**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cavalier rewards [Merged Threads]

Comments

• lIPowerIllIPowerIl Posts: 22 โ˜…

Hi everybody,

I messed up and didn't realize that I had left 37,200 Tier 2 Alpha Fragments off of the rewards list, and this entire time I thought we were talking about the same amount, but you guys have only been talking about the Completion rewards.

I hope that helps a little, and again, I am so sorry for dragging this out. I should have checked that again as soon as you guys mentioned it. Some of you even said 10k, and I glossed right over it.

Hi. Can you check again maybe missed some shards in rewards. ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Evil_DevilEvil_Devil Posts: 57 โ˜…
    I do Agree 10k T2a is too little and needs to be buffed, in the other hand making players Rank up 4* as requirement is not the right way even if it's only one path, all players have put all their resources in 5* and 6* so the proper way to so it is to let players use all their roster but if they use 5* or 6* they get weakness effect which reduce their attack rating to something similar to 4*

I don't want to spend resources on 4* and sometimes I don't have all my R5/R2 Heroes as 4* or High sig as I don't use them
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    MattMan said:

DNA3000 said:

MattMan said:

If youโ€™re happy with the rewards and/or the game as-is...thereโ€™s no need for you to be here in this discussion. Many people feel this - and other topics/issues - are lacking and out of touch. Who are you to tell them theyโ€™re wrong? Go start a thread praising the rewards instead of creating arguments.

That's not how the forums are intended to work. If you believe a post should not draw dissenting opinions, you shouldn't post it here. The forums are not about aggregating like minded opinions, nor are they explicitly a suggestion box. They are here for player to player discussion, and within that scope they can *also* be a place for suggestions and feedback. But only in the context of player discussions, because no opinion is useful as feedback if all opposition to it is suppressed. In that situation, the devs have no way to know how common or uncommon the position is.

In other words, a position that can't defend itself on the forums is unlikely to be considered interesting by the devs. Nor should they be. Anyone who believes their position is something the devs should read should welcome opposition posts. Because good ideas only look good when they overcome opposing viewpoints successfully. If no one questions or challenges them at all, that's generally a mark of a boring idea.

I should also point out that when opposing viewpoints are presented on the forums, the one the devs think is better isn't always the one that the majority of forum posters support. Just like each and every one of us, the devs judge winners and losers in the marketplace of ideas on their own, and likes and disagrees have nothing to do with it. So if you genuinely believe someone is attacking your ideas unfairly, and you believe a neutral observer would agree, then those attacks should be irrelevant to you, as the devs will similarly ignore them. I know for a fact that the devs make the same judgments we do on that score also.
    Is there a prize for word count we donโ€™t know about?

Iโ€™m fine with opposing viewpoints. Simply complaining about others who took the time to post their viewpoints is just trolling. If you canโ€™t see the difference, you really shouldnโ€™t be grandstanding about what should and should not be happening on the forums.

My opinion is the rewards arenโ€™t good enough. I didnโ€™t search out posts that liked the rewards and attempt to derail the thread or complain about their opinion or try to get personal. Thatโ€™s not what the forums are for, Iโ€™m sorry you disagree and feel that behaviour should be allowed. If he had said โ€œI disagree with you because _______....itโ€™s then a discussion on a forum.

PS - you are never in a position to determine what is or is not irrelevant to someone else.
    So you are saying you were trolling? because that is what you were doing with your statement that people who are fine with the rewards should not be here, complaining about others who took the time to post their viewpoints.

So I have just done the quick you tube rounds to see what those peeps are thinking. I have two comments to make on this from what I am seeing.

1. Everyone seems to be blinded by the fact they are putting 10% T5C in, if this was put in as 4'500 Frags I think everyones take on this would be different!

When Uncollected was released we had the chance to pick up 9'000 T5B and thats just basic's doesn't have the RNG element between 6 classes.

2. Ok I hear everyone saying its not 10% its 20% with the Objectives, so great I have to rank up a bunch of 4 stars (last one I ranked 5 was Thing when he was released in January 2019 and I only did that for fun) my biggest need is T4B it will mean using 8 of them to rank/level up 1 4 star for possibly a one off objection.

I really think that stinks a little, Act 6 is released in March 2019 you can't take them in, no one that is at that level is going to rank up 4 star that was 18 months ago!

