**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Rankups and Help for 6.2.5 and 6.2.6

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I'm currently on 6.2.4, and I'm planning to do it in a day or two. I'm fairly confident with the node and I don't think the boss will be a problem either. however, Ive seen gameplay of the mordo boss, and he looks painful. obviously, everyone has heard of the champion boss. could anyone give me advice on who to rank up for these two fights? thanks :)

Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    Ghost, Colossus, Warlock, Archangel and Human Torch should handle 6.2.5 nicely. Ghost can do it all on her own, but if you want an easier time against the Mordo boss I'd recommend ranking Human Torch before.

As for the Champion boss, your best counter is probably Stealthy – who can't do the fight right now due to the bug. My advice would be just to wait until either you get a Champion counter who can do the fight bugged or until the bug gets resolved, and in the meantime rank Human Torch, Archangel, Sentinel, etc...
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Cap would be good to rank up for The Champion. But Stealthy will certainly put in work. Ghost will be best for Mordo I imagine. HT might be worth a rank-up.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    You got basically no counter to the champion
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Erocks said:

Ghost, Colossus, Warlock, Archangel and Human Torch should handle 6.2.5 nicely. Ghost can do it all on her own, but if you want an easier time against the Mordo boss I'd recommend ranking Human Torch before.

As for the Champion boss, your best counter is probably Stealthy – who can't do the fight right now due to the bug. My advice would be just to wait until either you get a Champion counter who can do the fight bugged or until the bug gets resolved, and in the meantime rank Human Torch, Archangel, Sentinel, etc...

what's the bug about? thanks for the tips
  • Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    joe fixit, ant man, kingpin, beast, and king groot will annihilate those quests and all of them after
    Etjama said:

Cap would be good to rank up for The Champion. But Stealthy will certainly put in work. Ghost will be best for Mordo I imagine. HT might be worth a rank-up.

is cap good for the whole fight or only last 10%? I've heard people said he's not good for the first 90% thanks for the tips
    Arsoz said:

Joe can fix it

joe fixit, ant man, kingpin, beast, and king groot will annihilate those quests and all of them after

hm I might have to rank some of them up
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

is cap good for the whole fight or only last 10%? I've heard people said he's not good for the first 90% thanks for the tips
    There are definitely better options for the first 90%, but I'm pretty sure he works. He can still be stunned with Unstoppable on, so you can parry and nullify. There won't be as much block damage either thanks to the nerfs.
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

There are definitely better options for the first 90%, but I'm pretty sure he works. He can still be stunned with Unstoppable on, so you can parry and nullify. There won't be as much block damage either thanks to the nerfs.
    hm thanks janane.
    I think I'll rank both torch and caiw. I have all the cats for both but I need iso
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★

Erocks said:

The bug makes it so that the Champion still procs his Unstoppable even when stunned. The Unstoppable doesn't do anything, just shows, but in the Champion's Main Event phase if you strike him while Unstoppable you get stunned I think, then comboed into oblivionionionionion
    Erocks said:

Erocks said:

The bug makes it so that the Champion still procs his Unstoppable even when stunned. The Unstoppable doesn't do anything, just shows, but in the Champion's Main Event phase if you strike him while Unstoppable you get stunned I think, then comboed into oblivionionionionion
    oh ok thanks. I wasn't aware he wouldn't go unstoppable when stunned. that definitely seems annoying. any timeline on a fix?
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Erocks said:

Erocks said:

oh ok thanks. I wasn't aware he wouldn't go unstoppable when stunned. that definitely seems annoying. any timeline on a fix?
    I'm pretty sure he meant slowed not stunned.
    Cap IW works for the entire fight but first 90% will be will be harder unawakened.
    There's a phase where champions mediums/lights become unblockable, makes it hard to keep kinetic charges up.
    Awakened with a mystic on the team any time a buff expires he gets a kinetic charge so you don't have to manage them

Erocks said:

Erocks said:

Cap IW works for the entire fight but first 90% will be will be harder unawakened.
    There's a phase where champions mediums/lights become unblockable, makes it hard to keep kinetic charges up.
    Awakened with a mystic on the team any time a buff expires he gets a kinetic charge so you don't have to manage them
    oh yeah that makes more sense. two ags next month, so hopefully I get a science. how does the sig help?
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Erocks said:

Erocks said:

oh yeah that makes more sense. two ags next month, so hopefully I get a science. how does the sig help?
    In this scenario the mystic part of the Sig is what matters. If there's a mystic on the team there's a chance cap gets a kinetic charge everytime a buff expires on the defender.
    Champion procs a lot of furies and unstoppable so he feeds you a lot of kinetic charges. It makes it easier to fight him since you don't need to rely on blocking hits to get kinetic charges
    SteelMan said:

Etjama said:

I did one path with Cap from 100 to 0, it was a nightmare, I'd have brought SymSupreme, but had to do science gate, which is sh**:
    1- you can't solo him, he will heal a ton once you get him ~40-50%, so you have to quit and revive.
    2- between 40-10% you can only block light attack, good luck trying to force him do light instead of medium = no charges = no nullify = can't outdamage his healing
    3- it costed me 16 revives, 15 of them were between 40 to 10. (didn't even use one revive against him in all other paths using SymSupreme)

for your main question, I'd recommend you to wait for SymSupreme, She Hulk, Quake and Dragon man (do mystic/science crystals until you do)
    alright thanks! I was opening the skill/mutant ones in hopes of an aegon or nick for my skill ags, but I'm in need of mystic champs
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Erocks said:

Erocks said:

I believe i've read that this is not a bug.

