Champion Spotlight - Magneto (House of X)

About Magneto (House of X)
The Master of Magnetism has embraced a self-proclaimed role of detective, judge, jury, and executioner against those who harm mutants. One of the greatest Marvel anti-heroes ever, Magneto exacts his own form of mutant justice, by any means necessary.

Magneto (House of X)’s Mechanics

Unlike Classic Magneto, this fresh version of Magneto (House of X) will be ready to fight alongside any #Metal and #Hero Champions and give them some serious stat boosts. He’s also no slouch on damage himself. Combine tons of Prowess with Armor Break, Bleed, and Degeneration.

BASE STATS & ABILITIES
   Health  Attack  PI (Max Signature)
 3-Star  6548  490  1669
 4-Star  15660  1148  3808
 5-Star  31398  2301  10220
 6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)  40458  2965  13139

Character Class: Mutant
Basic Abilities:
Prowess, Bleed, Armor Break

STRENGTHS:
  • Bleed Bleed Immunity:
  • Magneto (House of X) has now got Full Bleed Immunity, making him awesome for any fights you might have a ton of Bleed coming your way.

• Degen Damage:
  • Magneto (House of X) has got access to some of the only Degeneration Damage on command in the game, use it to DOT away those pesky Robots.

• Guidance:
  • Magneto (House of X) has got a brand new Pre-Fight Ability letting him Buff his teammates for a ton of bonuses and making your Parry Mastery a passive instead of a debuff
WEAKNESSES:
  • Nullify:
  • Magneto (House of X) relies a ton on his Prowess Buffs giving all of his Special Attacks a slew of extra abilities. Make sure you can keep your Buffs up in each fight you enter!

ABILITIES:
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion

Magnetism - Passive
  • #Metal opponents suffer an indefinite Magnetized Passive which is applied 1 seconds after the start of the fight and does the following:
  • -70% Ability Accuracy & -15% Combat Power Rate. Incoming Debuffs gain +25% duration.
  • Magneto (House of X) gains +690.3 Attack rating.
Mutation - Always Active
  • Magneto (House of X)’s attacks deal Energy damage instead of Physical.
  • Magneto (House of X)’s mastery over metal is so great he can staunch the flow of bleeding with a thought, granting Immunity to Bleed effects.
Persistent Charge - Max: 10
  • Magneto (House of X) begins each Quest with 6 Persistent Charge(s).
  • Defeating an opponent grants 1 Persistent Charge. If they’re #Metal, gain 2 Persistent Charges.
  • Landing hits and being struck has a 5% chance per Persistent Charge to grant a 10 second Prowess Buff, granting +10% Special Damage. Max Stacks: 7.
Dev Note: Gain a few Charges early on in a quest and boost your Teammates with Magneto (House of X)’s new Pre-Fight Ability!

Pre-Fight: Guidance Boost
  • Magneto (House of X) can spend 2 Persistent Charges in the pre-fight screen to place a Guidance effect on the fight, which lasts until the Defender is defeated. These effects don’t stack and can be used by Allies.
  • Attacker’s in the fight gain +15% Attack rating.
  • After the first parry, #Metal and #Hero attackers trigger Passive Stun effects with the Parry Mastery instead of Debuffs and they last 0.5 seconds longer.
Heavy Attacks
  • 100% chance to gain a Prowess Buff, lasting 30 seconds and granting +35% Special Attack damage. Max Stacks: 3.
Special Attacks
  • All Prowess Buffs are Paused for the duration of the attack. Magneto (House of X)’s personal Special Attack effects gain bonuses based on how many Prowess Buffs he has when the attack starts.
  • 1+ Prowess: +50% Ability Accuracy.
  • 3+ Prowess: +50% Buff & Debuff Duration.
  • 6+ Prowess: +50% Buff & Debuff Potency.
  • 9+ Prowess: Attack grants the opponent 80% less Power.
Dev Notes: Maximize your Damage with having as many Prowess up when you activate them as you can!
Special 1 Attack: Bloody Shrapnel
  • 70% chance to inflict an Armor Break Debuff, removing 1 Armor Up Buff and reducing Armor Rating by 1130.77 for 14 seconds.

Special 2 Attack: Bleeding Fracture
  • 70% chance to inflict a Bleed Debuff, causing 2761.2 direct damage over 6 seconds. If the opponent is #Metal, instead inflict a Degeneration Debuff. 70% chance to inflict an additional effect if the opponent has an Armor Break Debuff.

Special 3 Attack:COLD-BLOODED FUSION
  • 70% chance to gain a Cruelty Buff, increasing Critical Damage by 400 for 40 seconds. While this Cruelty Buff is active, Magneto (House of X)’s existing Prowess Buffs remain Paused.

