**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My alliance (position 1154) vs ASGRD (top 2 base potence)

rojiblanco555rojiblanco555 Posts: 63
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Today my alliance is facing a war vs ASGRD (The Realm Eternal) on Platinum 3 category
We are already defeated, is impossible to win only by base potence they are +2X compared with us, I think that Kabam should add a filter when doing the match making to align similar base potence alliances not only by war potence (We are -1 behind them)

Is impossible to an alliance like us to win a war vs alliances with that measurement

Hope Kabam release a fix on this, that will be more fair for small alliances like us

@Kabam Miike Any plans for this?

Thanks for reading in advance

Comments

• PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Are you in the same bracket

If yes that’s why

Or is it still within realm of the change they made to matchmaking or whatever they changed

If it is they will be pains if you higher then u should,

If you can’t handle the ones in your bracket you may not belong
  • rojiblanco555rojiblanco555 Posts: 63
    Arsoz said:

If you want to stay in platinum you have to be able to beat other platinum alliance

Arsoz said:

If you want to stay in platinum you have to be able to beat other platinum alliance

Yeah, we have won all wars in platinum, except this (defeated already), but they are not really a Platinum alliance not even platinum 3, they are a Expert Alliance without the tittle

Arsoz said:

thing is, its asgrd. They could be masters 1 if they wanted too. They have the cash and the pilots for it.
    E X A C T L Y !
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Looks even to me. The war rating is almost identical.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Yeah, we have won all wars in platinum, except this (defeated already), but they are not really a Platinum alliance not even platinum 3, they are a Expert Alliance without the tittle
    They are absolutely NOT a masters level alliance or anything close to it, that's absurd. You're a plat 3 alliance facing a plat 3 alliance.....
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

They are absolutely NOT a masters level alliance or anything close to it, that's absurd. You're a plat 3 alliance facing a plat 3 alliance.....
    well if they tried......

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

well if they tried......
    1. they don't try so the if is irrelevant, 2. they wouldn't be very good cause they don't have good players
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    I don't understand what's wrong with this? You're facing an alliance in your bracket?

It's not based on prestige or total rating anymore. War matchmaking is exactly how it should be, which is based on which bracket your in.
    edited August 2020
    Well My post was created for this
    My alliance is not complaining about the war, the brackets are ok and the war prestige is ok
    In fact we are happy to face a war vs an alliance like that
    What I am asking is if there are any plans to add the base potence to the match making criteria, so then wars between alliances will be very close and more competitive and the definition will be only for skills, because f an alliance is 2X in base potence is almost sure that they will defeat you, just considerate the ranks in top champs, for example
    We are ok in everything, just asking if there are any plans for what I mention
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

My alliance is not complaining about the war, the brackets are ok and the war prestige is ok
    What I am asking is if there are any plans to add the base potence to the match making criteria, so then wars between alliances will be very close and more competitive and the definition will be only for skills, because f an alliance is 2X in base potence is almost sure that they will defeat you, just considerate the ranks in top champs, for example

no plans
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Not only are there no plans to do anything like that, we just went through an entire war match making redesign that explicitly ripped everything like it out of the match making system. There are, and hopefully will never be, any plans to add it back in.

War seasons are a competition, and that competition tries to find the strongest alliances. Not the ones with the most skillful players if you had them both identical rosters. Your strength is a combination of your playing skill and your roster strength, and factoring out roster strength is counterproductive to a competition that tries to reward the strongest alliances period. You end up with the strongest low prestige alliance and the strongest high prestige alliance both scoring the same amount of points and getting the same rewards while never having to face each other, while many strong alliances get lower rewards than they would otherwise because the strongest low prestige alliance bumps them downward while drawing much easier wars.

And keep in mind that if an alliance with very high alliance rating or prestige was really as unbeatable as you think they are, they wouldn't have such a relatively low rating and matching against you. If they beat up all the other alliances before reaching you, their rating would be too high to match against you. There are alliances with similar alliance ratings and prestige values to your alliance that are placing in Platinum 3 or higher. And there's an alliance in Platinum 1 with an alliance rating of 25 million and prestige of 9492. Under the current match system they can't be avoiding the larger roster alliances, and they are apparently able to win against the competition enough to have a war rating above 1900. Unless they are full of pilots, under the current match system we know they are facing and beating the same set of competition as everyone else in Platinum 1, which is what's the most fair, because they shouldn't have had an easier path to P1 than any other alliance in P1.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Not only are there no plans to do anything like that, we just went through an entire war match making redesign that explicitly ripped everything like it out of the match making system. There are, and hopefully will never be, any plans to add it back in.

War seasons are a competition, and that competition tries to find the strongest alliances. Not the ones with the most skillful players if you had them both identical rosters. Your strength is a combination of your playing skill and your roster strength, and factoring out roster strength is counterproductive to a competition that tries to reward the strongest alliances period. You end up with the strongest low prestige alliance and the strongest high prestige alliance both scoring the same amount of points and getting the same rewards while never having to face each other, while many strong alliances get lower rewards than they would otherwise because the strongest low prestige alliance bumps them downward while drawing much easier wars.

And keep in mind that if an alliance with very high alliance rating or prestige was really as unbeatable as you think they are, they wouldn't have such a relatively low rating and matching against you. If they beat up all the other alliances before reaching you, their rating would be too high to match against you. There are alliances with similar alliance ratings and prestige values to your alliance that are placing in Platinum 3 or higher. And there's an alliance in Platinum 1 with an alliance rating of 25 million and prestige of 9492. Under the current match system they can't be avoiding the larger roster alliances, and they are apparently able to win against the competition enough to have a war rating above 1900. Unless they are full of pilots, under the current match system we know they are facing and beating the same set of competition as everyone else in Platinum 1, which is what's the most fair, because they shouldn't have had an easier path to P1 than any other alliance in P1.
    To add to this, realistically looking at overall hero rating for an alliance is a really poor representation anyway for AW. While it means they have ranked up more champs overall and will likely have better diversity in their defense, at the very extreme end of rating each persons defense can in no way be much higher than 100k rating (without nodes on AWD) at most for 5 defenders and that would still require R3 6* champs and suicides active, which you would only really see at the highest point in masters if at all.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

well if they tried......
    1. they don't try so the if is irrelevant, 2. they wouldn't be very good cause they don't have good players
    sure they don't have good players, but they have good money and good mercs....
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Is impossible to an alliance like us to win a war vs alliances with that measurement

Hope Kabam release a fix on this, that will be more fair for small alliances like us

You're asking Kabam to adjust the measurement such that your alliance can win a war, which is not fair in that sense.
    You're asking for a "fix" but is that "fix" make sense, no.
    Hero rating should NOT be a criteria for war matching as it is irrelevant, unless Kabam change rule and allow you to replace your champs inside the AW.
    If you're a player in silver bucket or below, then I'll pay little mercy, yet you're a plat level player. You should understand the above logic.
    Simple answer: no plan (and no need to have such plan)
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    well too be fair asgard arent a hardcore war alliance, they are primarly AQ focused like AGT W, Re!ax etc, they dont really try in war.

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

well if they tried......
    sure they don't have good players, but they have good money and good mercs....
    and yet.....they suck
    Well we lost but we defeated the 3 bosses
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★

Today my alliance is facing a war vs ASGRD (The Realm Eternal) on Platinum 3 category
    We are already defeated, is impossible to win only by base potence they are +2X compared with us, I think that Kabam should add a filter when doing the match making to align similar base potence alliances not only by war potence (We are -1 behind them)

Thanks for reading in advance

You cannot win them all.