Stealthy's Slow debuff reduces ability accuracy of Unstoppable and Evade effects by 100%

the Champion either has a phase or a node that increases ability accuracy so he will still be unstoppable and hence the stun.

i think its why the patch notes aim to clarify this.

– Updated the description of Slow for Champs and Nodes. This is to specify if it reduces the Ability Accuracy of Unstoppable and Evade effects by X%.
    RakeYoung said:

Erocks said:

Erocks said:

I believe i've read that this is not a bug.

Stealthy's Slow debuff reduces ability accuracy of Unstoppable and Evade effects by 100%

the Champion either has a phase or a node that increases ability accuracy so he will still be unstoppable and hence the stun.

i think its why the patch notes aim to clarify this.

– Updated the description of Slow for Champs and Nodes. This is to specify if it reduces the Ability Accuracy of Unstoppable and Evade effects by X%.
    if there is a node or whatever like that, it would make sense. what makes shulk a good option?
  • Soyheyor123Soyheyor123 Posts: 395 ★★
    edited August 2020
    same here, I'm also on 6.2.5, my question is, can my roster defeat 6.2.5 and 6.2.6 bosses
    No wasp, no domino trinity

same here, I'm also on 6.2.5, my question is, can my roster defeat 6.2.5 and 6.2.6 bosses

I think ghost and torch can do 6.2.5. sym supreme is one of the best options for the champion so I think you're set
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Rank up that beardo asap

I think ghost and torch can do 6.2.5. sym supreme is one of the best options for the champion so I think you're set
    Thanks for the advice
    what I'm worried about is the final 10%

Thanks for the advice
    I think it's a lot easier now. you can block it and dex.
  • JinøraJinøra Posts: 94
    Hey, I just completed Act 6 this past weekend and I definitely think that Human Torch would for sure be the most valuable rank up for this chapter and the rest of act 6.
    Just a tip don't get baited into using 1 Revive while you team is down on the Mordo make sure to fully team revive or just pop a single revive on the character you want to use the most for the fight.
    The champion boss is fairly simple now just practice special dex's on duel targets and Goodluck
    Jinøra said:

Hey, I just completed Act 6 this past weekend and I definitely think that Human Torch would for sure be the most valuable rank up for this chapter and the rest of act 6.
    Just a tip don't get baited into using 1 Revive while you team is down on the Mordo make sure to fully team revive or just pop a single revive on the character you want to use the most for the fight.
    The champion boss is fairly simple now just practice special dex's on duel targets and Goodluck

do you think a r4 will work?, or r5 is needed
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Rank up Ghost (yes it's a lot of resources but it's 100% worth it, not just for 6.2 clearing but 6.3 and beyond as well)

Rank up Torch and use him vs Mordo (he'll rinse him down)

Open up Science/Mystic crystals (the only thing you're missing is a great counter to the Champion's first 90% phase. I used Sym Supreme at r4 and it was super fun cuz it was sp3 sp2 sp2 sp3 again and again spam). Only used one revive. I purposefully died at 10% because my r5 Cap IW did the last 10% easily. Block 3 sp1's (he has phenomenal block proficiency), throw a special attack, and win the fight. There's many mystics who can help you beat the Champion. However, if you can't manage to get a Sym Supreme, Sorc Supreme, or Doom. I would go with Stealth Spidey. Stealth Spidey can do the entire fight with relative ease. If you just want to get it over with, use Stealth Spidey. He works really well. If you're willing to wait a bit, go for the mystic/science crystal because Symbiote Supreme is the absolute MVP for that fight. But considering that you're only going for completion, you could just go with Stealth Spidey.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

Thanks for the advice
    If you’ve got mystic dispersion you can bring him to bars of power using sp3 to avoid contact. Have a look at some kt1 videos, he does it with Diablo I believe.

Practice the in/out sp1 dex as per MSD she hulk video and you won’t need to block anything. It’s really not that hard, there are some extremely helpful audio cues you can use to time the dash in.

As long as you don’t previously dex to bait him, you can use the dexterity buff in duels to verify you have the technique down.

Good luck!

edited August 2020
    I did it!!! (~‾▿‾)~
    Thanks a lot @Berjibs and @Thicco_Mode