**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will Professor X mind control Robots?

DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
After doing some research I found why Emma is able to Mind Control robots.

Tech Champs have class advantage over Emma so they can't be immune to Mind Control.
This makes zero sense.
Tech champs have Class advantage over Omega Red but his Death Spores stack slowly on them.
Medusa has class advantage over Tech but she is able to Armor shatter and reduce Robot's AAR.
Human Torch has class advantage over mystic but he still have special bonus against them.

Professor X will be soon in the game.
I just want to know if Robot champs will ever get mind control immunity?

Comments

• DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

Robots are immune to reverse controls like delirium, but that node is usually paired up with electromagnetic fluctuations which reduces their ability accuracy by -70%

Robots are not immune to it. The node makes them immune.

I'm talking about the mind control abilities that Emma and ProfX have. Robots should be immune to it.
    edited August 2020
    HI_guys said:

@Djin you're reading Lyra wrong. What she meant was that since techs already have an advantage, no need of additional abilities to counter her. And that we should rely on armour breaks.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with you or Lyra.

You didn't read my post. I gave many examples.
    Class advantage is just an excuse to get around this.
    As Mayis above said. Dragon Man is robot but mystic class. Not all robots are tech now.
  • GiulioV99GiulioV99 Posts: 98
    Djin said:

Even, Doctor Doom can resist Emma's Telepathic Powers.

He can't do that in the game.
    Make it so when Doom's Aura of Haazareth is active he resist mind control.

Hey. this page is from the Dark Reign comic!
    Unrelated from the post, but it's one of my favourite "big events", love it!

Going back to the discussion, i think this choice of champions immune to telepathic abilities was meant to give us only a lore related easter egg while still allowing her to be effective against most of the champions.
    I agree that from a logic perspective robots should be immune too, but we know that sometimes this game follows the lore and logic well, sometimes not, and i have no particular problems with that. As long as they inform us about these abilities and immunities i'm ok with this kind of choice
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

@Djin you're reading Lyra wrong. What she meant was that since techs already have an advantage, no need of additional abilities to counter her. And that we should rely on armour breaks.

The Visions and Ultron have no armor break. Vision has the mind stone but can be easily mind controlled???
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

HI_guys said:

The Visions and Ultron have no armor break. Vision has the mind stone but can be easily mind controlled???
    Vision has practically no control over the mind stone. He can just shoot lasers with it
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    There's no reason mind control shouldn't work on robots. This isn't the main Marvel Universe, it's Kabam's Battlerealm. These are different versions of the champs we see in the comics. So there's no reason Prof X needs to follow the same rules as Emma does against robots. Emma and the Prof don't even need to originate from the same universe.

From a fiction perspective, there's no reason robots shouldn't be affected by, or even use telepathy:
    - There's several Marvel characters with forms of 'Technopathy' that affects robots (Sage, Cybermancer, Wiz Kid). So robots are potentially fair game for any mutant.
    - In Star Trek, the Borg are cyborgs with a telepathic hive-mind.
    - Isaac Asimov wrote about several robots (Sonny from I, Robot; Daneel and Giskard) with unique positronic brains, who used telepathy on humans.
    - In the Heroes universe, there are champions like Micah and Hana Gitelman who can mentally control machines/robots.

So robots and telepathy can mix. Let's just wait and see what Kabam do.

There's no reason mind control shouldn't work on robots. This isn't the main Marvel Universe, it's Kabam's Battlerealm. These are different versions of the champs we see in the comics. So there's no reason Prof X needs to follow the same rules as Emma does against robots. Emma and the Prof don't even need to originate from the same universe.

From a fiction perspective, there's no reason robots shouldn't be affected by, or even use telepathy:
    - There's several Marvel characters with forms of 'Technopathy' that affects robots (Sage, Cybermancer, Wiz Kid). So robots are potentially fair game for any mutant.
    - Isaac Asimov wrote about several robots (Sonny from I, Robot; Daneel and Giskard) with unique positronic brains, who used telepathy on humans.
    - In the Heroes universe, there are champions like Micah and Hana Gitelman who can mentally control machines/robots.

Ever seen Emma or ProfX telepathically control Sentinel or any other machine.
    I'm not saying that robots can't be controlled. The characters you mentioned were designed to do that. But not Emma and ProfX.

There's difference between Telepathy and Technopathy.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    DarthPhal said:

This is awesome! :D
  • Nothing_hereNothing_here Posts: 97

Djin said:

Make it so when Doom's Aura of Haazareth is active he resist mind control.

Maybe I'm alone, but I would hate this.

At this point, I'm pretty comfortable dodging a duped Emma's specials using reversed controls. If I also had to watch when my Aura was up when fighting her to figure out if I needed to swipe forward or backward to evade a special, I can guarantee I'll be eating a lot more of Emma's special attacks.
    That would be very annoying. Make him completely resist or don't change anything.
    Doom can also resist Purple Man.

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    You are thinking too much about it.
    Just read their abilities. You will know what a champion is able to do
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    What if the iso-infused telepaths have their own version of the iso spell, which has been shown to affect all champions (maybe not OG Ultron? Idk I forget)
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    There's a fine line between realism and game balance. And in a game with fantasy based abilities and completely unrealistic characters, realism becomes more subjective, while game balance becomes more important.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    I don’t like doom in this game but Doom in the comics is the Alpha man
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

I know you're trying to sound smart but Magneto and Juggernaut's immunity to mind control aren't explicity stated in their abilities. Techs should be able to have the upper hand against Mutants hence why Robots should be immune to Emma and Prof X.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

I know you're trying to sound smart but Magneto and Juggernaut's immunity to mind control aren't explicity stated in their abilities. Techs should be able to have the upper hand against Mutants hence why Robots should be immune to Emma and Prof X.
    Yes, the case with both magnetos and Juggernaut had already been commented a couple of times, and why it should be something stated on their abilities page. Is an exception here, an "easter-egg" that shouldn't really be hidden that way
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Djin said:

Ever seen Emma or ProfX telepathically control Sentinel or any other machine.
    I'm not saying that robots can't be controlled. The characters you mentioned were designed to do that. But not Emma and ProfX.

There's difference between Telepathy and Technopathy.
    Perhaps you didn't notice that I mentioned Technopathy too, right?

My point is that Kabam can decide to have their version of Professor X effective or ineffective against robots, and either decision is perfectly acceptable.

They already decided to leave Emma effective against robots; but might decide differently with designing Prof X.

And that's fine.
    I fail to understand how making robots resist telepathy will affect game balance.

Emma's inverse control only works when she is on defense. When used on offense it doesn't affect the game's AI.
    Robots also have AI.