**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What a **** policy Kabam has.

Guy in our alliance let his kid play on his phone, kid sold almost everything. Contacts Kabam almost immediately to try to have account restored and they say he can only give him the last 5 sold at level 1 / 1.

Dude spent real money on the content and gets some gold and **** champs as a warrently on said content. Don’t let your kids touch you phone folks, you could be out everything you’ve spent for.

Comments

• This is pretty scary as i have kids playing on my phone aswell. I have put alot of money in this game & if Kabam does not even want to help with something as simple as this it is really scary.
    What does it cost them to give him his full roster back? Its not like somone can gain anything by selling them.
  • Technically, you aren't supposed to let your kids play your account, because that is account sharing. Account sharing is not allowed explicitly because you are personally responsible for anything someone else does to your account. You are responsible whether it is a child, a blind person, your dog, your drunk friend, your ex-wife, or your third personality.

Do not give your account credentials to anyone else for any reason. Do not let someone else play your account. You are responsible. Treat your MCOC account like your Etrade account. Don't presume you can let someone else play with it and then call them to reverse the activity.

I sympathize with your losses, but there is a very specific policy that prohibits this activity and Kabam keeps repeating that policy over and over again, and yet people keep doing it and complaining when Kabam doesn't undo the damage that can be done. My only suggestion is you can try to contact one of the community reps (aka the forum mods) privately (they generally do not discuss support matters publicly) with your support ticket information and see if there is anything they can do. But in this situation I do not know if there is anything they can do under the governing policies of the game. Good luck.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    How is this Kabam's fault again?
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Not being rude or anything

But you guys need a password lock for MCoC
  • HuskerBuffHuskerBuff Posts: 6
    My kid plays on my phone all the time and I usually think it’s angry birds. Have caught him in Marvel a few times and shut it down.

Is it Kabam’s fault, no, but they are happy to take our money, but not happy to provide a service when something goes wrong. It would be a few key strokes to fix and they would be out nothing. Instead they make the guy start over or quit.

Good customer service is good business.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★

It's not but most companies value customers and try to work with them. It's not Wal-Mart's fault if you bought the wrong size pants but they refund or exchange them. Just an example of service not meant as a exact comparison.

How do you password lock an app on IPhone? This is a great idea. It would definitely save me future paranoia.
    DaMunk wrote: »

It's not but most companies value customers and try to work with them. It's not Wal-Mart's fault if you bought the wrong size pants but they refund or exchange them. Just an example of service not meant as a exact comparison.

Except instead of Walmart we are talking about a jewellery shop. And instead of pants, we are talking about diamonds.

Except instead of Walmart we are talking about a jewellery shop. And instead of pants, we are talking about diamonds.

No we are talking about digital content... diamonds appreciate in value, which is why you can insure your diamonds.

If you think digital cartoon characters and diamonds hold the same value then I don’t know what to tell you.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    HuskerBuff wrote: »

How do you password lock an app on IPhone? This is a great idea. It would definitely save me future paranoia.

There are apps for it I believe
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

No we are talking about digital content... diamonds appreciate in value, which is why you can insure your diamonds.

If you think digital cartoon characters and diamonds hold the same value then I don’t know what to tell you.

It's more like if you buy something and your kid breaks it, will the store refund it or give you a new one
    danielmath wrote: »

It's more like if you buy something and your kid breaks it, will the store refund it or give you a new one

Again, comparing digital content to physical is apples and oranges. The cost of customer satisfaction is minimal to restore digital content. Physical content is different.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Again, comparing digital content to physical is apples and oranges. The cost of customer satisfaction is minimal to restore digital content. Physical content is different.

agreed, he should get his account back imo
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    sorry , but we have 2 kids in this story , you and your friend :d
  • Was he doing it on purpose? I mean it's not that easy to go through every champ and sell them one by one to say it was an accident. This should an easy fix for kabam and earn them a gold star but the story seems fishy.
  • HuskerBuff wrote: »

You don't know that. First of all, it is almost certainly not just a couple keystrokes to restore someone's game account. It is almost certainly a fairly expensive operation that involves people doing things they normally do not do. To do this they are either doing it manually which could take a significant amount of time, or someone had to build a system to allow someone else to do it which itself would be expensive.

But it is not just the literal cost of doing the operation. There are operational controls and auditing that have to be built to manage and operationally govern the process. You don't want to put people in the position of having friends and relatives try to abuse the system. The actual total cost to do this could be substantial, and if they implemented a policy to allow this the cost to do it once is not the question: the cost to do it as many times per day as the number of requests they are likely to get is the actual cost, and that number is likely to be extremely high.

Google is a thousand times larger than Kabam, and might have tens of thousands of times more technical support resources. Try and call them one day and ask them to undelete a bunch of pictures you deleted from Google Photos after emptying the trash folder. It is certainly possible, and anyone that would like to have a debate with me about how clouds actually work is welcome to initiate one. I'm ready to discuss distributed object stores with you. But the difference between technically possible and operationally possible is the difference between getting your pictures back and not getting them back. I'm pretty sure you aren't getting them back.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Technically, you aren't supposed to let your kids play your account, because that is account sharing. Account sharing is not allowed explicitly because you are personally responsible for anything someone else does to your account. You are responsible whether it is a child, a blind person, your dog, your drunk friend, your ex-wife, or your third personality.

