**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Show-Up Nerf...

124»

Comments

• PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Posts: 367 ★★
    The only thing I care about is the fact that they actually took this into consideration and did make changes. Mad love to kabam. Thanks for the changes. I don't really care about compensation but IF and only if they want to give it should we get it. Anyway thanks for the changes!!!?
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    All summer long this has been the same. Complain for free stuff, complain things are too hard. I almost miss those idiots posting 3 times a day revising tier lists.

Can we make a new forum section and call it kabamflakes and mods just redirect all the negativity there?
  • PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Posts: 367 ★★
    If I am right they made the health 350k approx. If my maths is correct and I didn't make a mess. But according to me that's a SIGNIFICANT nerf and you can bring any star champ you want. MAD LOVE TO KABAM AGAIN!!!!!!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    SteelMan said:

I lost ~2 revives + 2 l5 hp =~100 units (note: I'd have done it itemless if I had the motivation to do multiple 15m attempts to try and solo it, but for 3k 5*, not worth the time)
    + 700k gold + 5 t4bc to rank up colossus.
    and gained in return 3k 5* shards.
    if there will be compensation, I'd like to get my resources back, gold and t4bc specifically .

wait so because the rewards were shizzy, you spent stuff?? ok
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    SteelMan said:

SteelMan said:

I lost ~2 revives + 2 l5 hp =~100 units (note: I'd have done it itemless if I had the motivation to do multiple 15m attempts to try and solo it, but for 3k 5*, not worth the time)
    + 700k gold + 5 t4bc to rank up colossus.
    and gained in return 3k 5* shards.
    if there will be compensation, I'd like to get my resources back, gold and t4bc specifically .

wait so because the rewards were shizzy, you spent stuff?? ok
    I'd rather spend couple revives than spend couple or more hours to do so,
    that's totally ok, but why would you send revives and cats if the rewards were bad and you had no motivation?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    SteelMan said:

Aayush19 said:

I think we should receive back at least the items we used. Ridiculous. I defeated it with a 4 star team.

Using items was a choice, not a requirement.
    Is the C word your kryptonite? Why do you get so triggered by it? I really wanna know why do you do this?
    Compensation is for actual issues. Not for people rushing to do content right away, complaining about, claiming there isn't "any counters", complaining about it more, ignoring people who did it itemless and then still complaining about until Kabam nerfs the content into the ground.

Compensation is for the server issues we had. Those are MAJOR issues that caused a ton a grief. This was a piece of content that costs zero energy and was made to be a challenge. Now, with being able to use 5 and 6 stars, it's easier than the side quest for more 5* shards and way more gold.

No one had to use items, no one had to use units. You can restart and try as much as you wanted for 45 days. Can't beat it? Take a step back and wait and see what others are doing. There were tons of solos yet the majority kept complaining so Kabam made changes.

I'm all for compensation for when we deserve it, not for when we whine about it because we can't beat it in 10 seconds.
    question, can you keep restarting it since it has 0 energy with r1 lvl1 4*? if not, then do you know how much does it cost to rank up (ONE) 4* to r5 50?
    if the 4* restriction is still there, it would be fine for me, but since it will be removed, there should be compensation to people who spent resources upgrading a 4* for not just one week event, but for one specific fight!!
    Still disagree.
    HI_guys said:

I personally rather the rewards get a buff than the difficulty and restrictions get nerfed. But the real question is will Kabam compensate all summoners who had to use items such as boosts, revives and health potions as well as units just to complete this event now that’s they’re completely nerfing the difficulty as well as the 4* restrictions. Seems a bit messed up to those who wasted items, units and money just to beat it as it was now that it will be much easier. We the community need answers!!

You deserve nothing.
    and you deserve to be banned.

I believe that it should be tuned down a bit, but no compensation.
    Well neither will happen so.... I win?
    But it did get nerfed . So he wins?

. Don't worry I get what you meant. I was just trying to be you
    Don't... it's not worth it.
  • wallopwallop Posts: 16

Because it was an option and I can't get warned for saying it.

If the community would stop whining about every bit of content they can't steamroll, we'd never have to worry about it. This is your fault, not Kabams.

Finally, thank you SMH.. Everyone just wants free compensation ALL the time
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    It's like people forget that other people can and will be better at a game than they are. So when a bunch of known skilled players easily beat something, they feel they should be able to as well. But that's not how life goes now is it. I myself havent done show up or showdown because why bother. So this really doesn't effect me. But that's how the community seems to feel these days and it is sad.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    i'm on the fence. part of me wishes they wouldn't have caved. the other part understands where people are coming from. BUT now it has gone from a challenge to really just a fight with the 4* cap being gone.

i honestly don't think i'll have as much fun next week. i enjoyed getting to fight the same fight that the "elite" will be. it was a gauge of my own skill to which i surprisingly found out i'm not that bad lol. i was among the first (if not the first) to beat it with Colossus.

still ... i can appreciate a company that listens to the feedback of its community. i know how tough that can be trying to get it right for everyone. but some things are nerf appropriate and some not so much. Act 6 DEFINITELY nerf appropriate .. but this ... uhhh ... yeah i'm on the fence leaning towards not really nerf appropriate.
    SteelMan said:

SteelMan said:

Aayush19 said:

I think we should receive back at least the items we used. Ridiculous. I defeated it with a 4 star team.

