**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Solo Level Up Event (and 22-hr solo events in general)

HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
edited August 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
I like ranking up champs and I like earning units. This event has both of them. So I get ticked a bit whenever it takes longer to come on than it normally does.

It usually comes around after two or three 22-hr solo events. The last one took much longer than that. Today is the 3rd 22-hr event after the last Level Up event. Do you think it'll come next or later than that?

By the way, what's the point in making these events random? And I haven't noticed any new solo events other than the one with AW requirements, which obviously doesn't benefit players who don't do AW for whatever reason. Do we have updates on that?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
Β«1

Comments

• HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Whaaaat said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Whaaaat said:

Hieitaku said:

It usually comes around after two or three 22-hr solo events. The last one took much longer than that. Today is the 3rd 22-hr event after the last Level Up event. Do you think it'll come next or later than that?

IT'S RANDOM
    YOU CAN'T KNOW WHEN LEVEL UP WILL COME
    And this annoys people. Just stop making it random.
    I quoted this: It usually comes around after two or three 22-hr solo events. The last one took much longer than that. Today is the 3rd 22-hr event after the last Level Up event. Do you think it'll come next or later than that?

Why is he asking when I/we think when then next level up event will come?
    Yes, I did ask that. But notice that I didn't place that as the last question of the post. It was just meant to stir some curiousity, which I ultimately wanted to lead to the point on why these events are becoming less convenient to players.

To clarify what I meant by "less convenient", I mean most of the solo events that earn units require some form of grind. The Level Up event is the one with the least amount needed. And now it's the one least frequent to come around.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yeah I don't know what's gained by these coming up randomly instead of on a schedule, and I also don't know why Event Quest Completion even exists.
    Put them a scheduled rotation, remove Event Quest completion, happy community.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    All other solo events occur within 1-2days gap except level up
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Chovner said:

Yeah I don't know what's gained by these coming up randomly instead of on a schedule, and I also don't know why Event Quest Completion even exists.
    Put them a scheduled rotation, remove Event Quest completion, happy community.

• A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 β˜…β˜…β˜…

I’ve got a few guys waiting...πŸ‘€πŸ˜‚
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Hieitaku said:

I appreciate all the great things Kabam has given the players. I really do.

And I would very much like to have a good amount of trust in them to look into small but relevant issues like this. Also, I do hope this is not intentional and that they are looking into at least making these events more convenient to players.

What I would like to ask is for them to have some fairness and respond to posts like this with even the fraction of the quickness they would address a comment or post that violates any of the forum rules.

First. You realise it's the middle of the night for them right now?

Second. It's the weekend. They respond slower on weekends.

Third. They have discussed 22 hour events and how they are random many times. They've discussed in the diaries about changes and additions to solo events. Additions which will mean that Level up will be even less available.

• A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Can you please share a link, I need to read stuff before I make any claims against these things.

I don’t know how to link in other forum threads but here is a screenshot of another solo event related thread and a screenshot of Miike addressing it.

• WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Hieitaku said:

I appreciate all the great things Kabam has given the players. I really do.

And I would very much like to have a good amount of trust in them to look into small but relevant issues like this. Also, I do hope this is not intentional and that they are looking into at least making these events more convenient to players.

What I would like to ask is for them to have some fairness and respond to posts like this with even the fraction of the quickness they would address a comment or post that violates any of the forum rules.

You know what random means?
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I didn't realize the last part of my last comment sounded, based on the reactions and succeeding comments, as too demanding. And I phrased it as constructively as I can, to be honest. I'm just not going to explain too much of what I think and I'll just take whatever this game gives me and be content with it.

Even for people who've been living alone for months and somewhat look for some semblance of a constant feed of positive interactions from a gaming community, it is simply just a game.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It's not broken. Is just random
    Greekhit said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

It's Random, It's RNG....Oh just stop giving stupid excuses. Manipulation of RNG is very much possible, it's just algorithms which can be tweaked to make it in favour or against the player. Just ask any game developer and they can easily confirm this to you.

Yes because annoying your playerbase into complaining is the goal of all developers.

🀑

It doesn’t matter if their goal is to annoy their player base, since the outcome it’s still the same πŸ˜‰
    They have said they are working on 22h solo events, and they are free to have all the time needed to do so.
    Why not till then, they just don’t remove the 22h quest completion from the rotation at all? It’s a so simple quick fix that would make all happy till the updated solo events are available.
    They have ways to keep their player base happy, but they seem to ignore them and let frustration accumulate over time, leading to situations like last March outcry 😠
    Because they're working on a lot of other actual game changing features and improvements that have a higher priority. There's a work flow of priority in games development and this is likely much lower down on the list of things to do.
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Greekhit said:

Removing a 22h solo event that no one likes

speak for yourself
    TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

I got more revives this from this month's EQ than I have in the past months by far.

