**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cavalier rewards [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Can’t really c

You are saying that u buffed the rewards for uc difficulty but I don't see any difference between new and old one especially in terms of shards
    And cavalier difficulty rewards should be good especially those 6 star shards and atleast 25% of a t5cc and if it can be a selector then it will gonna helps us alot
    And there should be a rank 4-5 gem to rank up 5 star more fast
    Although rewards sucks for both uc and cavalier difficulty

For UC, there’s another 2500 6* shards and 4 extra T4cc (because those will be so useful!) among a few other bits.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

The completion rewards contradict your statement ; initial completion helps you to r5 5* champs . You cant just justify it by saying EQ rewards shldnt be better that act 6 and abyss rewards. We are just asking what u guys claimed in DEV DIARIES @Kabam Miike

Helps. They didn't say we'll get enough to take a Champ from R1 to R5 every month from Completion. That would be insane. Just like anything in the game, the Rewards contribute to other sources as well overall.
  • Tomtom1979Tomtom1979 Posts: 15
    The issue isn’t just the lacklustre rewards for cav difficulty, but how long they’ll stay like that for.

How long have UC EQ rewards been outdated? Years, despite many a forum thread and CCP video saying they need to be improved to be in line with the state of the game.

These cav rewards already have a sense of staleness given the progression of Cavalier rosters in the last 12 months, without regular review & updates these rewards will quickly appear worse than they do now
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    MattMan said:

MattMan said:

Aziz5253 said:

MattMan said:

Hi everybody,

I messed up and didn't realize that I had left 37,200 Tier 2 Alpha Fragments off of the rewards list, and this entire time I thought we were talking about the same amount, but you guys have only been talking about the Completion rewards.

I hope that helps a little, and again, I am so sorry for dragging this out. I should have checked that again as soon as you guys mentioned it. Some of you even said 10k, and I glossed right over it.

You mean you scurried back to someone’s office and frantically got them to add something in to try and appease the masses? There’s no credibility left for you people
    What, humans can't make a mistake these days? I was pretty pissed too at Miike trying to justify 10k t2 alphas as sufficient, but he made a mistake and he said sorry for it. Or what, do you want a 6 star nexus for compensation?
    Mistakes are company culture at Kabam.
    I bet you're perfect huh. Nothing you ever do has been a mistake or anything right? Companies make mistakes. Please tell me one that isn't guilty of that. Go ahead, i'll wait. What's even more amazing is that you're still here. You have one of the most negative views of the game and Kabam and you're still playing the game. Baffling.
    Mistakes are only OK if you learn from them...I see no evidence that Kabam truly does.

Go ahead and complain about others complaining some more....I’ll wait.
    Not catering to every little demand that you THINK should happen isn't a mistake. You act like the community could run the company better but none of you are actually doing it. Do you run a multi-million dollar business that offers one of the most successful games in mobile game history? No you don't. Everyone thinks they know better, but they don't. This game is going on 6 years. If they were as bad as you make them out to be, they wouldn't be here right now. So stop with the "Out of touch" non-sense. It's only out of touch because it's not what you wanted.
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    ExWeapon said:

Masterdux said:

We should give tha Kabam overlords a break here, this will be the first month for this brand new content, I'll wait till I've done It (or at least atempt to) to judge it, I was expecting something a little bit better, but I wasn't expecting the bump to uncollected rewards, and i was really surprised/exited about the 4* objective.
    Then again, if this is a Variant level difficulty but whit much worse rewards then the community will have all the rights to be mad.
    I'm hopeful tough ;)

And what have they done lately to deserve the befit of the doubt?
    They've bent over backwards to appease people that don't deserve it just to make people happy since they never are.
    They've mostly said a lot of things and have yet to deliver on it.
    They've also said they would take time for it. A lot of stuff that was scheduled for July, August and September has been delivered, Duel crystals, Boss rush, Cavalier difficulty, Sell from stash from the top of my mind.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,683 ★★★★★
    Hey @Kabam Miike ,
    Can you ask your wider team if we can buff:
    6* shards on completion from 750 > 1000
    6* shards on exploration from 4250 > 5000
    T5CC on exploration from 10% > 20%?