1) txbc and txcc are always treated differently. You get more basics because you need them on EVERY rankup where as you only need CC on the class rankups. If you gave the same for both CC would quickly outstrip basics and your inventory would overflowing with complaints about not enough basics.

2) the 4* setup is an objective for extra rewards THIS MONTH. They stated the objective would change. Also I am not sure what act 6 has to do with it, it just allows you to get to this point, it does not mean this content has to be gated as well. I have 100%ed act 6 and I still rank up 4*s as they are still useful for other content, so I assume you are not at the level you think you are.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,609 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Just two changes and this thread will be closed. Make tier5CC selector and up the 6* shards to 7,500 that's all.
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Kaspy said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Etjama said:

Sneakyko said:

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. We built these rewards with a few things in mind: This needs to be sustainable moving forward, it needs to help players strengthen their rosters, and it needs to be what players were asking for.

These rewards were designed with your feedback. We looked at Forum threads, videos, tweets; and had conversations with players. In most of the cases, these rewards exceeded what reasonable Summoners had been asking for.

Also, please keep in mind that we've already announced the new Legendary difficulty for Side Events that will also be a new permanent fixture of the Contest.

"reasonable summoners", meaning kabam employees and people who haven't done act 3 yet?
    I guess literally everyone in the community isn't "reasonable"
    Reasonable being those that weren't saying 2 6-Star Crystals and 50% of a T5CC.
    As in was a 10% selector unreasonable

Selectors are rare items, and will not be available in abundance very quickly. I wouldn't expect them in Content very often for at least a year.
    I honestly don't think many people are upset about the T5CC. Combined with the Legendary SQ, it's going to be a lot tbh. But the 6* shards, T5B (in completion), 5* shards, and T2A are all low.
    That's fair. We're not going to agree here because we think this is definitely on par with where an event should be.

A note on completion though is that we made it pretty clear that we are heavily emphasizing Exploration of Chapter and path rewards over Completion. Those exploration rewards you see? A lot of them will not be in exploration, but on paths.
    You definitely think they are on par? What about what your community thinks?
    My community hasn't seen the content, and aren't thinking about the acceleration of resources that will result in the introduction of harder content and Tier 3 Alphas much faster than they would like, and then possibly whatever the successor to 6-Stars is. They also have given us their thoughts in threads and conversations before this one, which the rewards were based on, and are more or less in line with.
    Could you be so kind to post a link to the threads were multiple people are saying that 10k T2A shards is what they were expecting as reasonable?
    This, I will give you. It's lower than what people may have expected, but it's also far from the only place in-game to get T2A.

6-Star Shards and T5CC Fragments are much rarer, and what we're focusing on here. For Summoners that are still in dire need of T2A, Uncollected Difficulty still contains it, as does the Glory Store, Calendars, side events, etc.
    โ€œoh, well the players can get this item from somewhere else, so we donโ€™t need to give them much here.โ€ what happens when that becomes the mindset for things like signature stones, six star shards, t5 basic and t5cc? that is a horrible way to look at things. i would suggest 12,000 t2 alpha fragments from completion and 36,000 fragments from exploration.
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Sadly...
    I am 4+ year player.Kabam you guys never understand this community.
    You are on a road that will end badly and one day there will be no turning back.I feel this...
    This community tired of this situation anymore.No other words needed...

I would rather that give some constructive feedback on what you would want to see, there's a guy before who put what he thought would suit the rewards better very well. I don't agree with all of his points, but that's what actual feedback looks like

I do take onboard what you are saying and am happy to debate... but I don't want to get into a heated series of replies thats just not my style.

1) I wanted to put this into figures, so If I have a single champ that I want to take from rank 1 to rank 3 I would need 5 x T5B and 1 x T5C, the maths on this would be to take one champ of each class up I would need 30 x T5B and 6 x T5C.

working on the rewards from monthly Uncollected/Cavalier only (I know you can get both T5 C & B from other sources) you are getting 1 TB5 and say even 20% of a T5C if you include the Objectives

It will take you 30 months to get the 6 T5C (if RNG is equal) in that time you will amass 30 T5B, so yes it would work out that you would have the T5B to rank2 and then rank3 those champs, but this will take 2.5 years to do and thats if you 100% every month and do the objective, not to mention managing your inventory as I'm sure you will cap out on T5B at one point.