I don't understand people who feel the game is screwing them over on purpose, why not quit? Why put up with it?

Quit forum if you don't like seeing people complaining. Instead of asking people to quit game
    I never said I don't like people complaining? I'm just asking about people who believe in the conspiracy theories that Kabam is messing with the RNG.

I mean, I get it. It hurts to think there's no underlying reason why things seem to be going against you. It helps to believe that there must be nefarious reasons that you're not getting what you want. It just doesn't make it true.

Basically, Kabam has denied that there are any "algorithms" that mess with the RNG. You can choose to believe them or not. But if not, then why continue to play the game?
    Playing or not playing is individual choice. The game is awesome, but that doesn't meant all the steps taken by developers is always right, and can't be questioned.
    And if someone is putting his time and money on a product, he has right to question, criticise and seek clarity as consumer. One of the reason we have this forum.
    Instead you spout theories of RNG manipulating and baseless accusations that hold no weight. Criticising is fine when it's justified, and there is no justification with anything you've stated so far. Considering that the devs have backtracked on some bigger decisions in game recently, and have plans to make other changes too, shows that they're working in the interests of the game and the players. So again, why would they manipulate the events to hurt the players when they're spending time, money, and man power to rectify an entire Story Act because of criticism?
    TJ82 said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

I got more revives this from this month's EQ than I have in the past months by far.

I don't understand people who feel the game is screwing them over on purpose, why not quit? Why put up with it?

Quit forum if you don't like seeing people complaining. Instead of asking people to quit game
    I never said I don't like people complaining? I'm just asking about people who believe in the conspiracy theories that Kabam is messing with the RNG.

I mean, I get it. It hurts to think there's no underlying reason why things seem to be going against you. It helps to believe that there must be nefarious reasons that you're not getting what you want. It just doesn't make it true.

Basically, Kabam has denied that there are any "algorithms" that mess with the RNG. You can choose to believe them or not. But if not, then why continue to play the game?
    Playing or not playing is individual choice. The game is awesome, but that doesn't meant all the steps taken by developers is always right, and can't be questioned.
    And if someone is putting his time and money on a product, he has right to question, criticise and seek clarity as consumer. One of the reason we have this forum.
    Instead you spout theories of RNG manipulating and baseless accusations that hold no weight. Criticising is fine when it's justified, and there is no justification with anything you've stated so far. Considering that the devs have backtracked on some bigger decisions in game recently, and have plans to make other changes too, shows that they're working in the interests of the game and the players. So again, why would they manipulate the events to hurt the players when they're spending time, money, and man power to rectify an entire Story Act because of criticism?
    Read my earlier messages, justification is well thr. In short, only one LevelUp in two weeks, why this doesn't happen with any other solo event. And as far as why they would hurt players, just remember 12.0.
    12.0 needed to happen. Just as much as any change in game that affects the health of the game needs to happen. And when drastic changes do happen, people are usually compensated. Your blindness to believe that there's any malicious intent is clearly clouding your ability to judge rationally.
    LoL πŸ˜‚
    ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

Read my earlier messages, justification is well thr. In short, only one LevelUp in two weeks, why this doesn't happen with any other solo event. And as far as why they would hurt players, just remember 12.0.
    12.0 needed to happen. Just as much as any change in game that affects the health of the game needs to happen. And when drastic changes do happen, people are usually compensated. Your blindness to believe that there's any malicious intent is clearly clouding your ability to judge rationally.
    No point arguing. Just ask Kabam why only this event needed RNG based structure, why Alliance Events have a set schedule.
    The fact that you can't see why 12.0 needed to happen shows that you understand nothing about how a game runs in the long term. But that's fine, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

As for this "RNG", you do realise that the same system is used to determine which mini boss is active in each AQ series right? This system isn't just used for the 22 hour events at all.
    TJ82 said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

LoL πŸ˜‚
    ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

ItsDamien said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

TJ82 said:

JollyHawk said:

No point arguing. Just ask Kabam why only this event needed RNG based structure, why Alliance Events have a set schedule.
    The fact that you can't see why 12.0 needed to happen shows that you understand nothing about how a game runs in the long term. But that's fine, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

As for this "RNG", you do realise that the same system is used to determine which mini boss is active in each AQ series right? This system isn't just used for the 22 hour events at all.
    When I said alliance event, I meant 3 dayCompletion, ItemUse or weekly SA etc., which are way similar to Solo events. But it's fine, I too wouldn't expect you to understand.
    Sure, but you're acting like the system isn't in place in other areas of the game. Just because you shut your eyes and plug your ears, doesn't mean that this isn't a normal aspect of the game. But it's fine, you're blissfully ignorant about how things work, must be nice.