**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Voodoo-A Mystic Rogue?

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
Underappreciated, Underutilized, Forgotten?
These are all words I'd use to describe both Dr. Voodoo and Rogue. Imo, both are really good champs that have tons of uses. Although you might not use them for a path in 6.4, they are both champs I think you should consider ranking up for general questing. In this post, I'll be focusing on regen, but I might make comparisons to rogue.

Damage:
Most people know about Voodoo's sp1 poison because it is a pretty unique mechanic that comes in handy very often. He converts all buffs on the opponent into spirit venoms, aka poison. If the opponent doesn't naturally gain buffs, you place loas on the opponent which can be converted to poisons. This serves as both buff control/nullify and pretty good damage in certain scenarios such as resistor lanes.

Something that I feel many people underappreciate with voodoo is his sp2. It converts up to 3 loas and has an effect based on the combo when activating the attack. On an even combo, he gains a buff allowing him to power burn. If 2 or more loas are converted, the buff he gains is powerful enough to allow voodoo to take off more power than he gives with each hit, allowing him to lock the opponent in the corner and cycle sp2s. The damage increase is noticeable and on my maxed 4*, it effectively doubles the damage i deal on basic attacks.

Sustainability:
At the beginning of every fight, voodoo gains a regeneration buff that regens about 13% of voodoo's health on my maxed 4*. With signature ability, the duration is almost doubled, allowing him to gain 25% health every fight, saving potions and giving more room to play for literally no effort by the player.

While blocking, he increases energy resistance by 2000, which can help with blocking energy-based special attacks or mitigating damage from energy based abilities that might come from nodes or the opponent's abilities.

Power Control:
You need power control? You need voodoo. As stated in the damage section, an sp2 on even combo gives voodoo the ability to power burn, allowing you to lock the opponent in the corner and backdrafting and using sp2s. On an odd combo, it power drains the opponent and drains power over 10 seconds. The sp3 applies power leech to the opponent, stealing 45% of power, and after this ends for any reason, he gains an equivalent power gain buff. The sp1 converts buffs to poisons, allowing him to nullify any power gain buffs the opponent may have. In any fight where the opponent does not have a large amount of power gain or just a normal fight, the sp2 on an even combo is enough to win the fight. Lock em in the corner and you're done. In other fights with more power gain, you can utilize the other power control abilities. Voodoo's loas interact with mystic dispersion (I think), so it is usually easy to control the opponents power. It's not power lock like magik, meaning he wont work for some fights, but hes extremely effective in most.

Utility:
On top of the buff control, power control, and sustainability aspects of voodoo that i mentioned, his signature ability is pretty unique, and while it accentuates his existing kit, it can be valuable for other things. On an even combo sp attack or the beginning of a fight, he has 100% increase aa and increased buff duration based on sig. On an odd combo sp attack, the opponent has 50% reduced aa and increased debuff duration based on sig. This might not seem too useful beyond helping his kit, it does have some uses that I won't get into because my fingies are tired and I need to grind arena.

All in all, please consider giving Dr. Voodoo a chance and find areas where he could fill a gap in your roster. Also, if anyone noticed, these are the same metrics taters uses in his vids, which you should check out on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMy8hakJDk1Y4OrEejkHw3Q

Have a good day everyone :)

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

go put voodoo in v5. Stack the loas, get sp3 after sp3 after sp3, etc etc.

totally forgot about that! he's insane for the mystic chapter in v5
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    who forgot about doctor voodoo?
    Greekhit said:

I definitely haven’t forgot him.
    He was my first mystic r5 and never regretted a single resource spent on him 🙂

😍 awesome rankup. where do you use him?
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

I definitely haven’t forgot him.
    He was my first mystic r5 and never regretted a single resource spent on him 🙂

