**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A heartfelt reason for why I’m dropping out of the Asian Qualifiers

2»

Comments

• TrapTrap Posts: 124
    Damn you was definitely some competition but I know exactly what you mean. I just shaved off 5 secs plus whatever time the discrepancy is. I was trying bait out his l2 for like 10 secs in the last 5% wasn’t confident a combo and l2 would finish off
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Pretty sure the "git gud" post was trolling, and it worked lol
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    xNig said:

I agree with OP.

The moment the AI backs off from a bait and holds block, the run is easily over.

This is something I’ve wondered about for a long time. When I watch YouTubers like KT1 and Lagacy, the AI always seems so eager to offer up specials, throwing them out constantly.

I do what they do, I dex to bait them, but I can often go 5+ dexes where the AI just retreats and holds block, particularly for an L2.

I know it can’t just be luck, I know these players obviously know something I don’t, but I can’t tell what they’re doing differently.
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★

@Shafeeq even if they allow the middle east region in the competition, I wouldn’t be able to win it. RNG is a large factor, and it will take so much time restarting. Having kids makes it impossible for me.

It is ok dude I just said that what if...
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★

xNig said:

I agree with OP.

The moment the AI backs off from a bait and holds block, the run is easily over.

This is something I’ve wondered about for a long time. When I watch YouTubers like KT1 and Lagacy, the AI always seems so eager to offer up specials, throwing them out constantly.

I do what they do, I dex to bait them, but I can often go 5+ dexes where the AI just retreats and holds block, particularly for an L2.

I know it can’t just be luck, I know these players obviously know something I don’t, but I can’t tell what they’re doing differently.
    Obviously you have to keep yourself open but I think spacing is equally important. Those guys get it right almost every time.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Much Respect bro.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

Qfury said:

Git gud noob

um.... are you top 10 in your region?
    No, no I am not nor am I complaining about a mobile game affecting my mental health.

OP made the correct decision, sounds like he needs some professional help.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

I agree with OP.

Nah sometimes it just happens. That’s where luck comes into play.

I’ve had almost perfect runs quite a few times and in the last 15% or so Health, the AI just goes full passive and doesn’t throw a special no matter how I let my block off.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    But... but... the next run could be the one!

*dangles Kabam carrot*
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

But... but... the next run could be the one!

*dangles Kabam carrot*

this is too true
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

I agree with OP.

I’ve had almost perfect runs quite a few times and in the last 15% or so Health, the AI just goes full passive and doesn’t throw a special no matter how I let my block off.
    Congrats on appearing in leaderboard.
    It is a complete RNG fest after a while. I would love to be in the Asia/Oceanic region right now though. The RNG for the top spot in the Americas is crazy.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Burgess got shifted over to the Americas. Which means top spot is up for grabs again, I have managed to get close to 370 secs at the last 1% health before SS intercepted my backdraft intercept when I was going in for the kill. Let’s give it our best shot everyone, all the best. No regrets.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

xNig said:

xNig said:

I agree with OP.

Haha thanks.

Honestly nothing else matters except the top 3. And man.. this challenge is a grind fest. Just going fight after fight after fight hoping that you don’t slip up throughout and the AI cooperated fully with you, while your light attacks apply bleed consistently high enough in the first 2 mins.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

I agree with OP.

Haha thanks.

Honestly nothing else matters except the top 3. And man.. this challenge is a grind fest. Just going fight after fight after fight hoping that you don’t slip up throughout and the AI cooperated fully with you, while your light attacks apply bleed consistently high enough in the first 2 mins.
    Actually it’s only the top spot that matters. Top spot from each of the 3 qualifying challenges advance to semi finals. Only #1 spot has any meaning.

I think it’s 3 from each region
    Trap said:

I think it’s 3 from each region

nine summoners advance to the semifinals.
    There are three qualifiers and three regions
    three times three is nine
    Awww correct forgot there’s 2 weeks left of this
    what’s stupid is theoretically the same person could win the region all three times and no one can advance.

That’s dumb

what’s stupid is theoretically the same person could win the region all three times and no one can advance.

That’s dumb

There’s a note in the rules that a previous winner of a qualifier is not eligible to win the following qualifiers.
  • ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 87
    2nd place from the americas is not going to qualify with 349, the RNG is crazy
  • Thank you for the post, OP! However, I'll be shutting this down as it got sidetracked and some folks chose to be rude rather than respectful. Please keep in mind forum rules when posting.
This discussion has been closed.