**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Shrinidhi wrote: »
    Great idea kabam Mike.will u atleast make t4cc more accessible by putting them in the glory store

They are already there in the form of glory crystals and greater glory crystals.
  • OhNo187OhNo187 Posts: 9
    For us players in the middle, 6* seem to be a bit much, rewards are given away, just not ones in the amount needed. 6* heroes will be the end of this game for a lot of players. It too time costly now with 5* heroes let alone the insurmountable requirements for a 6*, better to let lie and move on when this happens. It will have been a good run, but 6* will just be TOO MUCH
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Other than the timing (too soon), why is the addition of 6* too much? Unless they shoot themselves in the foot and have the initial batch all suck or even just be the same champs we already have, it's just a form of progression in content. As 6* release, 5* will be easier to acquire, and will rule the roost for quite some time before 6* start to influence anything. Assuming they actually increase more 5* shard amounts for quests/events, etc.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Other than the timing (too soon), why is the addition of 6* too much? Unless they shoot themselves in the foot and have the initial batch all suck or even just be the same champs we already have, it's just a form of progression in content. As 6* release, 5* will be easier to acquire, and will rule the roost for quite some time before 6* start to influence anything. Assuming they actually increase more 5* shard amounts for quests/events, etc.

I feel like you're making a lot of positive assumptions, but Kabam hasn't lived up to these kinds of expectations recently. That's mostly the issue, that and all the wasted time/money on acquiring 4* and 5* champs.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I feel that you need to have at least some positive assumptions, or you end up viewing everything as a steaming pile of biological waste no matter what, and you may as well quit at that point. But going off their trackhistory, they will make it easier to acquire more 4* and 5* champs, but it will not be all that much faster, and certainly not as fast as we would like.
    As for the latter point, well... The problem with that is that you spent time and/or resources to acquire something that helped you now, and will continue helping you, but that will eventually not help as much or at all. However, that is going to happen. In any game like this, what you have now will be outclassed eventually, and you will effectively 'lose' the resources you put into those older champs. But you benefited while you had them, right? Did you grind through everything with level 1 rank 1 champs because you did not want to waste resources on leveling a 2*/3* that will eventually be outdated and useless?
    The main issue to me is simply the timeframe they have in place. Open up 6* shards, and dialogue about the champs, but don't put them in early next year. Let us have more time with our 5* rosters at their peak first.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    How soon can I get my very own 6 star trash can?
  • Your five star champs suck now, even all of your R5/50 four star champs.. So yeah deal with it honestly I hope Kabam is thinking up a new game because this game had peaked. There is no new content no new rewards, still the same little sprinkle of rewards enough to keep you playing but not enough to justify the time you put into this game.. So yeah, good luck with that.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    Wow! Since my post went through without approval this time, I'll try again.

I completely understand where your frustration is coming from and I apologize that this announcement has caused it. We definitely don't mean to cause that feeling once they're released. To touch on what you've said: One of the big reasons we're adding 6-Stars to the game is so that our higher tiered players, like yourself, have the ability to keep growing beyond what you already have with 5-Stars. Same goes for the lower tier. There is a newer goal to work towards that allows for my content within the game. It's important to also remember that champions which are considered valuable are still considered so.

I understand that this may not seem like a "new" addition, but it adds more to do in the long run than what an unlockable move here or there would do. With this will come new Arenas, new crystals and new champions of higher stature. 6-Stars will also have their own unique feature in the same way 5-Stars do. This update opens doors for all players that may have seemed like there was nothing to do beyond their 5-Stars. Which in turn will have an easier time being ranked than previously due to the newest addition of these 6-Star Champions. Your 5-Stars and 4-Stars will still hold merit within the game as long as you wish them to, for use in Story, Event, Alliance Quests and Arenas.

This wasn't a means to diminish their existence, this was a means of ensuring there was more to do beyond what was already achieved and/or close to achieving. We are still also going to continue to add more quest content, and continue to improve The Contest in new ways for all of our players!
    I think that the Kabam team is missing the point. The point is not to have Star rating in this game. The point is to conquer content. Higher star rating does not equate to more content. Increasing the level cap allows for players to (ideally) have more energy to run content, and some of the energy costs for current content are ridiculous already, forcing players back into the endless battle of the various arenas (which seems to be Kabam's primary content in this game, which gets exceptionally boring after a while) to get units to buy energy refills so that they can progress through more content. Adding in 6-star characters does not add content to the game (at least, not yet). I had an entire post full of content suggestions posted previously, located here.

