**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Final Thoughts on Summoner Showdown...So Far

TrueMasterTrueMaster Posts: 20
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Overall, my final verdict is this:
For 3 weeks, Kabam built up a crazy amount of hype for a tournament that was going to be all INCLUSIVE, a place where ALL summoners could test their skills. Welp, the day finally came for the PARTICIPATION lvl, Kabam's greeting? Staring at a white box for an hour, then making most of us mindlessly spend resources to try and defeat SS. Most summoners either went in and couldn't do it, or just didn't do it at all. The ones who did end up making it had an extreme challenge as well, and for what...3k 5* shards and some gold!
Kabam made a mistake, a large mistake, but that doesn't mean it can't improve in the future.
@Kabam Miike Miike this is a great game, keep it that way pls.

Comments

• So sad that it ends up being for just some people. It lets down longtime players who have enjoyed the game and love it just to discover that what was announced for everyone turns out to be for only some, it´s a bad way of forcing fans to spend money on the game, not a clean play from Kabam

There are lots of solo videos out now. You don't need to spend and technically it us for all
  • Sunny2Sunny2 Posts: 183 ★★
    I did it with only 1 revive using doom with mrf.. thing thats the way to go
  • MikeV102177MikeV102177 Posts: 6
    edited August 2020
    You missed my point the point is I’m tired of my roster being taken from me by unnecessary restrictions. This started with the introduction of act 6 which at that point it made 4 stars obsolete so that’s when I’stopped investing in 4 stars whether it was 2 or 3 years ago that’s besides the point. I want to use the my whole roster I put my time and money in with no restrictions. This content is not fun and not worth doing. So far this month 2 duds and a winner, boss rush I love it I can use my whole roster to tackle the content but this Harold Glactus (Yes I know you can use your whole roster but your severely handicapped if you do) and now the summoner show down are terrible I hate restrictions and outrageous nodes which they both have.
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    Sunny2 said:

I did it with only 1 revive using doom with mrf.. thing thats the way to go

finally, someone using what I'm thought abut
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    It's easy. Practice a little and you can solo him no problem.
  • Zenn_LaZenn_La Posts: 84
    edited August 2020
    I really like Crc’s idea of providing everyone with a choice of 1-10 pre-ranked characters provided by Kabam old school Street fighter arcade game style and that would leave it more up to a straight up skill tournament style arcade challenge. Or if we have to select specific champs from our own 4* roster to counter the nodes then don’t throw in extra scandalous stuff like Coldsnap which very few champs are immune to and personally none of my maxed out 4* champs are immune to. The nodes should be strategic and challenging but this honestly feels like an impossible F-you to most players and it’s only chapter 1!

One more complaint, personally as a casual Cavalier player I don’t have tons of extra iso and catalyst resources to waste ranking up a couple 4*s all the way up to r5 like my unused r1 unduped Medusa just for this 1 fight and I also don’t have some of the necessary champs like Colossus or Torch as a 4* or the synergy champs like Mr. F or Sym. Supreme as a 4*. Conveniently though I have Torch, Medusa and Colossus all as r4 duped 5*s that I’ve invested time into ranking up but which does me zero good with the stupid 4* rule and I’m hoarding any Iso & cats to rank up more 5 & 6*s.

• BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    Summoner Showdown is a 100% letdown.

Silver Surfer is so overly buffed up he's a joke. His attack alone is on steroids

The only 4* cold snap immune champ I have is Sabretooth and the best I took off SS was 3% health.

There is no way I'm going to plug away at this opponent 33 times just to win a lame 3,000 5* shards and Gold.

Kabam have completely stuffed this concept up with placing in such a over buffed opponent. Shame. It could have been a great event.

IMO it's a 0 out of 10 for MCOC content...
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    Is this event just for testing skills? or is there any hidden reward?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    DannyB01 said:

Should've been given access to all champs at R5. My Medusa and Colossus were both low level. How is this event worth the resources? I'm doing it for fun but really begrudge having to use T4b and T1a to participate.

If people don't have Medusa or HT at R5 there's really no point in them attempting the Showdown difficulty either. Hardly a decent competition when 90% of the community is immediately cut off from being competitive. Whole thing should have been done on a beta server with access to all champs.

Terrible delivery by Kabam.

because then it would not be challenging to the top end playerbase, which is what the intention was.
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

Should've been given access to all champs at R5. My Medusa and Colossus were both low level. How is this event worth the resources? I'm doing it for fun but really begrudge having to use T4b and T1a to participate.

If people don't have Medusa or HT at R5 there's really no point in them attempting the Showdown difficulty either. Hardly a decent competition when 90% of the community is immediately cut off from being competitive. Whole thing should have been done on a beta server with access to all champs.

because then it would not be challenging to the top end playerbase, which is what the intention was.
    So you mean it's challenging because you have to use T4B and T1A?
    Before you decide to post something, read it again
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

So you mean it's challenging because you have to use T4B and T1A?
    Before you decide to post something, read it again
    It is challenging because it requires the use of 4*s to do 1.4m health. The level up mats are part of individual concerns, not the action designing of the content.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    I'm not sure what to think about this...
    It's really difficult, and it's supposed to be. It's not really for players like me. Due to the challenge itself it isn't very forgiving. One mistake and it's over. Even the slightest amount of lag due to an older phone model (like mine) makes it very difficult to achieve.
    But also, in my case I had none of the fitting champs ranked up as 4 stars. Well... maybe one that could place some armor breaks on SS. I have a few good options as 5 or even a 6 star sitting there on the bench, without reach. lol.

But, as a tournament it's supposed to test the skill of the players, and if you can't make a flawless run (like I can't) then I feel it's not even worth trying. Well... Maybe to try out strategies and synergies and learn something for later... that's about it.
  • TrapTrap Posts: 124
    It’s a absolute joke this content... rewards are pityful no wonder more and more summoners quit
  • Kingkev_88Kingkev_88 Posts: 10
    Disappointed that Kabam lost their touch with the community again. Summoner Show Up event is closer to the Abyss of Legends fights when u take into account of the 4* restrictions but rewards are more for 2016.
    Where is the fun when we are just made to spend units for 3000 Five start shards?
    Please work with the community. All the Hype was great but the game delivery is really bad.