**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How desirable is Psylocke?

I know we all frown upon threads like this but I've been away from the game for a while and in light of recent events (6* announced, new war) just how desirable is she? I havem't done an arena since Venom and I'm thinking to save some time and do this one, so let's do what we all hate to do and say: How many ppints do you think it will be enough? Would 3mil be considered safe?

Comments

• TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    She isn't very desireable like the god tiers AA hyperion GP DV
    Her base stats are quite low too

What she is desired for are her power control mechanics
    Which can be considered one of the best in this game

Personally I would say around 4.5 mil ahould be her cutoff
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    150k should do it.
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210

not even close.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    Viper83 wrote: »

not even close.

Name another champ who can lock their power the entire duration of the match? I'm not talking about getting to Magik's L2 before the power lock timer runs out....I mean another champ who can essentially turn off their ability to gain power for the entire match.

I'll wait..

FYI, people who say what OP said above don't know her like they think they do. There's a reason people say she's the best kept secret.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    @roastedbagel can she stop md and power gain buffs after having the opponent at 0 power? I haven't seen it myself, was wondering if she could? Something I've always wanted to know, cuz if so then my opinion on her power control would be different, what I think about her power control right now is basically what gp's special 2 does. If I'm wrong plz let me know. :/
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    @roastedbagel can she stop md and power gain buffs after having the opponent at 0 power? I haven't seen it myself, was wondering if she could? Something I've always wanted to know, cuz if so then my opinion on her power control would be different, what I think about her power control right now is basically what gp's special 2 does. If I'm wrong plz let me know. :/

no she cant stop power gain or md so she is not that good. also if u get hit u give your opponent power which is crazy dumb

no she cant stop power gain or md so she is not that good. also if u get hit u give your opponent power which is crazy dumb

Oh ok. Cool, well the little hype I had thinking she could is gone lol. There are better power lock champs out there so eh. She's not bad tho.
  • Viper83 wrote: »

not even close.

Name another champ who can lock their power the entire duration of the match? I'm not talking about getting to Magik's L2 before the power lock timer runs out....I mean another champ who can essentially turn off their ability to gain power for the entire match.

I'll wait..

Dormammu. And actually, Dormammu is arguably better at this than Psylocke.
    edited September 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »

not even close.

I'll wait..

Dormammu. And actually, Dormammu is arguably better at this than Psylocke.

Man dormammu is arguably the best power control champ in the game lol. He's a male magik with more abilities, without the limbo of course. (Also immunities for nodes and if u get hit. And for defense reasons.)
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Psylocke sp2 power locks
    neb wrote: »
    Psylocke sp2 power locks

Magik sp2 power locks as well, even nebula has better power lock than Psylocke. Stack enough shocks lol.
    I'm not saying psylocke is a good power control champ, actually I'd say she's the worst. But she can prevent md triggers
    neb wrote: »
    I'm not saying psylocke is a good power control champ, actually I'd say she's the worst. But she can prevent md triggers
    Hopefully this triggers a lot of psylocke lovers in the forums lol
    The reason I just can't love her is the reduced power gain she recieves and if that wasn't enough opponents receive increased power gain if you mess up and take a hit. Her skill ceiling is too high for the middle of the road payoff.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★

Her L2 can.

And obligatory "don't get hit" suggestion.

• no she cant stop power gain or md so she is not that good. also if u get hit u give your opponent power which is crazy dumb

Her L2 can.

To power lock Psylocke has to reach SP2 which is problematic because she gains power slower than normal. That means her ability to stop power gain is delayed significantly from the start of the fight: longer than Magik or Dormammu would take to get to SP2 and apply the lock.

Power gain also messes with her power control because she can only hold the opponent to zero as long as they stay at zero. If anything gives the target any power at all her ability to hold down power stops working.

In fact the main weakness of Psylocke's power control that keeps her from being one of the best power control champs is that she doesn't start the fight with a psi charge. So it is almost impossible for her to prevent the target from gaining power at the beginning of the fight, and it then becomes harder to bring them back down to the point where a drain will zero them out. This also means Psylocke has to eat at least one and more likely two Limbos vs Magik. OG Vision can burn a Magik in such a way to prevent limbo if you play around with synthesis well, and Dormammu can simply keep Magik burned to zero. Magik can't prevent another Magik from going Limbo but her combination power lock and power burn can keep her ahead of the power curve indefinitely if you can get there fast enough and she's fast enough to get there before Hyperion gets to use SP3 sometimes.

Psylocke is good, but in my opinion she falls short of the best power control champs in actual practice. If she started the fight with a psi charge and her power gain wasn't lower than normal I'd be more inclined to consider her among the best power control champs (with Magik, Voodoo, Dormammu, and OG Vision).
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    Don't forget the fact that she can basically spam her S1, since if it reduces them below a threshold she regains a bar of power so just repeat to keep the enemy at low power that way.
  • Not good for long fights with champs that have md 5. Her hits are weak unless she is a rank 4 5*. I grinded 13 mill for her in featured and she is nothing but arena points unless they buff her
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    She ok at best. Nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaps she is good to some its all about who you enjoy in the end.
  • Jay_Ibero wrote: »
    Don't forget the fact that she can basically spam her S1, since if it reduces them below a threshold she regains a bar of power so just repeat to keep the enemy at low power that way.

You have to jockey the opponent to the right point of power, but yes Psylocke can do that. It is the weirdest form of power control in the game, but it does work as long as the opponent doesn't have a particularly dangerous special one attack that they can get off while you are doing this. Like if you are dueling RoL Winter Soldier this is great. If you are fighting awakened Magik this is suicide. It is also not so good fighting Juggernaut or Hyperion or OG Vision. It would be better to go for the lock in those cases.

I'll admit this is more fun than MMing Dormammu, but not necessarily as effective overall.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    The only reason why her cutoff will be somewhat high is because she is a newer champ to the arenas.

Aside from OG vision duped
    Dormammu is able to never let an enemy gain a single bar of power

Magik is much better overall but that's assuming you are ok with the opponent using an sp1 or sp2.

not even close.

I said one of the best

I agree she is not the best power control champ in this game

But she comes in top 10 atleast
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★

not even close.

I said one of the best

Top 10? Doesn't that mean she's one of the worst?
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    I plan on going for her possibly

not even close.

I said one of the best

Top 10? Doesn't that mean she's one of the worst?

Dont go for her then
    Lesser cutoffs for others
  • Viper83 wrote: »

not even close.

I said one of the best

I'm not even sure there are that many genuine power control champs (some have some kind of power control ability that no one uses for that purpose, like Star Lord). Both Visions, Dormammu, Magik, Hawkeye, Ghost Rider, Voodoo, Psylocke, Nebula, Rogue?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    A few others have power control elements, but they aren't reliable. Champs like Winter Soldier sig ability, Scarlet Witch's sig ability, and Howard's SP2 all are capable of draining power, but you can't go into a power-gain node and rely on it to help you win.
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    What are we thinking cutoff wise? 2.5-3?
  • BCdiscman wrote: »

...Also people who say if you get hit you give the opponent crazy power do not understand how to play her. If you get hit you immediately use her L3 - which you will be at if you are any good at all and she will immediately zero their power and power lock & power burn them and you rinse and repeat the power control mechanic.