Also, it's great that moderators can use colored text content, but it's obnoxious that they edit out the colored text that users use. I'm really irritated at Adora for doing so to mine earlier.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Bodhizen wrote: »
    My comment cannot be posted until it is approved? What the heck is that? I was not only polite and on-topic, but any criticisms that I posted were fair.

Way to discourage people from posting here.
    Not sure what happened. I use the forums from my computer, so I see the notifications quickly when someone comments. As soon as I clicked to view this whole thread was gone, tried multiple times. Than I get another notification that you commented and the thread is suddenly back. Never seen that before, very weird

• PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    My comment cannot be posted until it is approved? What the heck is that? I was not only polite and on-topic, but any criticisms that I posted were fair.

R4GE wrote: »

Not sure what happened. I use the forums from my computer, so I see the notifications quickly when someone comments. As soon as I clicked to view this whole thread was gone, tried multiple times. Than I get another notification that you commented and the thread is suddenly back. Never seen that before, very weird

Both of these have happened to me as well. They're just forum bugs. Usually, the bug is gone if you reload the page again. If only that was true for the game itself.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

Its usually a matter of commenting to fast or editing instantly after posting. Believe it causes it to be flagged as spam. When it happened to me a mod was able to fix it for me so it wouldn't happen again.
  • So introducing 6 star champions devalues every current champion I have. You guys are just moving the goal post. Try creating content (challenges, quests, BASES) to keep us interested instead of this lazy 6 star ****.

Or MAYBE you can make it so leveling up 5 stars isn't impossible short of selling a kidney.
  • BomberManBomberMan Posts: 58
    Id really like to see champs like SW or Wolvie or Thor released as 5*. I realize there is the argument that they are too God like to be released as 5* champs at this point in the contest. But so is SL. Without him LOL is much more difficult. With him it's a breeze. Consider introducing them please.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    First thought: They might be releasing 6-star champs, so they can release the god-tier 5-stars like Wolverine and Scarlet Witch.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Second thought: I think this is a bad idea. It takes so many resources (time, gold, ISO, shards) to rank/level up a 5* roster, that I cannot imagine people are ready to 'toss them aside' and start to build a 6-star roster.
  • SkylordSkylord Posts: 138
    Will 6* already be awakened? The 5* shards rate has only slight improved takes me at least a month for one pull and with 100+ champs dupes are rare, I can't imagine how long it would take to dupe that special 6* that took a year to acquire
  • BloOdRiderBloOdRider Posts: 2
    I can't wait for 6* Scarlet Witch or Wolverine. But of course you can't even get them in a 5*! So all we get to look forward to in a 6* is the useless champs like venom or kamala khan. Thanks KABAM!
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    I have a mixed reaction, and it contains two points that lead to my solution, so don't jump on the first one alone. Let me explain what I mean. I'll keep it as brief as I can.

Awhile back, I had created a second account. I quit after a week. Why? It was boring. I got a four star after three crystals, which is actually pretty common nowadays. Awesome, right? Wrong. I was still in Act One. There is nothing fun about beating down one stars with four stars. Kabam made three and four stars more common when five stars were released. That can't happen. Their explanation was that the finish line was now harder to achieve, so you need better champions. This is true, but not to start. This game is not your run-of-the-mill "Flappy Bird" game where all you do is mindlessly tap to get the high score. You have to think. You have to use strategy. If you're restricted to fights that you win in four hits, the game takes no strategy, and Kabam loses their target audience.

Now six stars are coming out. The problem will be exacerbated. You'll get three stars like two stars, and four stars like three stars. This will undermine the challenging nature of the game even further. My point is that, while a further goal needs to be set in order for the game to survive, making all the goals before it easier to achieve is counterproductive. If Kabam is going to release six stars, that's okay, but making all the other stars more available could be extremely harmful to the stream of new players that are always trickling in.

All of that is point one. It's been mentioned by many users before, including myself. This isn't just a duplicate thread on that idea. Hear me out.

My second point is that this new feature doesn't only hurt new players will to continue, but it hurts veterans as well. Now, I'm not a veteran by any means. I'm not here to brag on my awesome profile with awesome champions and awesome awesomeness all over. But I've seen many users that ARE veterans say similar things to what I'm about to say: Why would we spend our time and money for six stars if seven stars will replace them in a year?

