**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5.3 bug

The 50% weakness debuff placed on champions that aren't the specified class in 5.3 does not cause will power to heal us however when the spectre node is on (reverses healing) it degenerates the will power gains we don't get lol.

Comments

• Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Exactly
    That's what I also noticed
    Hope they give us some clarification
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Spectre has always been that way. At least for me anyways.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    They are passive effects
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I think it's because the weakness that is inflicted on you through the global node is a passive effect because it is an ability that is always active (if active). So since it isn't a detrimental effect, it cannot trigger willpower. They probably made it this way for 2 reasons:

- Discouraging the use of the wrong champions because if you could permanently heal through willpower by bringing the wrong champion, what's the point?
    - To prevent the wrong champions from potentially shrugging off the effect. Agent Venom and Kingpin does this, but only to detrimental effects. So by making it a passive effect, you will definitely be punished by bringing the wrong champion, so Kingpin and AV will not be favoured.

As for spectre, I don't think it's a passive effect, but more of a detrimental effect. It's something like Mordo's power gain: It switches on and off, but it isn't a passive ability because it isn't an ability that is always active. Same thing for Spectre: Because it switches on and off, it isn't an ability that is always active, and hence isn't a passive ability, but a detrimental effect.

This is why willpower is highly discouraged when the Spectre node is on.
  • Options
    Global weakness does not trigger will power equaling 0 health gained per second. Cool no problems with that.
    Spectre reverses healing when active.
    Cool no problems with that.
    But degenerating from spectre for will power tics I'm not receiving is a bug and needs to be addressed.

As I mentioned before, Spectre is a detrimental effect and not a passive effect because it is not an effect that is always active. Because Spectre is a detrimental effect, it will therefore trigger Willpower, and since willpower heals you but Spectre reverses that heal, you will degenerate from your Willpower.

Thus, it isn't a bug. To counter it, just don't bring regen champs and take off your Willpower for the duration of the path. Spectre isn't a global node, and it only appears on 1 path on each quest of 5.3.5 and 5.3.6, so you justhave to take it off once, wipe out those paths, and place it back on.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Yes I have noticed this, I am having health took off me for no reason, as I am not gaining any to be removed
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Spectre is a debuff, so willpower works with it. Which means you will lose HP.

5.3 weakness is not a debuff. The node clearly says "reduce champions attack by 50%", not "gives you a weakness debuff that reduces your attack by 50%".
    The weakness icon appears just to let you know that your attack is reduced
  • Options
    Yes it reacts to willpower and you should lose HP when willpower is activated. But when willpower isn't even activated (the weakness passive DOESN'T trigger willpower) why should you lose HP? The debuff makes you lose the amount of health you would normally gain. But when you don't gain any health, you shouldn't lose health from spectre.
  • Options
    gianni120 wrote: »
    Yes it reacts to willpower and you should lose HP when willpower is activated. But when willpower isn't even activated (the weakness passive DOESN'T trigger willpower) why should you lose HP? The debuff makes you lose the amount of health you would normally gain. But when you don't gain any health, you shouldn't lose health from spectre.
    That's a confusing post, can you reiterate?

Spectre is a debuff. It is the same debuff that is applied by Guillotine's L2. Because it is a debuff, willpower is triggered by it, but because the debuff reverses healing, you will get damaged. The weakness passive has nothing to do with how Spectre works, because as you said, it is a PASSIVE ability.

So spectre IS working as intended, and should WORK as how it is now because it makes sense. As mentioned before, it is easy to counter this node: Just take off willpower when you need to do paths with Spectre as the node, and obviously don't bring any regen champs.
  • Options
    On 5.3.5 (skill) the spectre path is accompanied by power lock (after 1 bar of power, you are power locked). I can 100% verify that power lock triggers willpower after 1 bar is reached (very helpful in 5.3.4 as it will heal your champs).

In 5.3.6, I haven't looked what spectre is with.
  • Options
    Fthewigg wrote: »
    On 5.3.5 (skill) the spectre path is accompanied by power lock (after 1 bar of power, you are power locked). I can 100% verify that power lock triggers willpower after 1 bar is reached (very helpful in 5.3.4 as it will heal your champs).

In 5.3.6, I haven't looked what spectre is with.

Oh it is? I didn't actually see what node it was accompanied with, I just went straight ahead and talked about Spectre only.

Yep that is correct, the power lock 1 node inflicts a power lock when u are at 1 bar of power, and that power lock is a detrimental effect and will thus trigger willpower. I used it to my advantage back in 5.3.3 and 5.3.4, very useful for healing.

If that is the case, and Spectre is paired up with power lock, then I think it is definitely very needed to remove willpower for that path, as well as the other path in 5.3.6.

Oh and, 5.3.6's spectre is paired up with "Special attacks drain up to 100% of your power" node, so it isn't as bad as the one in 5.3.5
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Bump
  • Options
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Bump

For what? It was already answered
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Not by the mods. Your speculation may be correct, but I'd prefer to hear it from the horse's mouth.
  • Options
    They already commented to this in the official thread.´
    Weaknees is a passive charge, not a debuff. Spectre is a debuff.
    The nodes itself says which of them are or not debuffs.

It's pretty obvious just by testing and reading