**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Doctor Voodoo vs Scarlet Witch

So I've got both of them sitting at 4/40 unduped and got a mystic awakening gem from the latest deal, but which one should I awaken?

I have Scarlet witch as a 3* sig99 and really enjoy playing with her whereas I have some problems with adapting to doc voodoo's fighting style with his short evade and overall movement...

I have completed Rol, act IV and my next target will be act V, who will be More useful for this?

Note: I've got 62 sig stones to put on whoever gets the gem

Comments

• IronBlaze09IronBlaze09 Posts: 114
    Voodoo will be much more useful for Act 5. There are many fights where power needs to be controlled, and high damage (via poison) is useful.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Disagree - I love Voodoo but because you have so many sig stones, and if you were willing to dump them all in one shot, I'd go Wanda. She's still a beast especially if you can get her sig up high enough. Voodoo is great but doesn't necessarily need to be duped to be effective, Wanda does.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    My Scarlet Witch is signature level 50 and love her, played my 3* voodoo a bit and was never crazy about him. My 2 cents.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Voodoo by far. Switch isn’t the champ she was pre-nerf and voodoo much more helpful in act 5 and in other game play generally. I have a sig 99 switch and she’s at r4. My sig 70 voodoo is r5.

However, I would also say that gr and magik are extremely helpful in act 5. My gr is only r4 but I used him in 5.3.1 a lot. Magik is just amazing—particular for dormamu.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Bruh, VOODOO. Sw is based on luck and that will suck a lot of times without crit synergies. A really high sig voodoo is way better than Scarlett witch. Trust me I know, sw needs to be really close to 99 to even see a really useful veil of fortune. Voodoo is a god in this game, I'd say he's the best in the game but starlord beats him on damage output. His abilities are way better than sw's luck based ones, he can absolutely powerlock the enemy, turn him self into a vision, a black widow, has some of mordo's energy resistance on blocks and can poison you to death. His odd combo specials shut so many things down, imagine completely shutting hyperion's power gain off for the whole fight, or stopping juggernaut/uc unstoppable buff. Reduce evasion chance too. His brother Daniel ability is insane, the best utility attacker out there.

(My sw is sig 80, seriously would not waste my time with her unless she's 99 honestly. I'd still do voodoo even if she was 99, his abilities are beyond her.)
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Legit power control with voodoo along with poisons is great. Then throw in his ability accuracy reduction and hands down the best
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Legit power control with voodoo along with poisons is great. Then throw in his ability accuracy reduction and hands down the best

Agreed.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »

Agreed.

And regen
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I would go voodoo but I find it hard to use him reliably in 5.3 5/50 4*. He is very frail and requires perfect fight for me to sustain. Maybe it's cause I am on android and the game is a bit out of sorts on my device but it is near impossible to make it through a fight without a frame drop that leads me to get caught. I don't have witch duped or ranked so I can't speak to if the same would apply
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    DV>>>>>SW
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I had an unduped SW after 12.0 and loved her. Didn’t play much with her before 12.0, but I found her to be super helpful. Then I decided to use an awakening gem on her. She now sits at 99. But I can tell you that she helped me get through so much of 5.1 5.2, and 5.3 currently on the last level (5.3.6).

She was great at every point during her trip from ability 1 to 99. It is luck that you get regen, but having regen kick in anytime after the fight is started is way better than ONLY getting it at the beginning
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I have both and still favor Scarlet Witch. Veil of fortune is right! At least at sig 99.

Like others have said, Dr. Voodoo is good enough unduped but 4* Scarlet is SICK at 5/5 Sig99. I never fight without her if I can help it.
    Although I have not gone for Act5, I could pass entire paths in Act4 chpt 3+4 with just her alone.

She has great dmg output, fury, cruelty, power steal, a seriously strong and fast regen when it kicks in (I have gained more than 50% health in a single fight), stun, weakness, nullify nullify nullify (a lot), power lock, poison, armor, and I'm probably missing a few. Oh yeah her sp1 and 2 are VERY strong.
    The only downside is that the effects are random but always in your fortune and the opponents' detriment. I have MD mastery at 3/5 currently so while she is nullifying the **** out of someone she is gaining power that much faster for that SP1 and 2 dmg.

What can I say. I'm a fan. :) Can't imagine her pre-nerf honestly.
  • LM796LM796 Posts: 55
    I have SW at exactly lvl 62 funnily enough. She's bang average now, only ever regens on the last hit of the fight... stun is ****, powerlock useless, sp2 crits nowhere near as much as before. Go with Voodoo but don't throw 62 stones on him, use about 20 and save the rest, you'll get another gem or awaken someone else soon.
  • Code5Code5 Posts: 58
    Bro use it on Voodoo but don't waste your sigs on him.
  • Élan_Vital_11Élan_Vital_11 Posts: 5
    edited September 2017
    I have both 4* versions, SW at sig99 and Voodoo at sig22.

I struggled with this same decision a month ago and decided to R5 voodoo (after testing the **** out of both of them) and haven't regretted it once. His reliability and damage are insane. While SW is still awesome (especially her SP2 damage), the reliability and predictable nature of Voodoo is ideal.

Stacking his poison along with power burn is a monster, not to mention if you do happen to take some hits during questing, AW/AQ you can always regenerate on fights after. There have been so many fights where I was down to 10% health and ended up with close to 100% by the time I hit the boss.

I'll still take SW to r5 at some point, but I can't recommend Voodoo enough.