It's a valid question. When five stars came out, they were extremely rare, and people had to spend lots of time and money to get them. Now, we can get half of one for free every few months. Was the time and money we spent early on really worth it? Why would we spend our money on things that will be virtually free next year? And why would we spend our money on things that will be worthless next year?

Let me rephrase that.

How will Kabam make a profit off of stuff that will be free and useless in the future?

Many people are noticing this trend. If their stuff will be worth nothing soon, they won't give Kabam money for it. We can just wait and spend the same amount for better stuff. By devaluing what we've already worked for, Kabam shows us that they'll devalue anything else we work for. They're taking the value out of their own product, but they keep trying to sell it.

Now for my solution.

People are all ticked off that the five stars they worked so hard to upgrade will be worthless when the new content comes out that is only beatable with six stars. So, instead of making six stars the new five stars, how about they become the upgraded version of five stars? This will be a huge change in how the system works, and I'll walk you through it.

Uncollected Crystals of all types are drastically shifting the game, right? There's an Uncollected version of Free, Daily, Arena, and even Premium Hero Crystals. Why not have an Uncollected version of Three, Four, Five, and the incoming Six Star Crystals? Instead of giving a random champion, these crystals contain all of the champion on your roster of the lower tier. (If it's a 3* crystal, it contains all of your 2* roster). Whatever champ you land on goes up to the next star tier as an unduplicated, Rank 1, Level 1 champion. How this affects six stars is obvious.

People are mad that their hard-earned five stars will be worthless in the upcoming six star content, right? With the Uncollected version of these 6* crystals, they can keep their 5*s in use. They could get a random six star, or tier up a random five star. This crystal would be optional, of course. It wouldn't replace the current Star-specific crystals, but would be another option for the same price. It would only be for the Uncollected users, but we could all eventually get there. This idea ensures that champions will be kept in use, and veteran players won't give up on trying to earn the new highest tier that will soon be replaced, because their champs can progress with them.

Simply put, that means that veterans and new players alike will keep spending money on six stars, because when seven stars come out, the champs they've collected can still be useful. They'll spend money on the eventual seven stars, because when eight stars come out, the champs they've collected can still be useful, and so on.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    I think a good idea for 6*s would be to have them already duped the first time you get them.
    That probably would have been good for 5*s too, but that horse has bolted.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    I think a good idea for 6*s would be to have them already duped the first time you get them.
    That probably would have been good for 5*s too, but that horse has bolted.

It won't be necessary, hopefully they have buffed versions of the useless champs that we have as 4* and 5*. Also hope they have more unique abilities than Adrenaline.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You guys announce this & say “ 5*’s will become more available” and yet you give us 3k 5* shards for act 5.3?! It’s supposed to be the hardest content to date(not including LOL of course) and yet you can even give us enough for 1/2 of a 5*?! We should of easily got enough to form 1 5* crystal. You guys need a new game team like yesterday cause you guys make 0 sense

Act 5.3 rewards are decent for a middle of the act chapter. Also it isn't really any harder than 5.2

• Tobin14Tobin14 Posts: 16
    When can we expect to learn about the rank-up costs of 6* champs? hard for us to plan ahead or prioritize as mentioned in this thread if we don't know what we may need to save. For example, if the first rank up of a 6* requires T5b then I can spend my T4b's freely without concern of 6* champs. If we do not know yet, can we get a rough estimate of when we might start learning some of this information? Surely the 6* planning has progressed a fair amount since the first announcement.
  • HimanshuHimanshu Posts: 4
    hi join me
  • HimanshuHimanshu Posts: 4
    please help 6 star heroes add me and send
  • Tobin14Tobin14 Posts: 16
    Tobin14 wrote: »
    When can we expect to learn about the rank-up costs of 6* champs? hard for us to plan ahead or prioritize as mentioned in this thread if we don't know what we may need to save. For example, if the first rank up of a 6* requires T5b then I can spend my T4b's freely without concern of 6* champs. If we do not know yet, can we get a rough estimate of when we might start learning some of this information? Surely the 6* planning has progressed a fair amount since the first announcement.

Bump
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    Can I please have my 6 star shards back? The update deleted them.
  • 007ENT007ENT Posts: 13
    Does this mean 6* UNSTOPPABLE COLLOSUS will be added to the Alliance Crystal and 6* PUNISHER to the Arena crystal????