**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let's take a collective deep breath

Here's what we know.

1) Rank down tickets.

Kabam says it's not gunna happen

2) People are irate with the new AW system.

Kabam says they are working very hard to correct AW and they need more time

3) People think Kabam is a money hungry (insert any number of insults) business

They do probably need to pay their employees and show a profit.

4) People (and I'm absolutely included) feel that the moderator's over-censor the forums

Adora has expressed that Kabam is adding more staff to the team and genuinely is trying to hear our constructive opinions and address them accordingly

5) We are obviously a passionate group.

If this weren't the case then I doubt you would be on the forums.

The take-away?

This game has periods of flux, sometimes new things come out that are really cool and sometimes things get released that just make you really scratch your head... However at the end of the day, I have 29 team mates with 29 different lives and schedules and somehow we have managed to find a way to keep on keeping on.

At first people were in an uproar but with some possible answers coming from the Kabam team on the horizon and AW starting today and AQ around the corner maybe a collective deep breath is in order while we are in a period of flux.

If you want to protest with your wallet, do so.

If you want to take a break from the game, hopefully you will come back to something that is more enjoyable.

But let's put this pot on simmer for a little while until we see the fixes the team can put together.

I for one am moderately optimistic...

Comments

• PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Very true. Kabam is definitely trying. They did great up until 12.0, and then they seemed to be a little off in all the stuff they did. That seems to be changing again. We're headed back down a good road. I'm still going to be critical of Kabam's screw-ups, such as the new AW, but things are definitely better than they were a little bit ago. I'm slowly regaining faith in Kabam.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    "Fixes"

Good time to mention, if it ain't broke don't fix it? That alone creates the frustration. 12.0, AW 1.0, nerfs to champs or masteries. Some changes are always needed to keep the interest, but its usually the simplest of things. Drastically altering everything players enjoy is another.
    Not to mention devaluing purchases or hard committed work to things like champs, masteries, etc.

Server maintenance, bugs, and glitches I can be patient with while they repair.

I respect your optimism and understand your intentions with the thread. But until Kabam/Netmarble gets on the same mind set of the players the frustrations will always be there.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Collective... REALLY REALLY????????????????????????????????????????
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Sky_kitty wrote: »
    I don't think you play much or see what is really going on...you do understand that nothing is working good anymore? Masteries and champions are constatly nerfed,silently of course. When we want answers we always get "we are working on it". For bugs and lags that are here for months.but they are really fast when there is bug that does a bit good for us.an hour later there is emergency maintenance. We want simple answers,being able to play normal and we want that they start to listen to us. Is that too much to ask???

what champs have been nerfed?
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    I don't think you play much or see what is really going on...you do understand that nothing is working good anymore? Masteries and champions are constatly nerfed,silently of course. When we want answers we always get "we are working on it". For bugs and lags that are here for months.but they are really fast when there is bug that does a bit good for us.an hour later there is emergency maintenance. We want simple answers,being able to play normal and we want that they start to listen to us. Is that too much to ask???

Like X23's bleed.
  • MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★

I've been playing for a year and a half now, spent more money then I'd probably even want to know, have been through the ringer with 'help tickets,' watched countless bugs rip up my game, lost some great players due to their frustrations with the game, even took a step back for a few months myself when the nerf came through...I've said all my points in the original post and for the most part I agree with everyone.

Maybe I should have ended with I'm very cautiously optimistic...
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    edited September 2017
    Here's what we know.

1) Rank down tickets.

Kabam says it's not gunna happen

2) People are irate with the new AW system.

Kabam says they are working very hard to correct AW and they need more time

3) People think Kabam is a money hungry (insert any number of insults) business

They do probably need to pay their employees and show a profit.

4) People (and I'm absolutely included) feel that the moderator's over-censor the forums

Adora has expressed that Kabam is adding more staff to the team and genuinely is trying to hear our constructive opinions and address them accordingly

5) We are obviously a passionate group.

If this weren't the case then I doubt you would be on the forums.

That is exactly what Ad0ra and the other moderators said and kept saying without any action ever coming during the 12.0 debacle until we as a community finally took action with #boycottMCOC and doing an end around and taking our concerns directly to the Marvel Exec's. Hopefully it will not come to that this time but it is increasing looking like it will have to.

I for one am moderately optimistic...

It is fine to be optimistic during a disaster but if nothing changes you eventually are going to need to take action or you will be swept under.
  • Bahhahahahahahhahahahah..............