Small buff and we gucci.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    At this point yall might as well start thinking about whatever difficulty is coming next after cavalier. If these came out when cavalier title first did then that's one thing but this is just late in all honesty.
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Aziz5253 said:

ExWeapon said:

Masterdux said:

We should give tha Kabam overlords a break here, this will be the first month for this brand new content, I'll wait till I've done It (or at least atempt to) to judge it, I was expecting something a little bit better, but I wasn't expecting the bump to uncollected rewards, and i was really surprised/exited about the 4* objective.
    Then again, if this is a Variant level difficulty but whit much worse rewards then the community will have all the rights to be mad.
    I'm hopeful tough ;)

They've bent over backwards to appease people that don't deserve it just to make people happy since they never are.
    They've also said they would take time for it. A lot of stuff that was scheduled for July, August and September has been delivered, Duel crystals, Boss rush, Cavalier difficulty, Sell from stash from the top of my mind.
    They’ve had years
    After they said it? Nope.
    For adding them to the game in the first place before the backlash? I guess yes, but that's not what I was replying to.
    Lvernon15 said:

Aziz5253 said:

ExWeapon said:

Masterdux said:

I'm hopeful tough ;)

They’ve had years
    To give people everything they want all the time, keep the game running, balance new additions into the current mechanics, predict reactions, and work on everyday maintenance and ongoing issues? No amount of years could fill a bill of expectations that never stop.
    They've been running things for years. Not sitting in a room with a chalkboard.
  • Blaine_94Blaine_94 Posts: 31
    I expected exactly these rewards... but doubled :#
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★

Hi everybody,

I messed up and didn't realize that I had left 37,200 Tier 2 Alpha Fragments off of the rewards list, and this entire time I thought we were talking about the same amount, but you guys have only been talking about the Completion rewards.

I hope that helps a little, and again, I am so sorry for dragging this out. I should have checked that again as soon as you guys mentioned it. Some of you even said 10k, and I glossed right over it.

Must've been a long day huh?

Anyways this has made me a lot more excited for Cavalier difficulty. Thanks Miike.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

These rewards would have been great a year ago when we needed a cavalier difficulty. But the game is past that now.

The game is past Cavalier difficulty? The vast overwhelming majority of players haven't even reached this obsolete difficulty yet.

I know this is a radical idea around these parts, but the place to look for what is appropriate for Cavalier difficulty is not a mirror, it is Uncollected difficulty. Cavalier is the next step up from Uncollected. It has one purpose only, and that is to be a reasonable bridge for players who have gotten past UC and reached Cav to proceed upward. It isn't for players who have "completed everything" exclusively. The idea that the game can somehow "get past" Cavalier difficulty is ridiculous: everyone saying "the game" has gone past this point is actually just saying *they* have gone past that point and now want the next tier of difficulty to be targeted at them specifically.

There are players who can, and always will, advance right to the top of the game's content. They might spend more, they might be in very high alliances, and they might just be that good at playing the game. But the vast majority of players need an actual progression path upward, and Cav difficulty is meant for *them*. Cavalier difficulty is the next step higher on a ladder of progress. And when you add higher steps to a ladder, you look at the current highest step and you make it a little bit higher than that one. You don't say the ladder is several years old now, and you need to catch up by making the next higher step six feet above the previous one. Because then the ladder stops functioning as a ladder, and only acrobats can use it.

For players that have done Act 6 100% and fully explored the Abyss or are getting gigatons of rewards from Platinum and Map 7 alliances, congratulations, you're an acrobat. Have fun trapezing in the Omega rush. But don't be surprised when the game adds ladders for people who need steps, and not for people who want acrobatic platforms.
    Let me clarify. When I say it has moved past cavalier difficulty, I mean that we now have many other ways to achieve the cavalier mark. Variants are that bridge in my opinion, especially variant 5. Maybe less so Variant 1.

In fact, I’ve been saying this since the cavalier title was released. It is not the progression point at which I believe the next ‘big step’ ie a new difficulty should be set at. Players can easily get cavalier before elders bane. I firmly believe that next ‘big step’ should have been Act 6 completion. That is the point at which I believe a new difficulty and it’s associated rewards are needed to progress.

I understand your view, maybe not the tone you explained it with, but I understand it. But having done Act 6 100% and envisioning Act 7, the difference between completion and exploring is absolutely staggering. Especially when the Act 6 nerds go live, Cavalier is going to be much more achievable, indeed all of Act 6 completion.

I don’t think the game needs cavalier difficulty. You used the metaphor of steps on a ladder. Well let me explain my view to you using that. Cavalier difficulty is like adding the next step at half the distance of which other steps have been set apart. Not further apart.

Contrary to what you might assume, I don’t think it should be targeted at the likes of me. That would be ridiculous. That would be a 6 foot gap. We both want this new difficulty to be the next step in progression point. But I don’t think that’s cavalier. Maybe a year ago it was because the rewards players could get from events, alliances, etc were not as large. But rewards in that area of the game have improved to the point where I believe a new difficulty targeted at that progression point is unnecessary
    I don't agree for the simple reason that the Variants are not repeatable. They are a nice bump up, but they cannot be used to develop a player over time. While Act 6's difficulty is being tuned downward, both Act 6 itself and the long term future of higher end content is obviously moving towards having wider more developed rosters. You're going to need a lot of different champs (or at least, most players of average skill will). And that means for any given player, their ability to continue to progress past 6.1/Cavalier to 6.4 and beyond into Book 2 will often require pausing at some point they can't get past and doing something to build up roster. That something has to be continuous, repeatable content which is what the monthly quests have always been for.

