**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cavalier rewards [Merged Threads]

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Honestly thinking about it, if Cavalier is as hard as Herald meaning the nodes are similar for the lanes and the boss is about 300k. That's not entirely too bad, especially since we'll have all r3 6 stars by mid next year for most of us.

A selector for 10% t5cc would be awesome and 2.5k more 6 star shards.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    This Forum: 🤬

Me trying to read it: 🤯
    edited August 2020
    kenadroid said:

My concern is why the removal of the Beginner level quest. It offers free units just by autoplaying and with just 1 energy per tile, it is the best to do during hero use events. Another thing is that beginner level offers two star champions not found in the basic phc pool.

Kabam people please don't remove beginner level. Free units is always important for F2P players like me.

If you do uncollected then you should get them back. Maybe try normal for hero use. 🤷‍♂️
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. We built these rewards with a few things in mind: This needs to be sustainable moving forward, it needs to help players strengthen their rosters, and it needs to be what players were asking for.

These rewards were designed with your feedback. We looked at Forum threads, videos, tweets; and had conversations with players. In most of the cases, these rewards exceeded what reasonable Summoners had been asking for.

Also, please keep in mind that we've already announced the new Legendary difficulty for Side Events that will also be a new permanent fixture of the Contest.

That statement is a total cop out, where is all this so called feedback and all these tweets and videos? It exceeded nothing apart from your low standards.
    The summer of pain continues.
    He didn't say this is exactly what people asked for. He said they got feedback, and with most feedback, they have to take it into account as well as weight it against the content itself and the balance of Resources overall.
  • JinøraJinøra Posts: 94
    These rewards are actually fine imo
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Guys it can be adjusted in the future. Just give it a minute to breathe and see how hard it is. It could be easier than we are expecting. If that’s the case then we won’t need crazy rewards from it, although a case could be made for wanting harder content to justify better rewards. This is a new thing for everyone, so patience is good in order to make discussions smooth.

Wait until Thursday and when you get a feel for it before dog-piling
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Why can't we form a full 6 star by exploring the ENTIRETY of Legendary and Uncollected difficulty?

If you 100% explore Master and Uncollected difficulty, you form a full 5 star crystal. Uncollected difficulty got released years ago. We're in 2020 now. We should be able to form a 6 star crystal by exploring Legendary and Uncollected difficulty.
    I’m good with these most of these rewards except for a slight buff of T2A.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

MattMan said:

MattMan said:

MattMan said:

Aziz5253 said:

MattMan said:

Hi everybody,

I messed up and didn't realize that I had left 37,200 Tier 2 Alpha Fragments off of the rewards list, and this entire time I thought we were talking about the same amount, but you guys have only been talking about the Completion rewards.

I hope that helps a little, and again, I am so sorry for dragging this out. I should have checked that again as soon as you guys mentioned it. Some of you even said 10k, and I glossed right over it.

You mean you scurried back to someone’s office and frantically got them to add something in to try and appease the masses? There’s no credibility left for you people
    What, humans can't make a mistake these days? I was pretty pissed too at Miike trying to justify 10k t2 alphas as sufficient, but he made a mistake and he said sorry for it. Or what, do you want a 6 star nexus for compensation?
    Mistakes are company culture at Kabam.
    I bet you're perfect huh. Nothing you ever do has been a mistake or anything right? Companies make mistakes. Please tell me one that isn't guilty of that. Go ahead, i'll wait. What's even more amazing is that you're still here. You have one of the most negative views of the game and Kabam and you're still playing the game. Baffling.
    Mistakes are only OK if you learn from them...I see no evidence that Kabam truly does.

Go ahead and complain about others complaining some more....I’ll wait.
    Not catering to every little demand that you THINK should happen isn't a mistake. You act like the community could run the company better but none of you are actually doing it. Do you run a multi-million dollar business that offers one of the most successful games in mobile game history? No you don't. Everyone thinks they know better, but they don't. This game is going on 6 years. If they were as bad as you make them out to be, they wouldn't be here right now. So stop with the "Out of touch" non-sense. It's only out of touch because it's not what you wanted.
    If you’re satisfied with the way things are then no need to keep coming back to the forums just to complain about those who aren’t. Just go away.

People holding them to their commitments and pushing them to be better might just be a reason why the game is as successful as it is. Ever considered that?

Always trying to make it personal....pathetic.
    This is all for way easier content than act 6.
    I have an issue with that sentence in particular for two reasons.

First we don't know exactly how hard Cav EQ exploration will be. So that's a major assumption.

Second. The only assumption that we can go off, is that Kabam stated that some paths would be closer to act 6.4 in the dev diary.

It would be safer to assume that to get all those monthly rewards, it won't be "easier content than act 6", but closer to the same.
    I don't disagree. I wrote it in haste.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

Alright, I’ve thought about it, and I’ve come up with what I think are reasonable improvements to make the rewards relevant, not just now, but in the future as well.

Add 2.5k 6* shards. Make it a full crystal between UC and Cavalier. That seems fair considering UC and master follows that pattern with a 5*.

