**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hear me out... Rhino is a Low Demi-God tier champion.

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
Rhino is considered a meme tier champion by the majority of the community. I'm here to give you a different insight on Rhino's potential.

Everyone talks about Ghost and Quake's sustainability because they never/rarely have to get hit. Well neither does Rhino. He has GUARANTEED INTERCEPTS! That means that you can keep intercepting with the safety net that you are unstoppable, meaning that you can react if they decide to light intercept you. In addition, through Rhino's awakened ability, he gains extra physical resistance, meaning he will take less damage if he is light intercepted into an unstoppable charge. Also, sometimes, those GUARANTEED intercepts are unblockable, meaning that you can PENETRATE the opponent's block and create an opening for yourself to get in a full combo. This is some essential utility for stun immune matchups, where you can't parry. So keep on dashing in until your attack is unblockable! It's very similar to Nova's play style, in which you keep intercepting to build up his charges. Rhino has a high health pool and above average base attack, which can be improved with his fury buffs.

In addition, many people are undervaluing Rhino's potential as a 6* r3 AW boss. The boss is stun immune, meaning you can't stun them, so you have to rely on intercepts. Unfortunately for the attacker, intercepts won't work against Rhino because he will charge at you with his unstoppable. Pair this with a massive health pool AW boss, Rhino may actually be a menacing threat on AW defense as a boss!

Now I'm not saying that Rhino is a top champion or anything. The truth is he isn't. He needs an update. In addition to his current kit, he needs to have some immunities/resistances to certain debuff effects, more damage, and more utility (such as evade counter vs Spiderverse heroes or slow debuff). But I just think that some people are undervaluing Rhino. He's a decent champion. He's below average, yes, but he is in no way near the likes of meme tier champions like Iron Patriot and Deadpool X-Force. With an update to his current kit by buffing up his damage numbers and providing him with some utility, I think he could be a banging champion.

Cheers folks.

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

nah, rhino is ass

didn't even read my post fam
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

nah, rhino is ass

Garunteed intercepts
    > you get hit

War boss
    > just use she hulk/stealthy lol

Physical resistance
    > so what, hes not gonna last in content where phys resist actually matters like 6.4 due to his ass damage
    War boss
    - Quake the fight

To have the guaranteed intercept you also get hit, and in stuff like 6.4 that can be like 30% of your health in one hit.

but he gains extra physical resistance through his awakened ability and has some nice armor through his base kit which mitigates that damage quite a bit. And not everything is about Act 6.4, his guaranteed intercepts can be used in other pieces of content with lesser attack values.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★

nah, rhino is ass

Garunteed intercepts
    > you get hit

War boss

Physical resistance
    > so what, hes not gonna last in content where phys resist actually matters like 6.4 due to his ass damage
    Just do a rhino boss with stubborn. When he dashes at you and goes unblockable, you either trigger stubborn or take a hit.
    Edeuink said:

You’re right. He probably could be a decent boss option, especially because he’s a stubborn defender.

That too. Stubborn makes him even harder to face.
  • NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★

To have the guaranteed intercept you also get hit, and in stuff like 6.4 that can be like 30% of your health in one hit.

but he gains extra physical resistance through his awakened ability and has some nice armor through his base kit which mitigates that damage quite a bit. And not everything is about Act 6.4, his guaranteed intercepts can be used in other pieces of content with lesser attack values.
    yes, because content with lesser attack values is "hard" yes good champs can only be used in act 5 and below nice

Well thats certainly one way to look at it. But uhm. No

Dang I thought you would agree cuz you rank 3 interesting 6 star champions, SAD!
    Edeuink said:

nah, rhino is ass

Garunteed intercepts
    > you get hit

War boss

Physical resistance
    Just do a rhino boss with stubborn. When he dashes at you and goes unblockable, you either trigger stubborn or take a hit.
    just dex it and wait for it not to be unblockable... or intercept that dash with she hulk/stealthys slow... have you not fought stubborn yet?
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Here is a god tier strategy for rhino dash back and dash forward repeat

nah, rhino is ass

Garunteed intercepts
    > you get hit

War boss

Physical resistance
    Erocks said:

Wow, so you can continually intercept and then get hit on the intercept! I can see how viable this is in act 6 with massive attack pools!

And Rhino’s damage is not good. His fury effect is weak.

He has no potential as an AW boss. Have you heard of “baiting heavies?”

I really hope this post was a joke.

When, in my entire post, did I ever mention certain pieces of content that he would be viable in? I never said he would be viable in x content and not viable in y content. I said that he COULD be viable in some content. I understand that with Act 6.3 and 6.4's high attack values, there could be issue. But there's so much other content than Act 6. Rhino could be a decent option for Variant 2 because he's XL and the attack values there aren't high. Side quests and event quests could also be a good place for him to shine as well. Act 5 as well.