You might get lucky, and you might get by with just a few ranked up champs, but someone else might need more specific content counters and perhaps at higher rank ups. They'll need content they can farm for progressional rewards that widen and rank up their roster. I think the jump from 6.1 to 6.4 or Book 2 is way too big for most players. Most aren't going to be able to do that jump all that once, they will need more resources than the Variants will hand them to get there. Some might need a lot more resources than that gained over a long period of time. That's why Cavalier is supposed to have an easy path doable by relatively new Cavs, and harder paths for people who have progressed deeper into Act 6: to target the wide range of different people who might be stuck at different points of progress trying to get through or fully explore Act 6 (and then beyond into Book 2).

Could you do this without a Cavalier difficulty? Sure, you could even do it without Uncollected difficulty. It is simply a matter of time. Cav difficulty accelerates player progress (for those that can do it) faster than it would be if only UC difficulty existed. Clearly, players can reach the top of the content without Cav difficulty, but I don't think the average player could do so in a reasonable amount of time.

Meanwhile a difficulty targeted at Throne Breakers would only be suitable for a tiny fraction of players, and those are already the players that have proven to be the fastest progressing players. They are already out of reach of most content. Giving them even faster progress with content and rewards targeted at them would make it even harder to make content appropriate to them that coexists in the rest of the game. You're going to burn up the progression room in the 6* space and accelerate having to decide what comes next. That's not something to rush towards any quicker than absolutely necessary.
    Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely do not believe it should be targeted at throne breakers. In fact, I believe it should have been an act 6 completion title for the goal of getting throne breaker. That requires such a depth of roster the difference between that and completion is startling. From what I know, and can say, Act 6 completion might be about to become less roster intensive. Might. Maybe that’s why my view suffers from you (I was part of the Act 6 Focus Group)

I understand your point about variants, but we’re getting them released apparatus more regularly now and supplemented with UC EQ seems like more than enough wiggle room to get enough rank up materials and champs to get Act 6 completion.

When I think of Act 6 completion and Cav completion, I was working with UC EQ and only 2 or 3 variants and only getting elder bane 3 months before. I got all chapters except 6.2 done on the first day, and I’m certainly not the best player at all. So I consider that, plus the increased variants and rewards in other places of the game, I don’t think building a roster capable of Act 6 completion is all that bad

Now, I compare that with Act 6 exploration, and even with over 20 R5 5*s I was still struggling for options, despite increased rewards everywhere. Act 6 completion felt very achievable for me, even though I’m not a top player. Not even close. Exploration was much, much worse. If I had to go back and pick a point to help my progression, I would I choose act 6 completion. That jump is much, much larger than 6.1 to 6.4. I won’t comment on Act 7 since we have no idea what that looks like anymore

That’s how I’ve reached my conclusions on cavalier difficulty anyway
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Alright, I’ve thought about it, and I’ve come up with what I think are reasonable improvements to make the rewards relevant, not just now, but in the future as well.

Add 2.5k 6* shards. Make it a full crystal between UC and Cavalier. That seems fair considering UC and master follows that pattern with a 5*.

Make the 6* sigs generic or add another 10. Monetising prestige is fine but throw us FTP a bone. We haven’t seen them in any other content besides abyss, so at the rate your suggesting, assuming you pull 2 sigs of a class you’re targeting, which is an even split between classes, it will take 8.3 year’s to get a 6* to max sig. 10 generics will still make it take over 18 months

Finally, make the objective T5CC a selector. I’m not too fussed about this one, but it provides some guaranteed value month to month. Right now these rewards have very little guaranteed value. If you’re willing to put it in offers, I see no reason to not see it here. Still going to take 7-8 months to form a full T5CC assuming you pull the class you’re targeting once or twice from the T5CC in the main EQ and the side quest. And the objective will be much more difficult to complete.

The rest is fine in my opinion. I still maintain that there should have been a title for Act 6 completion and the new difficulty level should have been based around that. These rewards would have been great a year ago when we needed a cavalier difficulty. But the game is past that now. I really don’t think a cavalier difficulty can maintain relevance. Just my two cents though. We need to see the difficulty, but with the rewards, the whole thing should be 6.1 difficulty or it just might not be worth it for so many players

Very well said. Please take this into consideration Kabam.
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    I personally feel like the completion rewards are lacking
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    I’ll even take 750 more 6* shards for completion and exploration.

Completion = 1500
    Exploration = 5000
    Total = 6500 shards

Even that would be quite a bit better than this in my opinion and also not asking too much.