**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW points scoring needs a complete overhaul

124»

Comments

• DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    I didnt read any of the post or comment. I just thought "Mr. Pattayahead" was a hilarious name. Tell him DPXF said "lol"
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

We just lost a war where the opponents died 36 times where we died 10 times, and we didn’t kill one opponent on the map which costed us the war. Deaths need to have a impact in war.

why didnt you kill that one opponent?
    When you wake up late and you need to go somewhere fast within 15 minutes. It isn’t a fun time. Especially when the game freezes mid fight for the 4th time ever.
    You have 24 houRs and a team, not an excuse
    People have lives. My team is busy outside of this game. We don’t live in it. Mistakes happen.
    Yea like that is an excuse, it takes a total of like half an hour spread over 24 hours, if you can’t or don’t want to do it that is on you
    I wanted to do it. However, like I said waking up late and having to go somewhere fast is not the best. Most of my alliance is ever busy with work or busy with school. A half a hour may be easy for you, but not for others.
    Like I said if you can’t or don’t want to do it that is on you, wanting to change the point system just to help you when you cannot complete the war so you can beat those able to put the time in is not going to get you much traction
    It’s on me to put more time aside for a mobile game during a busy work day? Life can’t be changed like that most of the time. And yes. I’m saying that deaths should count. If they can’t play well enough. Then the side with the least amount of deaths should gain points. Since those are obviously the more skilled players deserving to head up. And not waste revive after revive on the enemy. “those able to put the time in” - we did put time into it. But again like I said. We. Have. Lives. 1 defender left In the war means we put time into it.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I’d say the majority of players in the higher tiers have work, family etc. So you’re not exactly special there I’m afraid. If you couldn’t finish your own lane within 24 hours, you presumably had a 10th player that could’ve done so instead.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

We just lost a war where the opponents died 36 times where we died 10 times, and we didn’t kill one opponent on the map which costed us the war. Deaths need to have a impact in war.

When you wake up late and you need to go somewhere fast within 15 minutes. It isn’t a fun time. Especially when the game freezes mid fight for the 4th time ever.
    People have lives. My team is busy outside of this game. We don’t live in it. Mistakes happen.
    Yea like that is an excuse, it takes a total of like half an hour spread over 24 hours, if you can’t or don’t want to do it that is on you
    I wanted to do it. However, like I said waking up late and having to go somewhere fast is not the best. Most of my alliance is ever busy with work or busy with school. A half a hour may be easy for you, but not for others.
    Like I said if you can’t or don’t want to do it that is on you, wanting to change the point system just to help you when you cannot complete the war so you can beat those able to put the time in is not going to get you much traction
    It’s on me to put more time aside for a mobile game during a busy work day? Life can’t be changed like that most of the time. And yes. I’m saying that deaths should count. If they can’t play well enough. Then the side with the least amount of deaths should gain points. Since those are obviously the more skilled players deserving to head up. And not waste revive after revive on the enemy. “those able to put the time in” - we did put time into it. But again like I said. We. Have. Lives. 1 defender left In the war means we put time into it.
    Yes, it is literally on you to put a side the minimum amount of time to play a competitive mode, and if you cannot be bothered because of your life then you should step aside. Deaths DO count, to a point. In addition since you didnt finish the node we dont know who the "obviously more skilled players" are, you could have repeatedly died until you ran out of items, and so could a backup, and depending on where the node is more and more and more.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Yes, it is literally on you to put a side the minimum amount of time to play a competitive mode, and if you cannot be bothered because of your life then you should step aside. Deaths DO count, to a point. In addition since you didnt finish the node we dont know who the "obviously more skilled players" are, you could have repeatedly died until you ran out of items, and so could a backup, and depending on where the node is more and more and more.
    I should step aside from playing a mobile game I like because I can’t play as much as others can? And also, when the game freezes mid fight and your out of time and have to go. You kinda don’t want to be more late than what you already are. I don’t see how game issues can determine skill. And not a single item was used.
  • Bdot13Bdot13 Posts: 77
    Mate you tried to play smart by using taxis but it backfired on you. You'll left defenders alive, thats the reason you lost.

34 KOs don't paint the whole picture. After 3 KOs people just pop an L1 or L2 revive to get the node down, not everyone uses potions to heal up. So majority of KOs could have simply been them fighting repeatedly with a mere 350 health. So just because they had more KOs doesn't necessarily mean they were bad/inferior players and youll were better.

You tried to play chess but they were 1 step ahead, or 5 in this case.

Take the L and move on. The scoring system is fine.