Oh wait, you were serious?
  • Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    OP - thank you. We should have more information on AW soon.

No, those things are certainly not too much to ask for. But what silent nerfs are you referring to? For problems with champions that are a bug, those aren't intentional. It's sad that you might think that, and we realize that some of these bugs may take us much longer to resolve than players would like - but some of them are very complex and pervasive bugs. This never means they're intentional or something we don't want to fix.

Ad0ra, why are your posts showing up as a players and not a moderators (orange color)
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »

No, those things are certainly not too much to ask for. But what silent nerfs are you referring to? For problems with champions that are a bug, those aren't intentional. It's sad that you might think that, and we realize that some of these bugs may take us much longer to resolve than players would like - but some of them are very complex and pervasive bugs. This never means they're intentional or something we don't want to fix.

Ad0ra, why are your posts showing up as a players and not a moderators (orange color)

Second time I seen font color mentioned. Are you by chance on your phone? From my computer her font color is orange
  • Yes. On phone but MIIKE'S post from minutes ago shows orange just as all other moderators... just not Ad0ras for some reason.
    Desktop she is orange, on my iphone she isnt
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »

how about X-23's bleed?????
    vision not getting power steal from using his specials
    or how about DS who's dead right now???
    How about gwenpool getting killed from specials
    Ultron not getting regen in AQ
    or carnage who's probably the worst champ ever made this year
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I'm fairly optimistic. The best the game ever was at happened to be right before 12.0.

Yes there were god tier characters, but most people were ok with that because it meant that if you got lucky and pulled a god tier character you could run with it and do a lot of content.

I'm not mad about 12.0 either, but there has been a lot of bug fixing since then, and some stuff I didn't understand (like all the zeroed out categories in champion stats at this moment).

So, I know Kabam is capable of making the game fun and stable, it's just not there right now. Really just needs some more updates.

Particularly to defensive walls. They have absolutely no place in the game right now (Antman anyone? Luke Cage? Colossus?). Also, several champions who relied on being hit with criticals to function (Groot, Blackbolt) need to be updated because you can't critical through blocks anymore.

Once the updates catch up everything will be fine. If not... well then the game ends, and I don't think Kabam or the playerbase wants that.
    Thanks for all the posts everyone, happy to start a thread to further the conversation and I think threads like this help the community as a whole. We may not agree with each other or kabam sometimes or ever but there has been a ton more insightful and interesting perspectives then I expected.
  • I also agree with the removal of the penalty for Defense Kills because it encouraged the reason for the need for Diversity. With so much emphasis on what Champs gain kills the fastest, it created a scenario where the majority of Rosters were ignored. It also made for a very unfair playable experience for other Players. Some call it requiring skill. I disagree. It was a situation where overpowering with Defense meant discouraging people from participating in Attack altogether.
    Whatever changes come, I hope that people can look at them with an open mind. Change is different. It always is. It takes a perspective of giving it a chance. In a game like this, nothing rarely stays the same forever, and the issues that came about took years to develop. When Wars came about, things were different. When 6*s are playable, they will be different still. It's new but there are reasons for it.

I think this statement is what has been dividing the community and where you can truly see the gap between the lower, introductory players and the higher, veteran players. What your saying makes total sense to me from a lower ranked perspective (and by that I am in no way saying I think you are a lower ranked player), but from my standpoint, tier 1 wars became a joke. Now I know this is 100% subjective, but my alliance as a whole enjoyed tier 1. Sure we got beat up sometimes and ended up facing a few top 20 alliances due to the coordination in matchmaking by them, but at the end of the day, we are all into the MCOC version of PvP at its finest. In t1-t2 (most of the time) there really wasn't such thing as overpowering another with a defense to the extent that they are discouraged to join. Sure you face some really tough setups, but you come to expect it. The challenge created the comradery and chaos that made AW fun for those who appreciated a challenging PvP experience. Were our rosters diverse? Maybe. But did we care? No. Just like any other game, we operate under the impressions that not all characters/items will be useful for our play style.

I was pretty stoked to find out they were changing the map and the nodes and I was even a little excited for 5 mini bosses but the whole diversity thing still blows my mind. Heck, our last AW, some guy wrote in the chat something along the lines of "Well since the competitiveness has been removed, lets see who has the most diverse defense! No more trash talking!" AQ was already a chore, and now AW has become a chore. I respect you opinions sir (and the impressive amount of posts you have) but must disagree.