**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Regarding changes to Domino

Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
So apparently she can only perfect block when under lucky.
But I have been able to start the fight with a perfect parry countless number of times.

No speculations but am I missing something? Something to do with just parry?

Comments

• Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    There's a mastery that gives 1% chance to perfect block, goes upto 4% when you invest points into it. I think that might be why . I've got only 1 point in it but I've gotten perfect parries plenty of times with several champs , I guess it's bound to happen when we play the game .
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Pratham02 said:

There's a mastery that gives 1% chance to perfect block, goes upto 4% when you invest points into it. I think that might be why . I've got only 1 point in it but I've gotten perfect parries plenty of times with several champs , I guess it's bound to happen when we play the game .

Maybe it is that. I'll have to look into whether it's maxed or not but alright. Could be some misunderstanding on my part. Would still like to know if anyone else could rather frequently get perfect block /parry with domino without lucky
    Okay I have more questions now.
    Here is what domino's abilities say.

NO mention of *Lucky*. Just x block proficiency was required to perfect block.

While this is what has been said

Even under the description of the lucky passive.. There was no mention of "perfect block and 10% power" stuff.

Would appreciate some answers.. Maybe I'm still missing something
    Here are my masteries for reference

My only question is, it has nowhere been stated that being lucky is a necessity for a perfect block with domino. Just the block proficiency mastery and (infact) 1 point of the in perfect block seems to be fine regardless of being lucky or not. Would love some insight from domino pros
    Greekhit said:

Domino RIP 🙁
    Kabam should better add something to her abilities (like higher critical bleed chance) to balance this nerf.
    Else rank down tickets are required. Changing a champ to after 2+ years of releasing justifies them at all 😠

I'm trying not to jump to conclusions. Just curious as to why it was mentioned in the latest post that lucky is a pre requisite to perfect block when it never was. (and no I'm not asking for those cursed items)
  • DankedaDankeda Posts: 18
    edited August 2020

I don’t think lucky is required. Might just give a greater chance because of increased block proficiency
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

Greekhit said:

Domino RIP 🙁
    Kabam should better add something to her abilities (like higher critical bleed chance) to balance this nerf.
    Else rank down tickets are required. Changing a champ to after 2+ years of releasing justifies them at all 😠

I'm trying not to jump to conclusions. Just curious as to why it was mentioned in the latest post that lucky is a pre requisite to perfect block when it never was. (and no I'm not asking for those cursed items)
    I was never asking for them either, but I’m using Domino for 2 years now as a 5/65. Changing something to worse after all this time is at least annoying😠

• QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    We demand tickets of the downward kind
    Dankeda said:

I don’t think lucky is required. Might just give a greater chance because of increased block proficiency

Here ot says it *required* Lucky for that to activate @Dankeda won't get additional block proficiency without lucky.. Just max roll and the Mastery
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    This is a nerf and we should get a Rank down ticket. It's total BS. It's already been two years since she was released and they just decided to nerf her after using so much resources.

Greekhit said:

Domino RIP 🙁
    Domino was always able to roll perfect blocks without needing to being lucky.

Was wondering when these BS comments would start.
    Not my fault man I'm just pointing stuff out... Don't care about **t but I'd just expect some clarity ngl
    Mayis said:

Right now her abilities only are not enough. U need block proficiency mastery to do that perfect block. After change u'll be able to get that blocks by yourself, but only when lucky (bc it adds some block prof too).

BUT!! U still can do blocks with 0 damage if your block prof is high via synergies and masteries, u just will not gain 10% bonus power.

Again, I'm just saying that in the update post they mention the necessity of lucky for the perfect block which may not be the case. Oh and I'm pretty sure synergies won't affect her block proficiency maybe. Basically my point is
    Lucky was never required, had it been mentioned that its there for the sake of balance, it'd make sense
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    I don't think clamoring for Rank down tickets is justified yet. We should see whether there is any appreciable difference before claiming she is nerfed. The tricky part is that since her abilities are somewhat RNG based, its easy for an individual experience to experience not having Perfect Block anymore, while others see no change.

Still, I don't really understand the block proficiency calculations, as they currently are. Per AuntM.ai, Domino (as R5 5*) has:
    #Base block proficiency = 3150.
    #Benefit from up to +1400 block proficiency selected at random.
    #Being Lucky increases block proficiency (+370.59 block proficiency).

3150 (base) + 1400 (max) = 4550.
    4550 + 370.59 = 4920.59

Since "A block with 5677.79 block proficiency or higher results in Perfect block", it does seem like even if everything aligns (you get the max random as well as being lucky), you wouldn't qualify to get a Perfect Block. So it does seem like it requires another source (Eg. Mastery) traditionally in order to get the perfect block.

"With the new version, we’ve removed the need for the Block Proficiency mastery in order to activate the ability". Not sure how they are doing the calculation, but maybe they will be decreasing the Perfect Block requirement (4920.59 instead of 5677.79). But who knows.
    Mayis said:

Mayis said:

Right now her abilities only are not enough. U need block proficiency mastery to do that perfect block. After change u'll be able to get that blocks by yourself, but only when lucky (bc it adds some block prof too).

BUT!! U still can do blocks with 0 damage if your block prof is high via synergies and masteries, u just will not gain 10% bonus power.

Again, I'm just saying that in the update post they mention the necessity of lucky for the perfect block which may not be the case. Oh and I'm pretty sure synergies won't affect her block proficiency maybe. Basically my point is
    Lucky was never required, had it been mentioned that its there for the sake of balance, it'd make sense
    I dont try to shame u for question, I just want to clarify this :)

You understood everything right: Lucky was never a requirement. Her abilities say "if u have X block prof u get perfect block". u could've get that X amount with high block prof bonus + masteries + synergies, or with High block prof bonus + lucky. After rebalance u'll need Highest block prof bonus + lucky, but will not need Masteries or synergies. So it all depends on Domino's abilities and will not be affected by external sources, like Guardian synergy.
    U still will benefit from Guardian synergy as it lowers taken damage on block, but u will not be able to get 10% power that often anymore.