Do not give your account credentials to anyone else for any reason. Do not let someone else play your account. You are responsible. Treat your MCOC account like your Etrade account. Don't presume you can let someone else play with it and then call them to reverse the activity.

I sympathize with your losses, but there is a very specific policy that prohibits this activity and Kabam keeps repeating that policy over and over again, and yet people keep doing it and complaining when Kabam doesn't undo the damage that can be done. My only suggestion is you can try to contact one of the community reps (aka the forum mods) privately (they generally do not discuss support matters publicly) with your support ticket information and see if there is anything they can do. But in this situation I do not know if there is anything they can do under the governing policies of the game. Good luck.

I agree with this. I also sympathize. However, that policy is pretty unilateral for recovery, as far as I have seen. I can imagine that they empathized and offered that, but that's all they're allowed to do as Support. Aside from the legality of it, people assume responsibility when they allow their children to use their devices. I can understand that many people do, and I would never tell a parent what to do, or say not to. Just stating the fact that what happens as a result of that is on the parent.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    IIRC you have to be 13 or older to play MCOC (and do basically anything on the internet for that matter) so your friend violated two terms of service.
  • RealdealRealdeal Posts: 23
    edited September 2017
    Dna3000, If kabam already told him that they will give him back the last 5 champs, that means that they have both the time and technology ready to revert his account but they simply don't want too and that's the real issue here
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I agree that it is a **** policy. We all know and understand the "rules" and ToS. But like in life, **** happens sometimes. OP could very well be lying and pissed off someone who knew his account credentials, in which OP is 100% to blame. Or he could be telling the truth in the scenario described. Unfortunately Kabam probably has no way or would not want to deal with investigating further every circumstance of selling all your champs, so they chose to err against the player.

I think this is a mistake and the policy should be changed to a 1-time only restoration of champs sold at their original rank. If it happens twice, you're SOL. The only abuse a player could do from this is purposely sell their champs for shards to open another crystal. A simple fix would be whatever champion you opened from the shards for selling your champs would be removed. You might lose more shards then you started with but that's a compromise I'm sure most players would accept over the current policy. Other than that, it would help prevent situations that the OP (and many others before) may have gone through with all their champs being sold. Some account sharers might get a bigger safety net, but it would show a bigger "trust" from Kabam that they understand **** just happens in life and they won't punish harshly for that.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Not really. Support is only allowed to return the last 5 Unranked Champs. They do not have authorization, or possibly even access, to do more. That's all they've ever been able to do. Quite simply, we need to make sure our Accounts are safe.
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    I don't think it's as big of an issue as you guys say it is.
    Firstly, we're operating under the premise that it was actually his kid that sold the champs. Sorry, I don't trust any one at face value as a general rule, but these forums are crawling with people who lie and twist stories to try and get ahead. So whether it's true or not, I simply don't have much sympathy, and don't expect Kabam to sift through the layers to determine which cases are valid or not.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    I've heard that's what they've done to others too and only restored 5 champs. It sucks, but I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere. My kid once ordered some exotic movies on Cable and it was a pain getting them to remove those from the bill. I settled on them cancelling out 5 of the ones that were charged.
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263

That’s why you create an account with kabam I thought?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    If the device is unlocked you can launch the game with no password required. In fact, you can't even turn on that option without 3rd party apps.

And yes, they very well should have snapshots of accounts and be able to roll them back to the last known save. You may lose progress since that point, but it beats the alternative. But we all know Kabam has terrible support.

You have to watch out for yourself because they seem to care less about the players.

Technically i buy apples and oranges from the same store, and the refund policy for my kid accidentally buying 5,000 dollars worth of them from the fruit stall is the same: No Refund.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

You don't know that. First of all, it is almost certainly not just a couple keystrokes to restore someone's game account. It is almost certainly a fairly expensive operation that involves people doing things they normally do not do. To do this they are either doing it manually which could take a significant amount of time, or someone had to build a system to allow someone else to do it which itself would be expensive.

But it is not just the literal cost of doing the operation. There are operational controls and auditing that have to be built to manage and operationally govern the process. You don't want to put people in the position of having friends and relatives try to abuse the system. The actual total cost to do this could be substantial, and if they implemented a policy to allow this the cost to do it once is not the question: the cost to do it as many times per day as the number of requests they are likely to get is the actual cost, and that number is likely to be extremely high.

Google is a thousand times larger than Kabam, and might have tens of thousands of times more technical support resources. Try and call them one day and ask them to undelete a bunch of pictures you deleted from Google Photos after emptying the trash folder. It is certainly possible, and anyone that would like to have a debate with me about how clouds actually work is welcome to initiate one. I'm ready to discuss distributed object stores with you. But the difference between technically possible and operationally possible is the difference between getting your pictures back and not getting them back. I'm pretty sure you aren't getting them back.

Maybe Kabam should actually do this refund or restoration thing, and then blame the slow progress of bug fixes and poor update quality on these manual operations.

Funny how people want Kabam to go out of their way to look at individual player-induced issues, and then proceed to blame Kabam to not fixinf the bugs quick enough.
This discussion has been closed.