2) I do not know your account or your roster, so cannot comment on why you rank up 4 stars, I don't myself and have not for a very long time, I have also got Act 6 at 100% and the only content that I have yet to complete is the 4 paths on the abyss for exploration (was waiting on Doom) my account is currently at 2,037,088 Hero Rating and I have 42 champs that are at rank 5, or 6 star at rank 2 or 3.

I'm actually at the point where my rankups are more focused on the 6 stars as with 29 rank 5's I have pretty much everything covered.

I currently have 22 maxed out 4 stars, but really don't see why I would have ranked these up in the last 18 months since act 6 came out, the only content that is relevant is V4 and thats only 1 chapter and 5 paths so I just used what I had.

So for the 4 star objective setup that lasts a month I will be required to use 8 T4B to take a 4 star from rank 3 to 5 (That is fact) I do not know what I will be using these champs for going forward if at all, T4B is my biggest shortage needing 7 to rank 2 a 6 star.

So tell what is the better use of my resources taking a 4 star up to rank 5 or taking a 6 star to rank 2?

Again I'm not trying to cause a heating exchange I'm just trying to counter your reply :)

1) In your math now make sure to account that you need t5bc in ranking your 6*s to rank 2. Also take into account that you will need the t5bc to rank up OTHER champions who you gain t5cc for. T5bc need QUICKLY outpaces the need for t5cc.

2) Except you did not counter my reply with regards to 4*s, all you did was argue a different position from your last position(moving the goal posts). Your original statement was that no one at that level was ranking up 4*s at that level (cav level), now your argument is that you want to focus on 5* and 6*s. Two widely different arguments. One is a false statement of fact, the other is a subjective personal situation and belief

In addition your position does not make sense because you stated you already have 22 4*s at max, which is a decent pool considering you just have to do 6 paths to get it, but instead of waiting to see you are assuming you need to rank up more for some reason.

As for me I rank up 4*s as I have the mats because I like having a higher pi, and they come out with content where you need 4*s all the time.

Kaspy said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Etjama said:

Sneakyko said:

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. We built these rewards with a few things in mind: This needs to be sustainable moving forward, it needs to help players strengthen their rosters, and it needs to be what players were asking for.

These rewards were designed with your feedback. We looked at Forum threads, videos, tweets; and had conversations with players. In most of the cases, these rewards exceeded what reasonable Summoners had been asking for.

Also, please keep in mind that we've already announced the new Legendary difficulty for Side Events that will also be a new permanent fixture of the Contest.

"reasonable summoners", meaning kabam employees and people who haven't done act 3 yet?
    I guess literally everyone in the community isn't "reasonable"
    Reasonable being those that weren't saying 2 6-Star Crystals and 50% of a T5CC.
    As in was a 10% selector unreasonable

Selectors are rare items, and will not be available in abundance very quickly. I wouldn't expect them in Content very often for at least a year.
    I honestly don't think many people are upset about the T5CC. Combined with the Legendary SQ, it's going to be a lot tbh. But the 6* shards, T5B (in completion), 5* shards, and T2A are all low.
    That's fair. We're not going to agree here because we think this is definitely on par with where an event should be.

A note on completion though is that we made it pretty clear that we are heavily emphasizing Exploration of Chapter and path rewards over Completion. Those exploration rewards you see? A lot of them will not be in exploration, but on paths.
    You definitely think they are on par? What about what your community thinks?
    My community hasn't seen the content, and aren't thinking about the acceleration of resources that will result in the introduction of harder content and Tier 3 Alphas much faster than they would like, and then possibly whatever the successor to 6-Stars is. They also have given us their thoughts in threads and conversations before this one, which the rewards were based on, and are more or less in line with.
    Could you be so kind to post a link to the threads were multiple people are saying that 10k T2A shards is what they were expecting as reasonable?
    This, I will give you. It's lower than what people may have expected, but it's also far from the only place in-game to get T2A.

6-Star Shards and T5CC Fragments are much rarer, and what we're focusing on here. For Summoners that are still in dire need of T2A, Uncollected Difficulty still contains it, as does the Glory Store, Calendars, side events, etc.
    โ€œoh, well the players can get this item from somewhere else, so we donโ€™t need to give them much here.โ€ what happens when that becomes the mindset for things like signature stones, six star shards, t5 basic and t5cc? that is a horrible way to look at things. i would suggest 12,000 t2 alpha fragments from completion and 36,000 fragments from exploration.
    its not a horrible mindset, it is called balance and looking at the big picture.

