**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Boosts and AW Defender Rating

By now everyone has figured out to place 150 diversity defenders across battlegroups and that wars come down to defender rating and defender rating only with both groups easily 100% clearing. That's how it is in any tier 1 war and most likely tier 2-3+ also.

Everyone should have figured out by now that masteries increase your defender rating so that placing your defenders with suicides is a huge factor in determining who wins the war. But something different that was not present in pre-15.0 war was BOOSTS permanently affecting defender rating. Now if you use a boost, your defender rating will be permanently boosted when it comes down to score. Not sure if Kabam is aware of that or if that is on purpose, but boosts should not be increasing your defender rating score after they wear off. It is coming down to how many players on a team will throw up boosts on their defenders right before placing. It's a system that could use a lot more work than this suggestion I know, but this is just one suggestion now that can improve the current system a little bit.

To conclude: Boosts are permanently inflating your defender rating score (for that war) even after they wear off. The winner of the war is determined by how many players place defenders with suicide masteries + how many boosts they chuck on right before placing. Boosts should not increase the defender rating score you get.

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Boosts dont affect defense rating
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Boosts dont affect defense rating

They most definitely do now.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    So now everyone needs to run suicides and highest PI to win wars................

THANKS FOR THE DIVERSITY KABAM???

Seriously just shaking my head over this diaster right now.
    It might inflate your pi while the boost is active but I’m pretty sure this was addressed as just a visual bug a long time ago when people boosted to make their defense stronger
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    Gotta go get me a max carnage and some other cosmic scrubs high in prestige and 5 levels of cosmic awareness for about 4500 units. I will be sweet.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Neither should be affecting the rating, should just be based on prestige. It's a dumb system. I sure as **** ain't gonna be wasting units and boosts every war just for defense placement
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    It might inflate your pi while the boost is active but I’m pretty sure this was addressed as just a visual bug a long time ago when people boosted to make their defense stronger

It doesn't make the defense stronger during the actual fight. However, the boost to PI is calculated into the total defender rating score. Which is far more valuable in this current iteration of war.
    Has that been proven though?

I think OP is saying this visual bug is affecting the defender rating score

To conclude: Boosts are permanently inflating your defender rating score (for that war) even after they wear off. The winner of the war is determined by how many players place defenders with suicide masteries + how many boosts they chuck on right before placing. Boosts should not increase the defender rating score you get.

Been a lot of wins.... errrr boosts for sale lately

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    I believe it is total PI after Placement. So Boosts and Masteries apply. Unless they say otherwise. I have to do the math as of yet.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    It's best to just keep Alliance swapping for streaks now instead of playing the current system.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Would simply like to know: Are boosts intended to be "tiebreakers" by increasing your defender rating score or is it a bug that boosts are giving you more defender rating points at the end of the war?
  • This has been an issue from the start that Kabam has failed to address in their **** scoring system. Losing wars all because the other team nudged you ahead in defender rating.

Why should certain masteries be a 'must' to have unlocked and ready just to secure a win in AWs? Where's the flexibility that we used to enjoy in our mastery trees? This is only further compounded with excessive boosting. It's quite ridiculous and disappointing to see what wars have become.

Hopefully this has been something that the team have been discussing as you continue to fix AW. Otherwise, some serious attention to this giant loophole needs to be addressed ASAP!!!