😍 awesome rankup. where do you use him?
    He is in my main AW attack team along with Rogue and Guilly99.
    I always scout the map to seek for IMIW and Korg defenders as they are his main food 🤣
    But the most fun part of it is when there is a Champion boss, and the opponents are sure they get some kills from him. One sp1 and Champion goes down in less than a minute no matter if 5* r5 200 or 6* r2. Haven’t go against a 6* r3 yet but I suppose he will need few more seconds for him 🤣
    Also used him during some paths on 6.1 exploration, main workhorse during V5 exploration and using him frequently on monthly UC event quests 😉
  • Nobody forgot voodoo. I use him at r5 a lot. While i wouldnt put him above magik, he is definitely up there.
    Doom, Claire=Magik, voodoo, sym. Would be my list.
    He is a real beast for map6 minis ( where i use him the most)
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Voodoo was my first r4. He's so good for so many things. I'm gonna r5 him after Nick Fury and Doom
    nice to see people still utilize voodoo
  • Rap027Rap027 Posts: 88
    I just got him out of a legendary crystal, I don't have many 5*s (only 14 total one r4- colossus), but I have allot of mystics (duped loki, sym supreme, magik, and diablo) Idk voodoo too well but is he worth prioritizing over sym supreme or magik even upduped? I love sym supreme for bosses/big fights because he can tank through the opponents sp3, but he definitely isn't a path clearer like voodoo appears to be. I wasn't planning to rank him up but after reading this it definitely seems more interesting. (side note: thicco_mode always has the best threads and comments, shout out to you for real)
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Voodoo was my second rank 5 (first mystic and only mystic for a while). Used a generic on him from act 5 and cleared a lot of act 5 with him. Did a lot of variants with him (where I could use him) and some of act 6 too.

Great champ
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    what is this Voodoo + Korg food you speak of?? i never thought of using him against Korg ... I hate Korg so any champs that give me an advantage over him i'm keen to pay attention to. lol i love Voodoo .. he was instrumental in my Uncollected run and he was a beast in Variant 5 for me.

i've never used him against IMIW or Korg. do tell??
    Rap027 said:

I just got him out of a legendary crystal, I don't have many 5*s (only 14 total one r4- colossus), but I have allot of mystics (duped loki, sym supreme, magik, and diablo) Idk voodoo too well but is he worth prioritizing over sym supreme or magik even upduped? I love sym supreme for bosses/big fights because he can tank through the opponents sp3, but he definitely isn't a path clearer like voodoo appears to be. I wasn't planning to rank him up but after reading this it definitely seems more interesting. (side note: thicco_mode always has the best threads and comments, shout out to you for real)

I think voodoo is 100% a more reliable champ to use in general questing and is more versatile. if voodoo is unduped, I'd probably rank one of the other two up because the sig makes voodoo more reliable and increase the regen duration by quite a bit.

also, the last part made me smile. thanks:)

what is this Voodoo + Korg food you speak of?? i never thought of using him against Korg ... I hate Korg so any champs that give me an advantage over him i'm keen to pay attention to. lol i love Voodoo .. he was instrumental in my Uncollected run and he was a beast in Variant 5 for me.

i've never used him against IMIW or Korg. do tell??

I'm not actually sure why he would be good for either of them. you'd have to ask someone else in the thread. they might be saying how his dash back is shorter so it is easier to light intercept
    no idea ... i always use Omega or Dorm. i just don't like fighting him lol

same. Korg is a poophead. how do you use doom against him?

not Doom. Dorm. Dormammu lol

not Doom. Dorm. Dormammu lol
    oh. 🤦i need to read

Thanks for your advice! I'll wait until I dupe my voodoo!
    Also, I know it was a typo, but doctor doom is actually who I use as my korg counter haha, He isn't a perfect option like others, but all of his attacks are energy based so he doesn't take thorns damage!
    Rap027 said:

Also, I know it was a typo, but doctor doom is actually who I use as my korg counter haha, He isn't a perfect option like others, but all of his attacks are energy based so he doesn't take thorns damage!
    I see. thanks for the tips
    Rap027 said:

ohhh I remember you now. you had a corvus pfp before
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Voodoo is a champ I've always wanted unfortunately I don't have him in any rarity. I have all Mystics as 4* except Voodoo and Sorcerer supreme. Been saving a mystic gem for when I get him.

Haha ya that's me! Once i decided to r4 my colossus (you actually helped me learn how to use him haha) I changed my profile picture
    Rap027 said:

Haha ya that's me! Once i decided to r4 my colossus (you actually helped me learn how to use him haha) I changed my profile picture
    he's an insane champ for sure
    who dare disagree with my post? reveal yourself! if it's about my saying voodoo is forgotten, I'll take it