sentiment to the team.
    The problem isn’t necessarily the difficulty it is the difficulty for the rewards. The rewards are something the mid tier players could use, but the difficulty is outrageously out of proportion.
    This reminds me of The Maze, good content but I didn’t touch it as the rewards came nowhere close to being worth it.
    To put it in context, the summer smackdown gives 6k 5* shards and 500 6* shards is several orders of magnitude easier.
    It is disappointing, but I have the option to not do it. It makes me question rewards moving forward.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,878 Guardian
    WHOz_R4GE said:

H3t3r said:

I think ghost(hood synergy as well) is the best but you need him to only throw sp3s

No, you can solo him with full Ghost, keeping him in SP2 and SP3 only. If he does throw SP1 you just run away. I solo with Full ghost in 3:00 ish. Wasn’t that bad, once you have the timing down.

Yeah my best was taking him down to 40 percent ish. Finished him with torch and medusa
  • TrueMasterTrueMaster Posts: 20
    edited August 2020
    After having a go at silver surfer 3 times now, I realize there's just really no point in spending more recourses trying to defeat this champ. I was so looking forward to this showdown, thought it could be the most epic tournament ever. When I saw SS's health, my heart stopped and I was just like..."oh hell no m8".
    In the end, with the weak rewards Kabam has offered, and that insane difficulty, it just isn't worth it.
  • Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    Its a 400 hit fight nothing special. Baiting specials and dealing damage. First LoL fights with aegon vs SL or red hulk take more hits to solo
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I tried it with my medusa and it was pretty mind numbing lol. I got like 20% down and just put my phone down and was like nope. I think it's ok to have an event that is challenging like this and for rewards like this. just not something I'm in to. for those who are committed to it, good on you for stepping up to the challenge. personally, there's no incentive for me to do it. again, not a complaint, just saying this isn't my thing
    Onmix said:

I don’t get what all the issue is.

If you like the fight, then play it and get the 3k shards. I soloed with a R4 Colossus.
    Got to half health with Medusa.

If you don’t like the fight, don’t do it.

If you think the rewards are very low (which I kinda agree), don’t do it.

It’s not a Variant or a new Act. It’s just 1 fight. Just don’t do it. You’re not really missing out on anything.

Personally, it was a fun fight for me. Took me A LOT of tries. But it’s completely free. Just went in again and again and again until I got it.

agree with this. disappointing for me, but not everything released is for everyone. a lot of people didn't like this, but many did and that's great. I feel like they did exaggerate the event a tiny bit but not a big deal
    Onmix said:

If you like the fight, then play it and get the 3k shards. I soloed with a R4 Colossus.

It’s not a Variant or a new Act. It’s just 1 fight. Just don’t do it. You’re not really missing out on anything.

Personally, it was a fun fight for me. Took me A LOT of tries. But it’s completely free. Just went in again and again and again until I got it.

I agree, ur not missing anything, but when Kabam announced that the showdown would be available to ALL summoners, everyone was like: "oh so it must be a very inclusive event, a decent challenge (obviously), CAn'T WAIt To TrY ThIS OUt. The rewards ain't half bad it looks like." *sees SS's health* "Ya, imma head out."
  • AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    This event is a Blasphemy
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

The way Showup difficultly was marketed and portrayed was kinda misleading and bad. It was portrayed as something for everyone, a bit challenging, but doable and rewarding without having to toss an unfathomable amount of revives, potions, boosts, and rank up materials for 4*s.

The exact words were "This difficulty is just like the Showdown Difficulty with some key differences. You will be able to bring in a team of five Champions with the ability to use boosts and consumables. Scores completed in this difficulty will not be entered into the leaderboard and/or the official Summoner Showdown Tournament."

That said, I understand why people are upset. When we see content in-game, it's easy to view it as all the same. Every piece of content serving the same purpose, with it being account progression. That's not the case here. This is supplementary content that is a celebration of the Summoner Showdown and went live in a month that already has extra content like the Boss Rushes coming every week, and the Solo Objective tied to the Side Quest.

Regardless, I have made sure we've raised this sentiment to the team.
    The problem isn’t necessarily the difficulty it is the difficulty for the rewards. The rewards are something the mid tier players could use, but the difficulty is outrageously out of proportion.
    This reminds me of The Maze, good content but I didn’t touch it as the rewards came nowhere close to being worth it.
    To put it in context, the summer smackdown gives 6k 5* shards and 500 6* shards is several orders of magnitude easier.
    It is disappointing, but I have the option to not do it. It makes me question rewards moving forward.
    You are missing the point. The quest where everyone can do it is just for kicks. It's not meant to help progression or anything of the sorts. The actual competition is what this whole thing is about. There are some serious rewards for it. That's the focus. The only reason they even did a 2nd quest is because of all the restrictions the actual contest has. They wanted everyone to see what they couldn't normally see.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom dude i use to think people bashed on you constently an felt like it was way over the top . but this is t the time to be pro kabam you literly are agruing against the truth . no wonder ppl are always on your case ... dude!