We can call it a some kind of nerf bc it requires lucky now. I think requiring Highest block prof roll should've been enough.
    Yeah I guess. Although x was achieved by just the block prof roll + masteries. No lucky or synergies. But yeah. Low-key nerf I reckon but whatever too tired of all this lol. Would *still* love official clarity on the post though. That was sketchy
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

ZEN said:

This is a nerf and we should get a Rank down ticket. It's total BS. It's already been two years since she was released and they just decided to nerf her after using so much resources.

She's not going to work any different than before. Her abilities just won't interact with Guardians synergy. Shes the EXACT SAME CHAMP. You didn't rank her up for her block, you ranked her up for her attack abilities. You people are so ridiculous. You don't take time to understand the changes or read the threads, just go off comments and then start asking for RDT's. This community gets worse and worse every single day.
    Calm down man I know you hate everyone here. You can simply ignore them and maybe acknowledge the lack of clarity here. 🤔
    Also, my other 2 comments were not directed at you. Asking for clarity is fine. But jumping the gun like the other 2 posters, is not.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I totally agreed. I have been able to get perfect block/parries many many times throughout the whole fight, and I only have 1 point under Perfect Block. I have a R2 6* Domino, and one of her main stats is that amazing block proficiency and perfect block/parries she gets many times in a fight, thus saving potions in the short and long terms. I can guarantee you, in her current state, Domino has gotten perfect block/parries and taking zero damage without needing the Lucky passive, and i have several videos to support my claim.

I can't believe they are nerfing her blocking abilities after 2 years of being released. All they have to do in Guardian Northern synergy is specify "Applies to all champions, except Domino", and problem solved.

ZEN said:

She's not going to work any different than before. Her abilities just won't interact with Guardians synergy. Shes the EXACT SAME CHAMP. You didn't rank her up for her block, you ranked her up for her attack abilities. You people are so ridiculous. You don't take time to understand the changes or read the threads, just go off comments and then start asking for RDT's. This community gets worse and worse every single day.
    She is not going to work any different than before? How are you so sure about that?
    In Kabam Mike’s official announcement states that Domino can roll perfect block while she is lucky.
    Since Domino was released to now she was able to perform perfect block regardless of being lucky.
    So she is not the “EXACT SAME CHAMP”.
    Also who are you to talk why people have ranked her up?
    As an early Domino owner/user I considered seriously her ability to roll perfect blocks/power gain when I raked 5 her.
    And her perfect blocks are in fact part of her attacking abilities, since the power gain from these is the main way to chain critical bleeds with specials.
    You seem so irrelevant with Dominos abilities. Go back read her abilities, play with her and then come back with a constructive comment, that adds something to the discussion other than hate 🤫
    Mayis said:

altavista said:

I don't think clamoring for Rank down tickets is justified yet. We should see whether there is any appreciable difference before claiming she is nerfed. The tricky part is that since her abilities are somewhat RNG based, its easy for an individual experience to experience not having Perfect Block anymore, while others see no change.

Still, I don't really understand the block proficiency calculations, as they currently are. Per AuntM.ai, Domino (as R5 5*) has:
    #Base block proficiency = 3150.
    #Benefit from up to +1400 block proficiency selected at random.
    #Being Lucky increases block proficiency (+370.59 block proficiency).

3150 (base) + 1400 (max) = 4550.
    4550 + 370.59 = 4920.59

Since "A block with 5677.79 block proficiency or higher results in Perfect block", it does seem like even if everything aligns (you get the max random as well as being lucky), you wouldn't qualify to get a Perfect Block. So it does seem like it requires another source (Eg. Mastery) traditionally in order to get the perfect block.

"With the new version, we’ve removed the need for the Block Proficiency mastery in order to activate the ability". Not sure how they are doing the calculation, but maybe they will be decreasing the Perfect Block requirement (4920.59 instead of 5677.79). But who knows.

If I understood their announcement right, there is no perfect block amount requirement. U just need the highest value selected at random — 1400. U may disable all masteries and synergies and still get perfect blocks. To "balance" this, they added "Lucky" requirement.
    If they have added the lucky requirement then literally rip Domino.
    The power gain from perfect blocks while under a bar of power was one of her biggest assets.
    Bye bye mega bleeds chaining 😠
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

ZEN said:

Calm down man I know you hate everyone here. You can simply ignore them and maybe acknowledge the lack of clarity here. 🤔
    I don't hate everyone. In fact, I hate very, very few people. I dislike knee-jerk reactions like asking for RDT's because people don't understand the changes.
    Jumping to conclusions and ppl asking for RDT is crazy, but in the official statement it says she won't be changed but lists a change. That part does warrant some kind of explanation. I use Domino and Longshot all the time. Domino didn't just get perfect block on "Lucky" previously. I don't think asking for some clarity is too much to ask. This game has so many interactions that I doubt any single player knows all of them off the top of their head. That's why an explanation is needed so ppl can better understand what's going on. I've never cared for the way Kabam announces changes to champs. A lot of times one sentence listed in the updates causes more confusion than necessary. If they took the time to explain these changes better in the announcement I think it would help prevent some of the confusion. Nobody likes to see changes to their champs especially if they don't know why the change is needed and how it will affect the champ.
    The mega thread had all the back and forth with Miike and community. Seems this change came from that discussion.
    Some of my replies never made it here, but I would just appreciate some clarity as to why it was stated that lucky is a pre requisite when it isn't. That's all I ask for, transparency.