Champion Spotlight - Guardian [Corrected July 5]

2»

Comments

• KnightSurvivorKnightSurvivor Posts: 4
    Awesome
  • DaphboyDaphboy Posts: 427 ★★
    Just got him as a 5*, very excited! Unfortunately I used a tech ag on warlock last night for prestige after months of holding it for sentinel or a new champ. Of course when I resign to using it I pull someone who would benefit more😅. I do have a generic, but he doesn’t strike me as a champ that NEEDS his sig to do most of what he does really well.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 534 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit seems like there is an issue with Guardians auto-block not triggering properly.

Going against WS at 6 charges 100% of the time WS sp2 was not being blocked
    Rotelly said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit seems like there is an issue with Guardians auto-block not triggering properly.

Also on this note and I believe it was mentioned earlier, can we get clarification as to whether it is only the first hit of a special that has a chance to autoblock? Or is it each hit having a chance to autoblock?

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,030 ★★★★★
    In case anyone is interested in what Domino does with that block proficiency synergy. 😂

Video:
  • slackerslacker Posts: 264 ★★
    edited August 4
    Rotelly said:

Like his ability said, the chance his auto block active is maximum 75% even you have 100 charge, so you got unlucky 25%
    slacker said:

Rotelly said:

Like his ability said, the chance his auto block active is maximum 75% even you have 100 charge, so you got unlucky 25%
    You are missing part of the root of the question. When does auto-block trigger?

I did some testing and it looks like auto-block will only trigger on the first hit of a special attack. If the first hit is evaded it will not trigger for the rest of the special attack.
    Notice that any special attack where the first hit was evaded would not autoblock but anytime i was close enough for the first hit to connect the entire special attack was autoblocked

It looks like there is an issue with Guardians shock damage being tested as a DoT effect and triggering power gain on cornered nodes.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,986 ★★★★★
    edited August 9
    Rotelly said:

It looks like there is an issue with Guardians shock damage being tested as a DoT effect and triggering power gain on cornered nodes.

That's not a bug.

Red Hulk, Invisible Woman, and Captain Marvel Movie all inflict bursts of damage after each attack; and it counts as DoT for Cornered nodes (or, more helpfully, the Tick Tock daily quest).

What else would it be?

I think they probably all trigger Ghulk's Face Me, too.

Rotelly said:

That's not a bug.

Red Hulk, Invisible Woman, and Captain Marvel Movie all inflict bursts of damage after each attack; and it counts as DoT for Cornered nodes (or, more helpfully, the Tick Tock daily quest).

What else would it be?

Should it work against debuff immune nodes?
    @Kabam Miike now that you have had a chance to look at guardian can we get some info on how his auto-block behaves for special attacks and the interaction with his shock on critical hits?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,986 ★★★★★
    edited August 13
    Rotelly said:

Rotelly said:

That's not a bug.

What else would it be?

Should it work against debuff immune nodes?
    Yes it should - they're all passive effects. Hence my query about Face Me, but can't confirm.

Nightcrawler inflicts a similar type of damage - he inflicts instant passive bleeds which are an instant 'tick' of damage and can inflict bleed damage on debuff-immune nodes, or champs immune to bleed debuff damage (like Corvus). He's not the most amazing champ, but he was brilliant against the Rhino in RTTL who had safeguard and was immune to all Debuffs.
  • Rotelly said:

Notice that any special attack where the first hit was evaded would not autoblock but anytime i was close enough for the first hit to connect the entire special attack was autoblocked

Thanks for sharing your video. The team is looking into this issue and working to find a solution for it.

Rotelly said:

Thanks for sharing your video. The team is looking into this issue and working to find a solution for it.
    @Kabam Zibiit any info from the team on this?
  • Rotelly said:

Rotelly said:

The team has a fix that should be ready for the next update.

Rotelly said:

Rotelly said:

The team has a fix that should be ready for the next update.
    @Kabam Zibiit can we confirm that the fix went in? I see it in the release notes but not seeing it work when the first hit fails to connect either to evade or distance
    Definitely seems to be operating the same as before. If the first hit doesn’t connect, the autoblock never triggers. I just tested it against ws sp2 7 times with over 6 force fields and it never once triggered autoblock when I avoided the first hit and took the bullets to the face.