Make the 6* sigs generic or add another 10. Monetising prestige is fine but throw us FTP a bone. We haven’t seen them in any other content besides abyss, so at the rate your suggesting, assuming you pull 2 sigs of a class you’re targeting, which is an even split between classes, it will take 8.3 year’s to get a 6* to max sig. 10 generics will still make it take over 18 months

Finally, make the objective T5CC a selector. I’m not too fussed about this one, but it provides some guaranteed value month to month. Right now these rewards have very little guaranteed value. If you’re willing to put it in offers, I see no reason to not see it here. Still going to take 7-8 months to form a full T5CC assuming you pull the class you’re targeting once or twice from the T5CC in the main EQ and the side quest. And the objective will be much more difficult to complete.

The rest is fine in my opinion. I still maintain that there should have been a title for Act 6 completion and the new difficulty level should have been based around that. These rewards would have been great a year ago when we needed a cavalier difficulty. But the game is past that now. I really don’t think a cavalier difficulty can maintain relevance. Just my two cents though. We need to see the difficulty, but with the rewards, the whole thing should be 6.1 difficulty or it just might not be worth it for so many players

Although I don’t completely agree with all of your updates to the rewards your last paragraph is very well said.

With the release of Book 2 coming soon you’re about to have a whole group of summoners who are an ENTIRE ACT ahead of new cavalier players. With these rewards I GUARANTEE you Kabam, it’s only a matter of time before people will start begging for another difficulty level above cavalier in EQ.
    They said their goal was for only completion to be possible by newly cav players. And that exploration was going to be 6.3/6.4 level. This is part of the reason some are complaining.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I haven’t scrolled through all of this but thanks to @Kabam Miike for mentioning stuff is spread across paths. That’s a great way to give people incentives to go somewhere between completion and exploration.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

MattMan said:

MattMan said:

MattMan said:

MattMan said:

Aziz5253 said:

MattMan said:

Hi everybody,

I messed up and didn't realize that I had left 37,200 Tier 2 Alpha Fragments off of the rewards list, and this entire time I thought we were talking about the same amount, but you guys have only been talking about the Completion rewards.

I hope that helps a little, and again, I am so sorry for dragging this out. I should have checked that again as soon as you guys mentioned it. Some of you even said 10k, and I glossed right over it.

You mean you scurried back to someone’s office and frantically got them to add something in to try and appease the masses? There’s no credibility left for you people
    What, humans can't make a mistake these days? I was pretty pissed too at Miike trying to justify 10k t2 alphas as sufficient, but he made a mistake and he said sorry for it. Or what, do you want a 6 star nexus for compensation?
    Mistakes are company culture at Kabam.
    I bet you're perfect huh. Nothing you ever do has been a mistake or anything right? Companies make mistakes. Please tell me one that isn't guilty of that. Go ahead, i'll wait. What's even more amazing is that you're still here. You have one of the most negative views of the game and Kabam and you're still playing the game. Baffling.
    Mistakes are only OK if you learn from them...I see no evidence that Kabam truly does.

Go ahead and complain about others complaining some more....I’ll wait.
    Not catering to every little demand that you THINK should happen isn't a mistake. You act like the community could run the company better but none of you are actually doing it. Do you run a multi-million dollar business that offers one of the most successful games in mobile game history? No you don't. Everyone thinks they know better, but they don't. This game is going on 6 years. If they were as bad as you make them out to be, they wouldn't be here right now. So stop with the "Out of touch" non-sense. It's only out of touch because it's not what you wanted.
    If you’re satisfied with the way things are then no need to keep coming back to the forums just to complain about those who aren’t. Just go away.

People holding them to their commitments and pushing them to be better might just be a reason why the game is as successful as it is. Ever considered that?

Always trying to make it personal....pathetic.
    You aren't pushing them to be better. You are pushing your agenda. You want more rewards or you think you are entitled to more because of what? They've held their commitments. If they said they are doing some they do. What you are referring to is when they make a choice on something and the community doesn't like it. Lets take the Show Up difficulty for example. They put it out there to allow people who couldn't compete a chance to see what it was all about. Well, the community couldn't handle that so they whined their way to a nerf of the content. Now Cav rewards are out and here we are again, whining about how much they suck and how out of touch Kabam is.

This is a monthly quest. It repeats. Here's what the next 4 months of just Cav/UC rewards will get you-
    3 full 6*'s
    9 full 5*'s
    3.8 T5B
    9.3 T2A
    Over 2 mil in gold.
    You'll get extra 6* shards from the 5* dupes as well.
    That's more shards than 100% 6.4. Almost as much rank up resources. This is all for way easier content than act 6. Plus all the side quests that will happen. Cav rewards will pay out more than the big ticket content. People are mad because it's not exactly what they thought it should be therefore Kabam is wrong. Most of the community is out of touch.
    And here you are again, complaining about others complaining.

If you’re happy with the rewards and/or the game as-is...there’s no need for you to be here in this discussion. Many people feel this - and other topics/issues - are lacking and out of touch. Who are you to tell them they’re wrong? Go start a thread praising the rewards instead of creating arguments.
    Hypocrisy at it's finest.
    You're really not one to talk about hypocrisy. You're the one who originally stated that we should wait until Legendary difficulty is released to judge the rewards. Later on, about the rewards, you said that "This is all for way easier content than act 6."

