**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best way to avoid compensation

odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★
edited August 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
For everyone that already beat showdown they should just let us keep the rewards we already got and then still be able to do the new one and get rewards. Saves you guys from having to decide on what compensation should be
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★
    Ya then people can’t say you didn’t give me enough or I used more than that. If you beat it you got the extra rewards if you didn’t that’s it. Seems fair enough to me
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    What compensation are you talking about?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    Best way to avoid it would be to leave it and not change it
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Maybe. I assume the other concern would be people that made the attempt and used resources but failed to complete.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    terrible idea, because then players who were not able to do it for whatever reason lost out on the extra rewards.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    I like this ideas this I’m all for
  • Primis00Primis00 Posts: 265 ★★★
    Lormif said:

terrible idea, because then players who were not able to do it for whatever reason lost out on the extra rewards.

But they didnt have to spend items to get trough a fight that was very tough
    njandy said:

you should never be be compensated in a mode that’s supposed to be a tournament setting. spending units, potions, boosts and money in a tournament setting should be considered cheating. there’s no skill in “i spent 8 revives and 250 glory on that fight!! i want compensation”. whole summoner showdown in my eyes is a joke

Except this wasnt the tournament. This was the side thing that was harder then it should have been. I just want the items i spent back since its now going to be much easier.
    Primis00 said:

Lormif said:

So? they didnt have the chance to even try in many cases, and not everyone had to spend to complete it.
    Lormif said:

Primis00 said:

Lormif said:

So? they didnt have the chance to even try in many cases, and not everyone had to spend to complete it.
    Then its compensation for the time they spent getting trough it.
    Primis00 said:

Lormif said:

Primis00 said:

Lormif said:

That is not how compensation works, it is to make you whole, compensation you for losses, not grant you rewards.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Primis00 said:

Lormif said:

Primis00 said:

Lormif said:

Primis00 said:

Lormif said:

That is not how compensation works, it is to make you whole, compensation you for losses, not grant you rewards.
    Either way. I spent items on a much harder fight and i want those items back since i wouldnt have had to use them if the fight was this much easier in the first place.
    Why did you use them ? It was free.
    Onmix said:

Primis00 said:

Lormif said:

Primis00 said:

Lormif said:

Primis00 said:

Lormif said:

Either way. I spent items on a much harder fight and i want those items back since i wouldnt have had to use them if the fight was this much easier in the first place.
    Why did you use them ? It was free.
    Because i got him down to 40% in one try and decided to finish it with revives. Had i known he was getting nerfed i would have backed out and waited.
    edited August 2020
    Onmix said:

But that was your decision. How is it Kabam’s fault what you choose to do ?

Its their decision to now make the fight much easier. Had it been released in its nerfed state. It would be fine.
    Same reason why they are compensating people for the 6.2 champion boss. A lot of people got trough but had to use many items so they deserve those items back.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Donnymeij said:

It is a little trickier than that.
    The only way in which this would be fair if they would also keep the 1 harder fight. So all summoners who decided to take the full 30+ days to practise and not put items in it would still get a chance to do so.

I think this is a good idea too. Make it so that you have to get through the SS to get access to the rest of the SU.
  • Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147
    No one needs compensation for this, no one who could finish that needed 3k 5* shards so spending on it is bad regardless of the nerf, and if you completed it without spending you already got what you wanted, which is the satisfaction of completing it because again, you didn't do it for the rewards.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    wait can someone explain op's post? I actually don't understand it lol(not saying it's not a good idea. I genuinely don't get it)

wait can someone explain op's post? I actually don't understand it lol(not saying it's not a good idea. I genuinely don't get it)

he wants double the rewards, because he fought it on the harder mode.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

he wants double the rewards, because he fought it on the harder mode.
    oh. now that I reread it, that's very clear. I'm very dumb sorry for wasting your time
    No I’m not saying I want double rewards. I’m just trying to avoid the whole compensation issue. It’s what would happen yes. But that wasn’t the point of the post. The point was to try and get around the whole compensation issue and then the aftermath of people not being happy with it
    Or like the one guy said leave it up the whole 30 days so everyone can try to beat it but still do a new easier one that more people have a chance to beat
    odogg9941 said:

Or like the one guy said leave it up the whole 30 days so everyone can try to beat it but still do a new easier one that more people have a chance to beat

they cannot do that, as Mike stated in another post, it is not that easy.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Not a bad idea actually. Problem with this is the people who will complain about people “grtting double rewards”. This community is so backwards and petty I can see it. Lol

There is no reason to complain about double rewards when they are earned. Those who completed it did so on a harder level than those doing it on the nerfed version. This is by far the best solution