**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Don't upgrade to IOS 11

Gameplay is lagy and the app shuts down if you leave it in the background for over a minute.
Kabam said they tested it... seems like they tested it like they test everything else so far

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Not laggy on my phone and I have IOS 11
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Fine for me as well. What hardware are you using OP?
  • I have an Iphone6 and upgraded to IOS11 and have been having minimal issues. The only issues I have experienced was doing a daily event quest and going from one fight to a new one and the next fight didn't load. After closing out of MCOC and reopening it I fought the same fight twice. I was fighting on autopilot though. That was it so far. Knock on wood.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I updated as soon as it was released, no issue here
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    No issues in game here, but I have noticed that the game doesn't stay "in memory" very long when I switch apps. No big deal though.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    No issues here on 6s plus.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    None on 7 plus
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    6s here - just upgraded a few hours ago because I'm a masochist and had to see if there were any real issues. None to report on my end thus far.
  • EnderGGEnderGG Posts: 19
    I don't know what everyone else is saying that they're not having problems with the game and iOS11...I have been getting disconnections since I upgraded, and the game shuts down if you leave it in the background, just like the original poster said.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Just upgraded and did a little questing and arena. Seems fine so far. Maybe a little laggy but that's probably because of this crappy Internet I'm on right now.
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    laggy as hell seem like running a high resolution game on a low end GPU. Plus game shuts down if it is on the background. @Kabam Miike
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Welcome to the android realm.

Are you using an ipad?
  • SligSlig Posts: 342 ★★
    Same issues as the OP
  • My game is not lagging on ios11 although it shuts down while leaving it in background over a minute...
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    I'm running an iPhone 6 Plus, and I've had iOS 11 for a couple weeks now as part of the beta program. I've definitely noticed some lag every once in awhile, but it's hard to tell if it's from the update or if it's just the shoddy game mechanics. The game was laggy since the 15.0 update, and there's also the blocking issues, etc. The game doesn't stay "in memory" as long, and that's probably because iOS 11 runs more background code. The new iPhones have a faster chip with more memory so those of us running older models will experience slower performance. Sucks, but that's how they get you to upgrade your device.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I have a 6s and game closes all the time
  • Indrick781 wrote: »
    The game shutting down is iOS's memory management. Has nothing to do with Kabam.

At least someone has common sense.
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    I have 5s and No problems
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    SE and no lag.

Have noticed the game restarting when left in background for a while, but that’s only an issue if you get a phone call I’m guessing.
  • Scud70Scud70 Posts: 77
    edited September 2017
    no lag for me but the game does close if you leave it in the background ... this was not the case in iOS 10 you could leave the app running do a few things and get back to it now it restarts after being int be background real quickly... VERY ANNOYING...
  • Indrick781 wrote: »
    The game shutting down is iOS's memory management. Has nothing to do with Kabam.

At least someone has common sense.

No one said for Kabam to do something .... we are just updating others on what to expect with ios 11 ... but yes its the ios memory management that is killing the game off quickly.
  • what happen kabam?? no update for ios 11?? i even update my ios 11.0.1, and still no update for mcoc?? my old ipad have update, even my andro. why no update for ios 11??
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Galaxy. Just here to soak in the light from the Apple users.
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Posts: 58
    Same with me, game doesnt stay in memory, plus general lag here and there.. its worse compared to andriod, as we expect lag in andriod and is same across game, but here its worse, seems working fine and all of sudden lags like hell, lost in a mini boss fight because of this....I even reseted the complete phone, still seems issue persists.
    Don't know if its Apple or Kabam culprit here ...!!
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It’s a trap
  • TheremonTheremon Posts: 62
    edited September 2017
    iPhone 6S with iOS 9.3 for me! And iPad mini 4 with 10.2, I think. No lag issues for me.

The one weird issue I have had is if I switch apps and come back the game will freeze for about 5 seconds. Obviously it's not during a fight, but like jumping to LINE to tell somebody they are clear in AQ/AW or something like that, the game always freezes after last month's update.
  • Icem987Icem987 Posts: 13
    I have 5S and it’s slow in response when fighting. I think you need minimum of a 6S iPhone. My friend and I compared my 5s and his 6s on same level and his reactions time for his fighter is much more responsive and faster, especially when fighting Bosses. So that’s going to contribute to how far you can get. Obviously masteries and you’re fighting skills but it does make a difference on what iPhones you use.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Apple has admitted that they intentionally slow down older phones. I can see that having an effect with gaming experience