**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How hard is Variant 5 first clear. Can I do it?

ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
My best roster atm for this variant is

5R5 Doon
5R4 Sym Supreme
5R3 Starky
4R5 Venom
4R5 Scarlet Witch

Would a first clear on easy paths be very costly (in terms of units, revives) with this team?

Comments

• Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★
    Honestly, if you have Doom entirely mastered, he will singlehandedly plow through almost all of the pathes and bosses, but you have to know him like the back of your hand.

I didn’t have Sym Supreme in my team, but looking at the global buffs, it seems that this Variant was made for him.

I have a R4 Starkey that I used for fights Doom couldn’t do (Sentinel and his power steal resistance 🙄)

As for those 4 stars, you can use them, but they are gonna take a LOT of block damage. You would need to have near-perfect play with them. Try them out on the first chapter, and if you think the block damage if too much, take in some synergies. I rotated in Miles for a 7 hit combo with Starkey and Diablo for the heavy crits with Doom.

My team also included a 6 star R1 Ebony Maw and Longhot. Longshot was stupidly fun for the final Venom, absolutely cheesed him. In 1.2, there is a Breakthrough lane, and I used Maw for all of it except for Iceman. I used Doom because of his high health pool (R5) and realized after there is a Dr. Strange synergy that would purify the coldsnap when activating the Aura. I would have brought that if I had thought about it.

Overall a very fun Variant, but you need Doom (especially for the 3.1 boss). I hope you enjoy your run! I did mine itemless, btw.
  • Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★
    Mystic dispersion is a must. I forgot to mention that.
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    ddom said:

My best roster atm for this variant is

5R5 Doon
    5R4 Sym Supreme
    5R3 Starky
    4R5 Venom
    4R5 Scarlet Witch

Would a first clear on easy paths be very costly (in terms of units, revives) with this team?

Mostly using R5 Doom and R4 Voodoo, Venom and Stark for some fights, my completion was 0 cost. If you comfortable with Doom, 5 revives for safety should be enough