Using items was a choice, not a requirement.
    Is the C word your kryptonite? Why do you get so triggered by it? I really wanna know why do you do this?
    Compensation is for actual issues. Not for people rushing to do content right away, complaining about, claiming there isn't "any counters", complaining about it more, ignoring people who did it itemless and then still complaining about until Kabam nerfs the content into the ground.

Compensation is for the server issues we had. Those are MAJOR issues that caused a ton a grief. This was a piece of content that costs zero energy and was made to be a challenge. Now, with being able to use 5 and 6 stars, it's easier than the side quest for more 5* shards and way more gold.

No one had to use items, no one had to use units. You can restart and try as much as you wanted for 45 days. Can't beat it? Take a step back and wait and see what others are doing. There were tons of solos yet the majority kept complaining so Kabam made changes.

I'm all for compensation for when we deserve it, not for when we whine about it because we can't beat it in 10 seconds.
    question, can you keep restarting it since it has 0 energy with r1 lvl1 4*? if not, then do you know how much does it cost to rank up (ONE) 4* to r5 50?
    if the 4* restriction is still there, it would be fine for me, but since it will be removed, there should be compensation to people who spent resources upgrading a 4* for not just one week event, but for one specific fight!!
    Still disagree.
    ok, convince me otherwise by doing it AFTER the nerf with r1 10 and upload it to Youtube, otherwise stop mentioning me, if you disagree with me hit that button, like I care lol
    I didn't mention you. If I wanted to do that i'd do this @SteelMan . I quoted you. You keep choosing to respond back to me. You have a right to express your opinion. I didn't tell you that you couldn't make that opinion unlike you, who is basically saying that I can't express mine. This is a public forum. Gonna have to get used to it.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Here's my honest opinion on this:

Showdown difficulty is perfect. There are big rewards at stake, so no one minds ranking up the 4*s for it and only the most skilled players stand a chance.

Now Show Up difficulty is another story. Kabam made it seem like something that most summoners would be able to do for "Epic Rewards". The difficulty honestly wasn't bad. I didn't have great options ranked up but I could've gotten it down in a couple revives. If the rewards really were "Epic", I would've been totally fine with ranking someone up or using some revives, but that would've been a total waste of resources for the rewards available.

I'm glad to see Kabam listened to the community on this, but the fight just wasn't fun and they kind of nerfed this fight to the ground rather than just making the fight worthwhile or enjoyable.

Imo, keeping the healthpool and 4* requirement as is would've been absolutely fine if they replaced the coldsnap node with power shield and beefed up the rewards a bit. That would've made the fight enjoyable and worthwhile for me, but these nerfs are better than nothing I guess.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Here's my honest opinion on this:

Showdown difficulty is perfect. There are big rewards at stake, so no one minds ranking up the 4*s for it and only the most skilled players stand a chance.

Now Show Up difficulty is another story. Kabam made it seem like something that most summoners would be able to do for "Epic Rewards". The difficulty honestly wasn't bad. I didn't have great options ranked up but I could've gotten it down in a couple revives. If the rewards really were "Epic", I would've been totally fine with ranking someone up or using some revives, but that would've been a total waste of resources for the rewards available.

I'm glad to see Kabam listened to the community on this, but the fight just wasn't fun and they kind of nerfed this fight to the ground rather than just making the fight worthwhile or enjoyable.

Imo, keeping the healthpool and 4* requirement as is would've been absolutely fine if they replaced the coldsnap node with power shield and beefed up the rewards a bit. That would've made the fight enjoyable and worthwhile for me, but these nerfs are better than nothing I guess.

P.S, I had trouble posting this comment. Sorry if it's a double post.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

i'm on the fence. part of me wishes they wouldn't have caved. the other part understands where people are coming from. BUT now it has gone from a challenge to really just a fight with the 4* cap being gone.

i honestly don't think i'll have as much fun next week. i enjoyed getting to fight the same fight that the "elite" will be. it was a gauge of my own skill to which i surprisingly found out i'm not that bad lol. i was among the first (if not the first) to beat it with Colossus.

still ... i can appreciate a company that listens to the feedback of its community. i know how tough that can be trying to get it right for everyone. but some things are nerf appropriate and some not so much. Act 6 DEFINITELY nerf appropriate .. but this ... uhhh ... yeah i'm on the fence leaning towards not really nerf appropriate.

There's still the Show Down difficulty which has remained untouched though. Even though I agree the nerf might have been a bit too much, I still think this is a good solution. Allows a greater number of people to do the content while keeping a challenge for the people who want it.
    HI_guys said:

Simply removing 4* restriction might have been enough. But that can still alienate players. And this is supposed to be a community wide celebration and that's why they had to do it.

Those complaining that it's too easy can go play the showdown difficulty

But in the same sense, wouldn't those complaining about how hard it is, just stick to beginner difficulty in monthly EQ's?
  • Closing this thread because it's basically the same as the other one. Let's keep this convo in here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/216897/show-up-difficulty-feedback-title-edited-for-clarity
This discussion has been closed.