PS - are bulmkt, bulmktJR, bulmktSR the same person? Lol. You might wanna kick your baby accounts and explore more.

Peace.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Bulmkt said:

“War” has casualties. AW doesn’t reflect casualties and it should

In the end how many men left standing counts for something. They had more men left to fight another day, they win
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    We won another AW...
    nice KO count also...

Bulmkt said:

We won on attack bonus
    We won on defender diversity
    We lost on exploration and defenders remaining

And as for those who pile in on our ally ‘having weaker players’ we’ll I guess not everyone can be as good as you?

welp that's why you lost.

get those 2 trash accounts up to snuff and take no prisoners.
    We’re 5 wins from 6 fights this AW season 20 so we’re doing ok even with as you put it with “2 trash accounts” you snob
    45 KO’s in our last round (and for those snobs and whingers - we win this AW) so that means our opponent used plenty of revives...
    Bdot13 said:

Mate you tried to play smart by using taxis but it backfired on you. You'll left defenders alive, thats the reason you lost.

34 KOs don't paint the whole picture. After 3 KOs people just pop an L1 or L2 revive to get the node down, not everyone uses potions to heal up. So majority of KOs could have simply been them fighting repeatedly with a mere 350 health. So just because they had more KOs doesn't necessarily mean they were bad/inferior players and youll were better.

You tried to play chess but they were 1 step ahead, or 5 in this case.

Take the L and move on. The scoring system is fine.

PS - are bulmkt, bulmktJR, bulmktSR the same person? Lol. You might wanna kick your baby accounts and explore more.

Peace.

Tks for the self help advice buddy....
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Imagine scraping along with 3 minuscule accounts and being this invested in puffing your chest out on the forums about beating a bunch of 3-stars in war.
    TyEdge said:

Imagine scraping along with 3 minuscule accounts and being this invested in puffing your chest out on the forums about beating a bunch of 3-stars in war.

3 minuscule accounts? Spend 1 min looking them up, pal. I just find the banter on this chat to be very enlightening
  • _Reef_Reef Posts: 265
    No sympathy for new players. There's 2 weak accounts in my Alliance (5k prestige), they play their hearts out in AQ, AW no defender kills combined, maybe a kill on attack, and i plan on kicking both of them w no explanation at all once AQ week is over. They're a liability. Being nice wont get us to the next level. "Taxis" are players that got wrecked and still want to help, not guys w no intention of fighting from the get go
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Clear the map and you won't have these problems they cleared more map then you which is in itself points plus points for more defenders remaining and your attack bonus was pretty similar so those 2 categories easily overtook it.
    Look at defenders remaining they got 1000 more points than you in it killing maybe 2 more would of secured you a victory

Clear the map and you won't have these problems they cleared more map then you which is in itself points plus points for more defenders remaining and your attack bonus was pretty similar so those 2 categories easily overtook it.
    Look at defenders remaining they got 1000 more points than you in it killing maybe 2 more would of secured you a victory

Roger...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    You might as well stop paying so much attention to Defender Kills. They don't award Points anymore. Adding that at this point would break the system beyond anything considered skill.
  • LostoneLostone Posts: 23
    What I would ask for is some parity.. You go into AW and you expect an honest fight based on the buffs and debuffs.. Not a problem. The problem is when you go into a AW / AQ / incursions and you drop out cause of a poor line connection and you are punished with a 50% remaining health penalty. In some ( more ) cases an easy victory is completed, when you come back.. Are you serious.. those that say it does not annoy them .. A more reasonable penalty may be the solution?.. maybe even increase the power rating of the defender, put another buff on?.. but the blatant removal of health is a cash grab.
    Lostone said:

What I would ask for is some parity.. You go into AW and you expect an honest fight based on the buffs and debuffs.. Not a problem. The problem is when you go into a AW / AQ / incursions and you drop out cause of a poor line connection and you are punished with a 50% remaining health penalty. In some ( more ) cases an easy victory is completed, when you come back.. Are you serious.. those that say it does not annoy them .. A more reasonable penalty may be the solution?.. maybe even increase the power rating of the defender, put another buff on?.. but the blatant removal of health is a cash grab.

Yep...you re right here
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Lostone said:

The removal of health and lost of points is there to prevent people punish people who try to force quit, or time out intentionally to prevent a loss.
    Bulmkt said:

Lostone said:

Yep...you re right here
    wrong again.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lostone said:

I understand your point but that's in place to stop people force closing the game when a fight starts to go wrong like plenty of people do in quests/arena