Don't talk about hypocrisy. You changed your stance in the span of a few posts. First, you said to wait till it was released to judge it. Then, you stated what the difficulty WOULD be, and that is something you have no idea about. No one knows how hard it is going to be except the Kabam mods.

It really seems that you do anything to be a controversial figure in the community by going out of your way to create meaningless arguments to sway the direction of a constructive thread.
    Neither one of those things I said are connected. Good try though.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. We built these rewards with a few things in mind: This needs to be sustainable moving forward, it needs to help players strengthen their rosters, and it needs to be what players were asking for.

These rewards were designed with your feedback. We looked at Forum threads, videos, tweets; and had conversations with players. In most of the cases, these rewards exceeded what reasonable Summoners had been asking for.

Also, please keep in mind that we've already announced the new Legendary difficulty for Side Events that will also be a new permanent fixture of the Contest.

That statement is a total cop out, where is all this so called feedback and all these tweets and videos? It exceeded nothing apart from your low standards.
    He didn't say this is exactly what people asked for. He said they got feedback, and with most feedback, they have to take it into account as well as weight it against the content itself and the balance of Resources overall.
    And that’s exactly the same response, it’s a standard line when they don’t have to give or show anything, the feedback about you is terrible but I bet somewhere I can find a nice comment about you, so I could say we’ve looked at the feedback and your a liked person.

I wouldn’t be telling a lie just using the right words and some of the feedback.

Hey all,

And that’s exactly the same response, it’s a standard line when they don’t have to give or show anything, the feedback about you is terrible but I bet somewhere I can find a nice comment about you, so I could say we’ve looked at the feedback and your a liked person.

I wouldn’t be telling a lie just using the right words and some of the feedback.
    So you think it's just a generic statement? Have to disagree with that. The majority of what I see from them is interacting with feedback here. I'm not connected with them on Twitter or other channels, but I presume they do much of the same. Looking at the feedback doesn't require displaying a process of elimination in great detail whereby every comment is responded to and shown as proof. That's just overscrutinizing. Some of it is reasonable, and some of it isn't, and not every idea can be implemented. What they do, and have proven time and time again, is do as much as they can in the way of what people want, that IS doable within reason. That reason is what balances the game overall and keeps it from accelerating to the point that further balancing is required. They can't just toss in some numbers without considering what it adds to and what it amounts to over time. It's not just a blind raffle for who has the best ideas for Rewards. There's a whole game to consider and pace for progress overall.
  • I understand your point about variants, but we’re getting them released apparatus more regularly now and supplemented with UC EQ seems like more than enough wiggle room to get enough rank up materials and champs to get Act 6 completion.

That's true, but if you rely upon them for that kind of progress, you've essentially turned them into progressional content rather than optional content. And if you do that, you limit the ability for the developers to design them with more freedom. Optional content can be experimental, it can be radically different from prior content, and we can always tell people hey, if you can't do it now, you can always do it later, if ever. But if they are the path to later progress, and especially if they are the *only* path to progress outside of the story arc content (because there's no relevant monthly difficulty tier) then because there's so much less Variant than there is monthly content (by virtue of the monthly EQ being monthly) you have to design Variant content to be very completable by a very specific target audience, which is a burden I wouldn't want to place on Variants.

There's a meta concern I'm following here that I haven't stated explicitly. I think there has to be progressional content which gauges player progress, and that's the story arc content. There's very specific requirements on that content because it has to be tuned for the average player to be able to traverse eventually, where "eventually" is some reasonable pace, relative to their activity level (of course less active players can't expect to progress as fast). Because everyone progresses at different paces and in different ways, we also need some optional content that players can grind out for roster progress. The arena could function as that for things like champion acquisition, but not for higher rank up materials. Also, the arena is a very high time consumption grind area of the game: it isn't like most normal content. If we make this the Variants, then we don't have an obvious area of the game for optional content not directly tied to progress: content intended to be more challenging or less conventional. We can't put that in monthly EQ, because that would be a radical change to how monthly EQ works.

So there's a need for a main progressional road, there's a need for a place to grind out progressional rewards to navigate that road, and there's a need for side excursions off the main road. Given the game content types we currently have, EQ makes more sense to me to serve the progressional grind and Variant the makes more sense to serve the more optional side content. Using Variant to bridge from early Cav to later Cav and then Cav EQ to bridge from upper Cav to beyond seems to me to be co-opting an entire content type (Variants) and making it a pseudo difficulty tier that is less flexible than a real difficulty tier.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I think the true gauge is going to be the difficulty versus the rewards. The rewards aren’t bad but also aren’t extremely juicy by any means so I wouldn’t expect the content to be absurdly hard either(for someone who can explore act 6).
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    woww 9 pages lol. I can't read them all. so will start on page 9.

Not overly impressed by Cav. diff rewards and not a happy about the shifting around in UC EQ either.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Disappointed by the amount of 6 star shards. 7500 would be good.