**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A Summoner's Life For Me!

Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Greetings Summoners!

Arrrrrrrr - we be given’ Captain Flint a run for his stash o’ rum! This is your opportunity to do your best Jim Hawkins, Summoner style, on this inspired journey through our very own, Mutant Treasure Island!

LAND AHOY!

NEW quest details, so pay close attention!

We dock at the Island of Krakoa, on September 2, 2020. Strange as it were, tales recount access to the Island requires no Energy or any other forms of payment at all. However, travellers beware, Mutants have taken to erecting locked gates along marked paths, identified by Difficulty, to the hidden treasure chests containing the likes of Crystals, Catalysts, Awakening Gems and more. The Mutants answer to one master, the master of this Island, one scoundrel of a seadog who goes by the name of… Platinum Jones.

Should you wish to travel these paths in search of Jones’ scattered treasures, one must possess a very particular model of Key, called an ISO Key, to which no living soul has acquired the blueprints for. Jones is fully aware of his monopoly so you will have to earn his favour if you be wanting those Keys! What would a salty dog like Jones want, you say? Well, we hear he enjoys the thrill of sending travelers on solo adventures in order to complete special objectives. Complete the objectives to Jones’ satisfaction and you will be granted one of Jones’ Lockers. In it, you will have the opportunity to select one (1) Key of your choosing. As Jones alone holds the right to the Keys, he is not likely to entertain you for more than once a day for the duration of our stay. However, in case you’ve found the bottom of the rum barrel the night before, Jones might be inclined to save you a Locker for the days you were missing in action, but not before you complete the very same objectives you would have owed to him! A word of caution: these Keys have been known to dematerialise after each use, so you will need a new Key for each path you choose to enter. Tricky business, these Keys!

From there, it will be up to you to defeat the resident Mutants, and any of the Island’s other rogue inhabitants, that guard the chests and claim the hidden treasures of Krokoa. Before we send you on your way, our scouts took the shores in the dead of night so they could deliver the following report.

SCOUT REPORT:
Our scouts have reported 28 paths per Difficulty, with Hidden Characters along each of the various paths, and rather unpredictable Bosses. Apparently, Deadpool has also been spotted on the path of Epic Difficulty and up to his usual mischief on the Island, so be on your guard for this familiar face!

We set sail again in about a month’s time, on October 7, 2020. Explore at your own risk; stay on the paths! Travellers have been known to stray from the paths and come to perish on the Island. We hope you meet a happier fate.

Fair travels, Summoners. May your adventures on Krakoa be bountiful.

LEGENDARY DIFFICULTY

The walls have ears. We hear you wish to be challenged further, that we have been too kind. We hear your chants, and we answer with Legendary Difficulty.

REWARDS

Thanks to some of our more zealous scouts, we have even secured reports on potential contents of these elusive treasure chests, which all seem to carry a certain curious star rating:

1-Star Chests:
Gold, sweet Gold

2-Star Chests:
Hero Crystals or Hero Crystal Shards

3-Star Chests:
Catalyst Fragments, Catalysts or Catalyst Crystals

4-Star Chests:
Signature Stone Crystals or Awakening Gem Crystal

Remember! These can all be found INSIDE the treasure chests!

***UPDATE: Friday, September 4, 2020

This has been a journey for us all. We're happy to confirm that the event is back up and running as intended. Most of the event functionality is going to be the same, so please review the main post for a refresher, if you need it! However, we appreciate that you may have some questions in light of the recent interruptions, so please also read this quick Q&A. We hope this answers your pressing questions about the event!

Q: Can I run the first path (before the event was paused) and claim the rewards there again?
A: Yes, you may. But all paths going forward will only allow you to claim the rewards once.

Q: Are all the rewards shown on the path now instead of hiding in treasure chests?
A: Yes! They will be laid out on the path now instead of being hidden in treasure chests.

Q: Have any of the rewards moved since the original map (before the pause)?
A: Yes, unfortunately, they've gone on a bit of a shuffle. But they are also laid out on the map now so you will be able to see where the rewards you want are located!

Q: Will the Keys still disappear after they use it to unlock a path? Will the path remain open (with no more rewards) once it's unlocked?
A: Yes, the Key will still disappear once you've unlocked the path. If you do not complete the path and quit, the Key will be returned to you and the path will be locked again. If you complete the path, then the Key will disappear and the path will remain unlocked. Remember! You MUST COMPLETE the path in order to claim all the rewards you've earned along the path; if you DO NOT COMPLETE the path, then the path will be locked and reset (rewards are placed back along the path), and you get your Key back.

Q: Will the Champions along the path and Bosses stay the same?
A: Yes! Any mysterious Champions along the path marked with a "?" will be a random (from a limited pool) Mutant, and the Bosses are still random (from a limited pool of Mutants) for everybody!

Q: Can you claim the rewards on the open paths more than once?
A: Again, NO, you cannot! Besides, the rewards won't be there anymore once you complete the path and claim all the rewards along the path!
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    edited August 2020
    Cool rewards
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Anyone able to translate to save me the headache 😂

rifts basically
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Anyone able to translate to save me the headache 😂

rifts basically
    I don’t think it’s rifts. Rifts always have a cost and energy requirements.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

So rough translation:

By completing special objectives, you will be awarded one key (of your choice) per day. However, these objectives will not disappear until the end of the event. These keys can only be used once.

The keys will unlock a path in the quest, so you need a new key each time you enter (28 paths with different difficulties, fights, and chests).

IDK, someone correct me if I said anything wrong or if there's something else I'm missing.

So basically, the BWDO/RG event but ignoring the 2* quest? I can live with that. But I don't like the fact that we can only do 1 difficulty. Haven't been a fan of that at all this month
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    So the rewards are all rng on what you get out of the chest? Or is the list of rewards a you can choose from these on top of the chest?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    rewards look pretty spicy and no energy is nice
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Wait can we do multiple difficulties? Or are we just gonna have to hit epic in the hopes of maybe getting the platpool piece?
    I'm wondering if I can do some paths in epic and also some in legendary to hunt the stuff I want. like if I can split the keys between epic and legendary to get the chests I want

I'm wondering if I can do some paths in epic and also some in legendary to hunt the stuff I want. like if I can split the keys between epic and legendary to get the chests I want

Hoping for the same, would happily pass up on all the T4cc crystals in legendary to pick up more of what isn’t worthless in epic.
    agreed. I don't know if I'd be able to handle all of legendary, but I do like some of the stuff in it