I have no idea what you're reading, but I've commented on techniques to take him down. Aside from the mistake I made about two different Quests. Even that has a point because if this was the Tournament, people would still have to compete the same hard challenge.
    I said the strategy Miike suggested works. You can Heavy Medusa with the Synergy because I tested it. I said Pyramid X is another option because of Ice Tempest. I said Curler was right because Colossus was a good option with the OR/Jugs Synergy. Those are all things I tested myself.
    I haven't commented on much else. It's one Fight per Chapter. Is it hard? Sure. It's supposed to be. It's a taste of the Tourney.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    If people are fighting to get them to tone it down or something, I'm not arguing for or against that. So I'm not pro anything. I'm just looking at things that work. Colossus R5 L2 with that Synergy takes down the most Health I've seen thus far.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★

Onmix said:

I agree, ur not missing anything, but when Kabam announced that the showdown would be available to ALL summoners, everyone was like: "oh so it must be a very inclusive event, a decent challenge (obviously), CAn'T WAIt To TrY ThIS OUt. The rewards ain't half bad it looks like." *sees SS's health* "Ya, imma head out."
    I agree with you and truly I get your point. But it’s just one fight. One.
    You won’t be missing out on good rewards, a title, a trophy champ, anything. It’s not this month’s side event, it’s not even a boss rush (which is a very small piece of content).

I never expected it to be as hard as it was either. And yeah. Maybe they should have toned it down. But I considered the fight a great challenge for myself and kept trying. It literally took me way more than 20 times to find the right synergy team to be able to solo with a R4 and I wouldn’t have ever, EVER, R5 Colossus for the fight. So if I couldn’t do it with the R4 I just wouldn’t have done it period.
    It would’ve made me sad that I couldn’t complete it but not as angry as some others are here.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★

Onmix said:

agree with this. disappointing for me, but not everything released is for everyone. a lot of people didn't like this, but many did and that's great. I feel like they did exaggerate the event a tiny bit but not a big deal
    Exactly. And if it was a more consequential event like the month’s side event or part of the boss rushes I wouldn’t totally agree with everyone here and be as angry as them.

But really, this time, is just a little gift for some who want and like the grind to solo a boss.
    It’s definitely not worth any revives or rank up resources.
    If this seems fun do it, if not, don’t. You won’t miss out on anything of importance.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

So I re-read the event description as I was wondering how my expectations and reality were so far apart...

In retrospect, what got me was the use of "EPIC". I immediately processed that as in line with typical Epic event difficulty and rewards. Seeing here where it says the difficulty is the same, but then referencing we can bring 5 total champs added to it. Kabam was very specific in the big boy pants level challenge to state the 4* restriction.
    They didn't mention any restrictions at all for the junior version. My assumption was I'd be trying with my max roster. That coupled with the invitation to all... and here we are at DEFCON 4.

I think I'm not the only one who read it that way based on the current overall reaction.

I'll give it a few more goes. I don't mind trying and failing a bit. But considering my last two 5*s were Jugs and a double dupe of Ronan... for me, the rewards don't justify the use of boosts or revives.

I tip my cap to those that get it done at this level, let alone the big boy pants level...

Mods, don't know if you are still paying attention, but maybe the Kabam PR team needs to consider a little more caution...and maybe a review by a lawyer. :D

Lol, seeing this again made me realize that they screwed up. Badly.

We encourage all our summoners to use the show up difficulty to challenge themselves.

1) Encouragement wise, this does a bad job at doing that.
    2) 'All Summoners'. I can't get over those 2 words. Who all is doing this exactly? I hope this was a spelling error because this is NOT for all summoners. No matter their progression or level? Is that a joke?
    Encourage ALL summoners.

All means all.

Everyone has 4*s

If you make the fight easy, such that anyone can beat it easily, then you dont challenge ALL. They did not say it would be easy for ALL, in fact they stated quite clearly in your own post it would be a challenge to them.
    my alt that hasn't logged on in 3 months disagrees
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    When I saw the rewards I thought Show Up Difficulty will be similar to ROL.
    LOL is easier than this because you can take 5* and 6* champs. Doing this is like doing LOL with 4* champs. Not worth the time and effort.
    Onmix said:

Onmix said:

Exactly. And if it was a more consequential event like the month’s side event or part of the boss rushes I wouldn’t totally agree with everyone here and be as angry as them.

But really, this time, is just a little gift for some who want and like the grind to solo a boss.
    It’s definitely not worth any revives or rank up resources.
    If this seems fun do it, if not, don’t. You won’t miss out on anything of importance.
    yeah the rewards are so insignificant it really doesn't matter if you cant do it or don't want to
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I’m not gonna waste 15 minutes fighting this guy for 3k 5* shards. 6* shards maybe, but even then probably not
    edited August 2020
    Onmix said:

Onmix said:

I agree with you and truly I get your point. But it’s just one fight. One.
    You won’t be missing out on good rewards, a title, a trophy champ, anything. It’s not this month’s side event, it’s not even a boss rush (which is a very small piece of content).

I never expected it to be as hard as it was either. And yeah. Maybe they should have toned it down. But I considered the fight a great challenge for myself and kept trying. It literally took me way more than 20 times to find the right synergy team to be able to solo with a R4 and I wouldn’t have ever, EVER, R5 Colossus for the fight. So if I couldn’t do it with the R4 I just wouldn’t have done it period.
    It would’ve made me sad that I couldn’t complete it but not as angry as some others are here.
    I highly agree with you. However, while YOU may have been able to complete the challenge. I estimate 85% of the other summoners went in and just couldn't do it. Kabam said that everyone could join the tournament, that you could test your skills. Well, how can you test your skills when SS's damage knocks each one of ur champions out in 30 seconds if you're lucky. That sparked the inevitably false belief that it was going to be a challenge of course, but not as hard as it was.
    The way Kabam advertised this built up hype but destroyed it for most of the summoners out there.
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    The reward is actually really good. I believe this fight is for endgame players who could do a long fight with some good skills in baiting and dexing the special from SS. without that long fight endurance, you absolutely gonna use items.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    could have used some 6* shards in there somewhere .. ya know ... for Sparta. :D@Kabam Miike
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I think all the people who were ineligible to attempt this can now take comfort in the fact that they are the true winners of the showdown.