Signature Ability: Evolve But Remember

Mutation - Always Active
  • During Magneto (House of X)’s Special Attacks, his Buffs and Debuffs gain +80.81% duration based on how much bonus special damage he’s gaining from Prowess Effects. Max Potency at +150% Prowess.
  • Knocking out an opponent grants an additional Persistent Charge.
Dev Notes: Similar to his Base Kit, make sure to maximize your Prowess before you throw any Special Attack. Also note, with the max prowess potency this can scale up to 120% Duration.

SYNERGY BONUSES
EMetallic Affinity - with Wolverine (X-23), Cable, Taskmaster
  • Wolverine (X-23): Bleed & Cruelty effects gain +35% duration.
  • Cable: Begin the fight with 60% Poison Resistance.
  • Taskmaster: Exploit Weakness attacks deal +40% Damage.
  • Magneto (House of X): Gain an indefinite Prowess Buff, granting +20% Special Attack damage.
  • Unique - Does not stack

Rise Against The Contest - with Professor X and Apocalypse
  • Magneto (House of X): +5% Attack rating during the fight and Magneto (House of X)’s Atonement Synergy gains +25% Potency.
  • Professor X: All of Professor X’s Prowess Buffs gain 20% Duration
  • Apocalypse: HORSEMEN gain +30% Prowess Potency.

Redemption - with Colossus, Guardian
  • Colossus: Opponent’s Nullify & Stagger effects suffer -65% Ability Accuracy.
  • Guardian: Gain Force Field charges 3.5 seconds faster.
  • Magneto (House of X): Defeating #Villain Champions grants 1 Persistent Charge. +10% Attack while fighting #Villains.

Atonement - Self
  • Hero Champions: +8% Attack Rating.
  • Metal Champions: +10% Ability Accuracy.

My Friends - with Thor (Jane Foster), Warlock, Juggernaut
  • All Champions Gain +130 Armor Rating

Nemesis - with Cyclops (New Xavier School), Black Bolt
  • All Champions gain +6% Attack rating

Teammates- with Magik, Wolverine
  • All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance

RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
Deep Wounds
  • Magneto (House of X) has got some serious Bleed Damage, max it out with Deep Wounds!

Double Edge
  • Magneto (House of X) now has full Bleed Immunity letting him safely run Double Edge

Comments

• DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 322 ★★
    Will his pre-fight ability then NOT work against fights like AW bosses, other stun immune fights, etc, since it only triggers “after the first parry”? Or would that first parry (aka first well-timed block) still count towards it?
  • DroidDoes said:

Will his pre-fight ability then NOT work against fights like AW bosses, other stun immune fights, etc, since it only triggers “after the first parry”? Or would that first parry (aka first well-timed block) still count towards it?

Stun immune fights are immune to passive stun so no it would not work.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 4,525 ★★★★★
    Heavy attack prowess has max stack of 3 ... but the specials description says he has bonuses if he gets 9+ prowess. How can he get more than 3 prowesses? What am I missing here?
  • DavEPICDavEPIC Posts: 9
    Haji_Saab said:

Heavy attack prowess has max stack of 3 ... but the specials description says he has bonuses if he gets 9+ prowess. How can he get more than 3 prowesses? What am I missing here?

Landing hits and being struck has a 5% chance per Persistent Charge to grant a 10 second Prowess Buff, granting +10% Special Damage. Max Stacks: 7.

u can also get one from synergy:
    Magneto (House of X): Gain an indefinite Prowess Buff, granting +20% Special Attack damage.
    Unique - Does not stack
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★

DroidDoes said:

Stun immune fights are immune to passive stun so no it would not work.
    well you can still parry regardless of debuff immune or not.so the first parry will attempt a stun debuff and there after a passive.
    but it won't work on stun immune at all. it will work on debuff immune, and it will bypass limber
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    edited August 29
    will his pre fight work in AW for team mates?
    say if i use the pre-fight will my mate then get the benifit if he fights the AW boss?

will they stack? if say 4 team mates all use the pre fight on the AW boss will they stack?
    will it also stack alongside G99 and Mr F pre-fights?
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 611 ★★★
    Guys why don't you make a post regarding the #Horseman tag instead of posting it on Magneto (House or X).. it doesn't have any connection with X-men, Prof Charles Xavier or Magneto... maybe if it were a champion spotlight on Apocalypse, then that would make sense..

