**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summer of Pain??? [Merged Threads]

Comments

• redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 162
    Personally, if i was an endgame player (im definitely not), i would still be ok with the delay. Rather have it done right then have it rushed to meet a tentative timeline. Sometimes there are delays. Were all seeing them everywhere. Just got to wait for it to come out. If they release it on time it will be rushed and then there would be complaints that its horrible, too hard or too easy. Better off waiting so it can be done the right way. And just to again put it out there, this is all my personal opinion
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Things get pushed back. It's not uncommon. Most dates are tentative because things are announced mid-process. It's disappointing when it happens, but understandable.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

They never explicitly stated it would be Summer for the US.

Right... like Kabam HQ is in the southern hemisphere and they relate their times/seasons to it...

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

They never explicitly stated it would be Summer for the US.

Right... like Kabam HQ is in the southern hemisphere and they relate their times/seasons to it...

Sure. But they never explicitly stated it. Just like the title is only a working title, and not set in stone as the final event name. Even then this was discussed in a road map. And as we know roadmaps change depending on development schedules and priorities. Timelines change in games development all the time, I can speak to that from experience. It's why they never stamped a specific date on when it will happen.

At the end of the day, they're not cancelling the event, and there's already a lot of content coming between now and then.
    ItsDamien said:

Sure. But they never explicitly stated it. Just like the title is only a working title, and not set in stone as the final event name. Even then this was discussed in a road map. And as we know roadmaps change depending on development schedules and priorities. Timelines change in games development all the time, I can speak to that from experience. It's why they never stamped a specific date on when it will happen.

At the end of the day, they're not cancelling the event, and there's already a lot of content coming between now and then.

Look it totally get it. The title name to be adjusted but they specifically stated in the announcement: "Later this summer we’ll be throwing down the gauntlet to you, the best of the best, to take on this challenge. In reward, you’ll be adorned with some unique and intriguing rewards."

You can talk about semantics and what not about what "Summer" is and what it isn't but "Later this summer" for a company in Vancouver Canada really points to 'now or very soon to where we are at now'. Kabam has never been good about dates, it is what it is. All I am expressing is my 'disappoint'. Not whining about the content that exists, not demanding compensation for every little thing that could or does go wrong in this game. Love this game and was excited for this event and really hope it still happens soon (preferably in the 'summer' :D - which ends in 33 days)...
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Look it totally get it. The title name to be adjusted but they specifically stated in the announcement: "Later this summer we’ll be throwing down the gauntlet to you, the best of the best, to take on this challenge. In reward, you’ll be adorned with some unique and intriguing rewards."

You can talk about semantics and what not about what "Summer" is and what it isn't but "Later this summer" for a company in Vancouver Canada really points to 'now or very soon to where we are at now'. Kabam has never been good about dates, it is what it is. All I am expressing is my 'disappoint'. Not whining about the content that exists, not demanding compensation for every little thing that could or does go wrong in this game. Love this game and was excited for this event and really hope it still happens soon (preferably in the 'summer' :D - which ends in 33 days)...
    Road maps. Change.

Timelines. Change.

Content isn't cancelled.

Patience.

Is that simplified enough for you?
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    so summer of pain is only for the very end game player 100% act 6, 100% abyss right. cool
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    TRONG94 said:

ItsDamien said:

tafre said:

We haven't made an official announcement, because we haven't made a decision yet, but it may be delayed. There's a lot of content coming out right now (Summer Smackdowns, Back issue 5, Cav difficulty), and it might not make sense for it to happen right now. It also comes down to team capacity. I will confirm as soon as I can.

Posting this from the roadmap.

You guys gave the roadmap yourselves, nobody forced anybody. Too much content is such a ridiculous excuse to not release content just my opinion. I know no decision is made yet but this really feels like it will be delayed which is massively disappointing for me...
    So you'd rather have a content flood, followed by a content drought of nothing, than having content spread out a little more? Seems legit.
    Makes sense that contents shouldn't be released in a bulk. But... it is Kabam who gave out the roadmap, so it is their fault this time.
    And they also said that its subject to change. So it's not their fault this time.
  • Mattylo22Mattylo22 Posts: 6
    Aziz5253 said:

TRONG94 said:

ItsDamien said:

tafre said:

We haven't made an official announcement, because we haven't made a decision yet, but it may be delayed. There's a lot of content coming out right now (Summer Smackdowns, Back issue 5, Cav difficulty), and it might not make sense for it to happen right now. It also comes down to team capacity. I will confirm as soon as I can.