And Rhino has potential as a war boss because he is a stubborn defender. That makes him that much harder to face. You typically have to dex his heavy attack so the fight will go so much slower, leaving more room for mistakes.
    edited August 2020
    MaxGaming said:

That's legit what my entire post is saying... but yes, thank you for pointing it out. His playstyle is very similar to Nova's playstyle, and Nova is generally regarded as a low Demi-God tier champion. Keep intercepting. Nova has the auto-block safety net, while Rhino has the unstoppable safety net. They're quite similar. Both are good defenders as well. Just because Nova has newer and cooler animations doesn't mean he's better.

nah, rhino is ass

Garunteed intercepts
    > you get hit

War boss

Physical resistance
    Erocks said:

Wow, so you can continually intercept and then get hit on the intercept! I can see how viable this is in act 6 with massive attack pools!

When, in my entire post, did I ever mention certain pieces of content that he would be viable in? I never said he would be viable in x content and not viable in y content. I said that he COULD be viable in some content. I understand that with Act 6.3 and 6.4's high attack values, there could be issue. But there's so much other content than Act 6. Rhino could be a decent option for Variant 2 because he's XL and the attack values there aren't high. Side quests and event quests could also be a good place for him to shine as well. Act 5 as well.

And Rhino has potential as a war boss because he is a stubborn defender. That makes him that much harder to face. You typically have to dex his heavy attack so the fight will go so much slower, leaving more room for mistakes.
    Variant 2 hes good for 2.1 with the global, nothing else, and the attack value in v2 is the same as 6.3 lol, and again being useful in act 5 does not make you good, you can use literally anyone in act 5

nah, rhino is ass

Garunteed intercepts
    > you get hit

War boss

Physical resistance
    Erocks said:

Variant 2 hes good for 2.1 with the global, nothing else, and the attack value in v2 is the same as 6.3 lol, and again being useful in act 5 does not make you good, you can use literally anyone in act 5
    "you can use literally anyone in act 5" is such a bad argument. That's exactly what people like you are gonna say about Act 6 in a year when Act 7 is the main piece of content. Just because old content is old doesn't mean that any champion can do it. There's still nodes and certain champions that need counters.

nah, rhino is ass

Garunteed intercepts
    > you get hit

War boss

Physical resistance
    Erocks said:

"you can use literally anyone in act 5" is such a bad argument. That's exactly what people like you are gonna say about Act 6 in a year when Act 7 is the main piece of content. Just because old content is old doesn't mean that any champion can do it. There's still nodes and certain champions that need counters.
    theres like 4 specific things in act 5, mephisto boss, collector boss, ultron boss, spiked armor, none of which rhino is good for.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

MaxGaming said:

That's legit what my entire post is saying... but yes, thank you for pointing it out. His playstyle is very similar to Nova's playstyle, and Nova is generally regarded as a low Demi-God tier champion. Keep intercepting. Nova has the auto-block safety net, while Rhino has the unstoppable safety net. They're quite similar. Both are good defenders as well. Just because Nova has newer and cooler animations doesn't mean he's better.
    You can thank me later for this TL;DR (getting me up to a 5* with insightfuls would be nice though)
    Y'all aren't understanding my point. Read the title. It says that "Low Demi-God Tier". All of you are bringing up Act 6 and all sorts of arguments but you're not getting my point. Never once did I say that he'd be a top option for anything. Never once did I even say that he'd be a viable Act 6 option. Low Demi-God Tier champions aren't typically used for much content except very specific things. I'm just saying that he's not a meme tier champion. He has some uses and some abilities that could be useful. He's not meme tier. That doesn't mean he has to be God tier. He's a below average champion, but not absolute trash.

nah, rhino is ass

Garunteed intercepts
    > you get hit

War boss

Physical resistance
    Erocks said:

theres like 4 specific things in act 5, mephisto boss, collector boss, ultron boss, spiked armor, none of which rhino is good for.

Y'all aren't understanding my point. Read the title. It says that "Low Demi-God Tier". All of you are bringing up Act 6 and all sorts of arguments but you're not getting my point. Never once did I say that he'd be a top option for anything. Never once did I even say that he'd be a viable Act 6 option. Low Demi-God Tier champions aren't typically used for much content except very specific things. I'm just saying that he's not a meme tier champion. He has some uses and some abilities that could be useful. He's not meme tier. That doesn't mean he has to be God tier. He's a below average champion, but not absolute trash.

he is only useful in variant 2.2.1, and as a ebb and flow intercept defender, that is not enough to get him out of meme tier.