Anyways, which Magneto are you more excited for - Magneto (red OG) or Magneto (House of X)?
    i have 6* Magneto (House of X) and 5* Magneto (red) both dupe.. House of X is probably who I'm more excited for.. if his synergy to #metal teammates makes them better..
    Only thing I don't like is I have not completed the Variant with Magneto and its going to be harder.
  • Megawave22Megawave22 Posts: 3
    The stun passive is bugged a bit. Just had a couple round with my Magento(house of x) and it only worked sometimes.
  • The stun passive is bugged a bit. Just had a couple round with my Magento(house of x) and it only worked sometimes.

The team is looking into this so we can work on getting this issue resolved.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 161
    Not sure if this was already answered but when does his name change to House of X. It still says Marvel Now
    Shadowstrike, I noticed that too, the sp1 and sp2 animations were switched.. but sp3 is the same as Magneto og red.. but for now I prefer that the passive parry bug be fixed.. it is sort of a letdown that even after one of the CCP summoners (Lagacy) mentioned the bug to kabam, but they didn't make corrective measures to correct it.. now the bug is in live server.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 463 ★★★
    The first parry requirement was not there in beta, what was the reason for the addition? Was that added to prevent him from bypassing debuff immune nodes? Well done, you already gave the red one a better buff, even took away one of the more useful abilities.
  • Any update on the party not working and causing sliding with the prefight activation ?
  • Saint_Mart74Saint_Mart74 Posts: 17
    Why can't degen only apply to bleed immune and robot champs? Magneto is unable to take advantage of the deep wounds mastery. For example, WS of ROL should be able to bleed but instead he degens on the SP2. Also, Tech champs should not be able to have class advantage because of Magneto's magnetism. Lastly, the description on Magneto's sig ability reads, "Bleed and Armor break debuffs duration..." If a #metal champ degens, then his sig ability doesn't help in prolonging the debuff duration.
    edited September 13
    Is Magneto House of X (just noticed the name was corrected from Magneto Now to House of X), pre-fight ability still broken.. I seldom use it.. but sometimes I use it but don’t notice the slide.. and occasionally opponent is stun so wondering if he is fixed. Thanks.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 463 ★★★
    edited September 13
    I told many times that White magneto was not looking good, many people thought I was not giving Kabam credit. The fact that he gives something in a team is not good, if that character itself is mediocre. At the minimum, he should have had the magnet abilities matched with the Red one.
    #Kabam Ziibit, #Kabam John, any update to Magneto House of X bug.. will his pre-fight ability be changed?
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 111
    When using Mags prefight and then going in with Colossus there is an issue that Colossus will not generate his fury when using heavy after parry.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious
  • DaphboyDaphboy Posts: 427 ★★
    SCZ said:

When using Mags prefight and then going in with Colossus there is an issue that Colossus will not generate his fury when using heavy after parry.

This. Just went in to rol so I could test out my new 6* r2 colossus with this synergy and not only was the parry not stunning 50% of the time, his fury passive does not activate at all.

• te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 414 ★★
    edited September 19
    Daphboy said:

SCZ said:

This. Just went in to rol so I could test out my new 6* r2 colossus with this synergy and not only was the parry not stunning 50% of the time, his fury passive does not activate at all.

this is not a bug (the fury part at least): colossus needs to remove a stun debuff to gain a fury, if the stun is passive the ability doesn't trigger. This pre-fight ability for colossus is useful only in situations where the normal stun wouldn't work (tenacity, debuff immune, limber, mordo, korg, ecc.) ^_^
  • MemphistophilesMemphistophiles Posts: 58
    edited September 29
    There's a bug with Magneto (House of X)'s Bleed Immunity. I've fought him using my Yondu several times now (Tech + not #Metal is always nice). If the defender is Bleed Immune, Yondu inflicts an Armor Break instead. Every time I fight the new Mags, a grey "Immune" popup appears on his side of the screen. Since he's immune, why isn't Yondu Armor Breaking him instead?

I haven't tested this immunity interaction issue with any other champs yet, but I will since I'm posting about it. Just have to find the right champs (hopefully not Skill lol) and a good duel target. Apologies if this topic already has a forum post. Couldn't find one when I searched.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 476 ★★★
    i think it has to do with the way it works. Mag House of X is 100% bleed resistance, which is different from being immune, i believe.
  • "....granting Immunity to Bleed effects."
    I don't see anywhere that states resistance instead of immunity. Just saying
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 476 ★★★
    nvm you are right. i was thinking about Apoc horseman synergy granting bleed resistance
  • MemphistophilesMemphistophiles Posts: 58
    ** I tested out another champ for the Bleed immunity. Fought the 6* Magneto (House of X) duel target with my 4* Carnage. After heavy attacking, a grey "Immune" popup appeared and Magneto was armor broken.

Works with Carnage, doesn't work with Yondu.
  • OlandenOlanden Posts: 19
    No news on when his bugged passive stun Will be fixed? @Kabam Miike ?