Hey all,

I agree. It's also worth pointing out that there are other sources for Resources, and that this content is monthly, so they'll accumulate over time.
    At this point Kabam could back a bulldozer over you and you would agree with their decision to do that.
    you have never been in one of his alliance war threads I take it. Argue against his point, do not make ad hominems.

Lormif said:

Hey all,

I agree. It's also worth pointing out that there are other sources for Resources, and that this content is monthly, so they'll accumulate over time.
    At this point Kabam could back a bulldozer over you and you would agree with their decision to do that.
    you have never been in one of his alliance war threads I take it. Argue against his point, do not make ad hominems.
    Same with you too Kabam got the both of you whipped
    lol still with the logical fallacies, not a logical thought in ya? Ague the logic, stop attacking people.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Hey all,

lol still with the logical fallacies, not a logical thought in ya? Ague the logic, stop attacking people.
    Whipped as usual and you couldn't even spell argue.
    If you think insulting me causes me any distress you are sorely mistaken, but if you want to get the thread closed down continue making personal insults, we know what kabam does when you go down that road lol.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    From a just-cavalier standpoint, the rewards are good enough the exploration of UC and completetion of cav difficulty gives around 3,300 6 star shards and pretty much a fully formed 5 star as well as 1 t2 alpha. However, has anyone noticed....tier 6 iso in cav exploration rewards ???

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Hey all,

If you think insulting me causes me any distress you are sorely mistaken, but if you want to get the thread closed down continue making personal insults, we know what kabam does when you go down that road lol.
    So you feel insulted. Good you and him are just trolls who agree with Kabam no matter how many times they obviously try to money grab. And no I won't bother arguing with a troll.
    An insult is something you do to others (action verb), not just a feeling. And no I dont feel insulted, I would have to have some level of respect for you to feel insulted by you, and someone who cannot argue against the argument, but instead attacks the person I cannot have respect for. It is you who seems to be trolling, because you are behaving just like a troll. There are plenty of times we both argue against kabam, and often we disagree, but it is easier for you to attack us personally than to attack our arguments so you rely on that method. That is an issue with you, not me, or him.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Hey all,

So you feel insulted. Good you and him are just trolls who agree with Kabam no matter how many times they obviously try to money grab. And no I won't bother arguing with a troll.
    People can have their own standpoints. Why do you care ?
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited September 2020
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Hey all,

An insult is something you do to others (action verb), not just a feeling. And no I dont feel insulted, I would have to have some level of respect for you to feel insulted by you, and someone who cannot argue against the argument, but instead attacks the person I cannot have respect for. It is you who seems to be trolling, because you are behaving just like a troll. There are plenty of times we both argue against kabam, and often we disagree, but it is easier for you to attack us personally than to attack our arguments so you rely on that method. That is an issue with you, not me, or him.
    You and him don't argue against Kabam so don't give me that bulls***. And I have no respect for corporate shill like you and especially not GW. You people do nothing but bend over backwards when Kabam tells you to. The rewards are **** 100 people have already said what needs to be said Kabam dropped the ball on this one not sure what more you think I can add other than it Kabam we expect nothing less than disappointment. Now I'm done talking to you because you ain't worth my time nor are you the person I originally addressed.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Hey all,

People can have their own standpoints. Why do you care ?
    I'm going to guess you are new to these forums.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Hey all,

You and him don't argue against Kabam so don't give me that bulls***. And I have no respect for corporate sh**** like you and especially not GW. You people do nothing but bend over backwards when Kabam tells you to. The rewards are **** 100 people have already said what needs to be said Kabam dropped the ball on this one not sure what more you think I can add other than it Kabam we expect nothing less than disappointment.
    Just because you dont see something in no way means it is not happening. GW routinely argues against kabam in AW threads, because he hates the new war rating, and wants them to change it back to the stupid prestige system. I was gone for 8 months but before that I argued against them then too (such as when they changed SS's description), you just didnt see it and because you didnt see it you think it didnt happen, that is not how things work. It seems though that you are determined to get banned from chat today as calling people the sh word will get you in trouble with Kabam.

In this case I am ambivalent towards the rewards, they follow the same curve so I am ok with them. I also understand why they do things, and you dont seem to, therefore I am more likely to take their side then you are.