You guys gave the roadmap yourselves, nobody forced anybody. Too much content is such a ridiculous excuse to not release content just my opinion. I know no decision is made yet but this really feels like it will be delayed which is massively disappointing for me...
    So you'd rather have a content flood, followed by a content drought of nothing, than having content spread out a little more? Seems legit.
    Makes sense that contents shouldn't be released in a bulk. But... it is Kabam who gave out the roadmap, so it is their fault this time.
    And they also said that its subject to change. So it's not their fault this time.
    I'm new to the game; but is it the norm for players/customers in this game (assuming that these accounts defending 'Kabam's honor' are actual players) to defend a company so wholeheartedly? I can attest from experience that when you stop holding people accountable, things go down-hill quickly.

I would hope that those of you defending Kabam are doing so as you may personally benefit from "spreading out the content", rather than because you are all, excuse the terminology, "boot-lickers". When you have this many people on a game forum smashing that dislike button for a player bringing up a sincerely fair question, I question if this is a community/game I would want to be a part of, or more importantly, spend money on.

When techs, engineers, game designers, moderators or employees in general are not held accountable or worse yet have customers defending everything they do, accountability goes out the window- then everyone is wondering why a critical in game bug that negatively effects players doesn't get patched for months or are up in arms when a character or aspect of the game is changed as it wasn't in the companies best monetary interests. When that happens, you can blame the guys above. But keep puckering those lips!

What's worse is the moderators tone in his response. Like WTH is that about?

"Nothing is ever set in stone, and we were not shy about making that clear many times in the past. Delays will happen."

Really? Lmao. This is normal / okay? He sounds like a blast! I guess it just takes time to drink the kool-aid and get on the same page as some of you. (Enjoy the dislike button.)
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    Fall of Pain (new working title)
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Summer of Pain or any other content being delayed so that they don't have to deal with bugs is totally fine. I just wish they did something about the compensation revives and item cap. There literally is no use for compensation items if they're going to expire before you need to use them. I used them on V5 and still have content to do, but for those folks who have already done 100% of everything and are just waiting for Summer of Pain to use, it definitely sucks. There should be an increase in item cap or atleast such revives shouldn't expire. Compensation is kinda useless in that way.
    But again, if they take time and release content without bugs, kudos to them.
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    Mattylo22 said:

Aziz5253 said:

TRONG94 said:

ItsDamien said:

tafre said:

I'm new to the game; but is it the norm for players/customers in this game (assuming that these accounts defending 'Kabam's honor' are actual players) to defend a company so wholeheartedly? I can attest from experience that when you stop holding people accountable, things go down-hill quickly.

I would hope that those of you defending Kabam are doing so as you may personally benefit from "spreading out the content", rather than because you are all, excuse the terminology, "boot-lickers". When you have this many people on a game forum smashing that dislike button for a player bringing up a sincerely fair question, I question if this is a community/game I would want to be a part of, or more importantly, spend money on.

When techs, engineers, game designers, moderators or employees in general are not held accountable or worse yet have customers defending everything they do, accountability goes out the window- then everyone is wondering why a critical in game bug that negatively effects players doesn't get patched for months or are up in arms when a character or aspect of the game is changed as it wasn't in the companies best monetary interests. When that happens, you can blame the guys above. But keep puckering those lips!

What's worse is the moderators tone in his response. Like WTH is that about?

"Nothing is ever set in stone, and we were not shy about making that clear many times in the past. Delays will happen."

Really? Lmao. This is normal / okay? He sounds like a blast! I guess it just takes time to drink the kool-aid and get on the same page as some of you. (Enjoy the dislike button.)
    Wait, I don't get this.

I'm a boot licker for pointing out that they said the dates for stuff in roadmap was subject to change?

Welp, stonks!
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    Waiting throughout the Summer is the real Pain
    Summer is almost over Kabam needs to address us soon!

It's September 23rd and summer is officially over. Truly a painful wait for nothing.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Can you guys at least confirm it’s still coming? And at least say if it’s this year if it is
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Fall of Pain, baby. Let’s get it!
    There is still some optimism left but there won't be any if Kabam do not address this occurrence